Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon (1283 Views)

Todhost Now Offers Unlimited Bandwidth On Reseller Hosting / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng / Sunnewsonline.com Bandwidth Limit Exceeded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by jjjkkkooo: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2011
Please has anyone experienced this before? relatively new site just got bandwidth exceeded so soon. the sites are joomla sites. One of them is even not yet finished. Is there any injection? is it a hosting problems? some say maybe spider or bot from google, msn etc. Any help pls?
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by Afam4eva(m): 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2011
Why not check the bandwidth that was allotted to you in the control panel and see if it matches what you ordered.
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by DualCore1: 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2011
Contact your host
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by jjjkkkooo: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2011
Well, i suspected something. i receive emails that some accounts are always been created on the sites without my knowledge. some strange names are been created. Also, i have not added any content to the site in recent times (more pages, images etc), the sites just grew and consume the bandwidth. i contacted the host, he said he believes its not from their side. I appreciate more seuggections.
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by Slyr0x: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2011
Could be a bot. .Could be a doser. .Could be anything. .I believe yo host should be able to help out. .In addition, you checked yo site logs? Could be a starting point, you know!
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by jjjkkkooo: 10:45pm On May 01, 2011
Slyr0x:

Could be a bot. .Could be a doser. .Could be anything. .I believe yo host should be able to help out. .In addition, you checked yo site logs? Could be a starting point, you know!

i checked d file on cpanel. i couldnt suspect any strange thing. could u help on how to check the log?
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by lagoshost(m): 1:14pm On May 02, 2011
Check your host. They should have solutions for this.
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by Seton(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2011
lagoshost:

Check your host. They should have solutions for this.

or better use Awstats so that you can be able to know page visited page by page, i guess that will help you to know if your bandwidth is being shared by another account.

Anyway,, i sincerely hope it not one of the unlimited bandwidth hype out there on the internet.
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by ufumes(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2011
ha ha ha, i used to experience the problem at times. you have the following options, you can contact your host to purchase a bigger hosting plan, or you deal with the cause. Since you said its a new site, genuine visitors wont have exceeded your current hosting plan. the reason while it occured is because some automated browsers are visiting your site. one way i tackle such problem is to ban IP of known bots. especially those coming from countries that my site content does not target. you can find the IP denier tool from your Cpanel. hope this helps
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by SpikesC1: 11:27pm On May 05, 2011
Check your files too oooo, maybe someone don place indianwebproxy script on your server and dey steal your bandwith with your ip. Make sure anyfiles there na you put am and try adding some htaccess security essentials.i don't know why web designers no dey look into that but we developers dey suffer for am
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by hostsleek(m): 9:33am On May 06, 2011
Check You Hosting Plan And See The BandWidth Allocated To You.
Also Contact Your Host To Resolve The Issue.
Re: Bandwidth On Website Exceeded Sooo Soon by Landofmystery: 12:30am On May 07, 2011
what is the website's url, i can help

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Buy Website Traffic? All These Seo Craps Are Not Working!! / 50% Off Unlimited Reseller Hosting || Free WHMCS License || Cpanel/whm / Web Hosting Advice Needed Urgently... Enter Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.