Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? (2460 Views)

White Lady Spotted In Wrapper Using Nigerian Grinding Stone And Speaking Pidgin / White Woman Grinding Pepper With Native Grinding Stone. / 12 Types Of Guests We All Get Tired Of In Our Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by OyinNurse(f): 5:10am On May 29, 2021
Used to use it as a single gal in Naija and I remember the stew tastes delicious in a unique way compared to using blender. Wish I could get my hands on one here...

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Easyincome24: 7:13am On May 29, 2021
OyinNurse:
Used to use it as a single gal in Naija and I remember the stew tastes delicious in a unique way compared to using blender. Wish I could get my hands on one here...
There is still no none fact why stew prepared with grinding stone tastes differently.

Some have argued about it that it's not the store in particular but the person preparing it.
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by OyinNurse(f): 7:33am On May 29, 2021
Easyincome24:

There is still no none fact why stew prepared with grinding stone tastes differently.

Some have argued about it that it's not the store in particular but the person preparing it.

It is my opinion that the stone has a lot to do with it. The closest I have come to replicating the taste of the stone ground 'ata dindin' is using a food processor without water to grind
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by ImaIma1(f): 8:08am On May 29, 2021
Vision101:
@ImaIma1
I like the grinding stone but I have never tried using it. There are some women who grind with grinding stone in one of the markets i go to. I pay extra to have my pepper/ tomatoes grinded with it.

But to sit down with grinding stone by myself, nooo. Even my husband will frown at such extra stress, as I open my eye no marry traditional minded man.

@me
You like it and pay someone to use it but you don't want to learn how to use it. See ajibo.

Traditionally minded men are the sweetest. You must serve me correct pounded yam.

Why go through that stress when I can pay someone to do it if I want it? I have learnt from wives older than me that doing those things don't add to my star as a wife. That if I can pay people to do things to reduce stress, I should. Because as I get older, it will tell on me.

I don't even have a mortar at home, not to talk of pounding yam. My husband kuku hates that kind of stress; he says that if it is him I want to pound for, he doesn't want cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 3:18pm On May 29, 2021
Tried it once, my strength couldn’t bring the stone to blend the pepper.
In this 21st century? You expect us to use this? Op Abeg park one side.

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by debbydams(f): 7:18pm On May 29, 2021
Easyincome24:
Some ladies said this is 21st century and no man should constrict them to this kind of harsh life when there is electric grinding machine.

Should homes still keep this grinding stone?
yes oo..this is what I used in making my beans cake(Akara) nd pepper for white Rice cheesy..
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by debbydams(f): 7:21pm On May 29, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Tried it once, my strength couldn’t bring the stone to blend the pepper.
In this 21st century? You expect us to use this? Op Abeg park one side.
lol if i use it to grind beans nd make beans cake for you, u will ask for more..tho my mom prefer using blender but I personally I use stone..
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 7:34pm On May 29, 2021
debbydams:
lol if i use it to grind beans nd make beans cake for you, u will ask for more..tho my mom prefer using blender but I personally I use stone..
Really ? Well I guess it’s because you like it that way otherwise i count it as an unnecessary stress o! I prefer using Grater for my stew instead of blender though, I like how it looks on rice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Years Were Your Parents Married / Clearance Sale Of Lace Wigs! Hurry While Stock Lasts / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth To A Baby Boy,3 Months After Giving Birth To Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.