Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,155 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing (2590 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. / Quality Floor And Wall Tiles At Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by clammyjoe(m): 6:14am On May 29, 2021
Kindly help with any solution. I just moved into my apartment, but before moving, my tiler washed the tiles with a chemical solution mixed with water and the below pictures are evidence of the result. Some of the tiles faded and turned white.

Please what can I do to restore the color. Will appreciate our recommendation.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by EmekaBlue(m): 6:20am On May 29, 2021
The chemical has washed out the colour.

Replacement, manage like that or fade them all to match is your choicr and don't use the chemical again. Light detergent like omo, even morning fresh is ok to use Next time

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by Omihanifa: 6:31am On May 29, 2021
Why use chemical to wash black or coloured tiles undecided what were you expecting before?

Don't you know that dat chemical is mostly used for white tiles to remove stains and whiten them. It like using hypo to wash coloured clothes and you expect it not to fade

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by Mandela27: 6:36am On May 29, 2021
Remove am carry go church make pastor ask am why een turn from black to white
Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by Orubebe01: 6:52am On May 29, 2021
Mandela27:
Remove am carry go church make pastor ask am why een turn from black to white

Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by phorget(m): 6:59am On May 29, 2021
That tile nah woman.
Nah so dem dey bleach upandan nowadays...
undecided

1 Like

Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by Skyfornia(m): 7:02am On May 29, 2021
No solution...manage it like that bro. It's not looking bad neither..
Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by Bankowner: 7:23am On May 29, 2021
This Tiler of yours is not experienced. A simple machine wash without chemicals (which is actually acid) would have done the job and saved you this mess. Polishing the tiles for a lasting shine is different too, there is a chemical for that as well.

If changing the affected tiles will make you feel better, and that is if you have leftover tiles or can get the exact type in the market, an experienced Tiler will remove and replace them without damage to surrounding tiles.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by Nobody: 7:26am On May 29, 2021
Lol..
You should have simply used our liquid gloss wash and water to wash or clean it. Color tiles do not require detergent or harsh cleaning agents co they'll strip it of it's lustre and shine.

Stop using the cleaning agent that caused it and don't try to dye it because if you do, it will not look natural.

The only solution to the faded ones is to change them. Get a professional tiler, and get the exact same tiles. He'll break and remove the bad ones and fix the new ones. But you're still going to need my tile wash Sir to prevent another incident.

I sell glossy liquid tile wash that will clean your color tiles and still retain it's shine. Contact me if you're interested.
You can also use it for your cars too. That's what many of my customers use for their cars, wall and floor tiles and it stays new all year round without getting stripped.
We deliver to anywhere.
Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by saintokwuluora(m): 7:26am On May 29, 2021
Simply use Kiwi black liquid polish and you have your black tiles back grin

1 Like

Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:49pm On May 29, 2021
Na cheap one you buy nau.

Color wey don wash off, you wan restore am. Na juju you go need be that o.
Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by Intrepid100: 9:49am On Dec 28, 2022
This same things just happen to me..... So sad �... I need help plz

Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by ojehmario1969(m): 8:52am On Jun 12, 2023
Intrepid100:
This same things just happen to me..... So sad �... I need help plz
Hello
Good morning
Were you able to correct it or you replaced them
Re: Help: My Black Tiles Turned White After Washing by ojehmario1969(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lol..
You should have simply used our liquid gloss wash and water to wash or clean it. Color tiles do not require detergent or harsh cleaning agents co they'll strip it of it's lustre and shine.

Stop using the cleaning agent that caused it and don't try to dye it because if you do, it will not look natural.

The only solution to the faded ones is to change them. Get a professional tiler, and get the exact same tiles. He'll break and remove the bad ones and fix the new ones. But you're still going to need my tile wash Sir to prevent another incident.

I sell glossy liquid tile wash that will clean your color tiles and still retain it's shine. Contact me if you're interested.
You can also use it for your cars too. That's what many of my customers use for their cars, wall and floor tiles and it stays new all year round without getting stripped.
We deliver to anywhere.
Your contact

(1) (Reply)

Properties And Cheap Plost Of Land For Sale In Benin Edo State / A Duplex With Pent-house Very Close To Rythem Fm 93.7 At Elegushi For Sale / 3 Bedroom Flat Well Ensuit For Rent At The Island Alpha Beach Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.