Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? (3326 Views)

Nigerian Artist Displays His Drawing That Beats The Monalisa Painting / Watch My Harry Potter Short Action Movie Edited By Me + Photos / Matrix Effect Tutorial Using Photoshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by xothermik(m): 4:34am On May 01, 2011
Hi everyone. i only just got to view a video of scenes from a bollywood movie called Endhiran (robot in Indian)on you tube and i must say i was totally impressed. in fact i think that would be putting it mildly. i always wondered why i see so many extremely talented Indian vfx and c.g artists online but they are barely being utilized in their movies. one might understand if you take into account the fact that we also have a lot of very talented c.g and vfx artists in Nigeria but visual effects in nollywood movies are totally wack. hopefully the industry will eventually take advantage of the talented artists soon and we can be awed by some of the scenes. well bollywood seems to finally have started taking advantage of its skilled hands and although i still see some little loose ends (understandably since its not like a hollywood budget) i think this is a very brilliant concept and effort and even the wachowski brothers when they see this would be like "no frigging way!" and "why didn't we think of that". what do you all think?
[flash=560,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yysbbPStfWw?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by Nobody: 6:00am On May 01, 2011
Rajinikanth is a genius. cool
Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by OKX(m): 12:33pm On May 01, 2011
yeah. Def a major improvement from the days of inserting vfx clips from other movies. Great concept!

D poor acting is still very evident tho, n d fx were a bit 2 protracted for my taste.
I would prefer fx spread thru out d movie in smaller doses; not a long sequence that allows u detect 'flaws'.

Anyway, i assume its d fx/concept we r commenting on, not d movie direction- in that, apart from a coupla shaky dynamics issues, i would say its pretty kool. Dunno wot budget or time constraints they had tho, so cant give a balanced assessment,

D snake fx was my fav. Cant imagine an indie flick without a reptile or two.lol

4get nigeria, fx wise we r stone age n likely to stay there -as long as we keep celebrating mediocrity!
We are not even where india was twenty years ago, n d know-how is readily available (and has been for atleast a decade)- pitiful!

I once had a pointless conversation with a 'famous' nollywood director who was actually bragging abt being able to shoot any movie with just one cam!

Scene 1, take 5003, action!
Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by xothermik(m): 11:14pm On May 01, 2011
i agree, the action sequence was quite an overdose. a friend of mine who met a member of the film crew doing a t.v show in dubai just told me that the vfx crew was brought in from the united states.(i would like to believe its the main visual effects supervisors though) and as a result it is now the most expensive film in bollywood history! also i heard the movie storyline itself is somewhat wack. probably just a few rupees for that as all the dollars went to the american vfx crew.
Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by OKX(m): 11:29pm On May 01, 2011
dats sad n pretty unfair, if true.
But then again, good plots have never been bollywoods strong suit,lol

i think both nolly n bolly r in d same boat on dat.

Will take time out n research d movie prod cast.
Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by xothermik(m): 11:39pm On May 01, 2011
OKX:

i think both nolly n bolly r in d same boat on dat.

yeah they are very similar in so many ways. let us know what u dig up!
Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by OKX(m): 9:21am On May 02, 2011
yeah, ur friend is right. But its for the special fx not d visual fx that d american crew worked on
The special fx team was a 7-man crew all from Legacy Effects, a US firm thats worked on major budget flicks like Iron Man2, Terminator, Avatar.

The visual effects was a 67-man crew dominated by japanese/Chinese and a buncha indians.

The director S.Shankar also wrote d movie.
I could find only 2 other movies that hed directed n written as well.

Wot i dont get is why d americans get all d limelight when they clearly arent d most deserving.lol
IMO the japanese rock!
Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by xothermik(m): 12:16am On May 03, 2011
oh i see. i certainly noticed that the part where the robot pulls in the two trucks was not c.g. it did actually swerve on the road and it had a real dud in the middle adjusting his footing. it was certainly being rammed by some real cars on one side with some few real fireworks blended with c.g. also like the part where the robots become a bowling ball, the pillars were actually broken down as well as some glass shattering. the scene that also had a chopper (c.g with c.g missile)blowing up a car( real with real explosion too). intresting. well at least if they are smart they should at least learn a few tricks from the imports lol. by the way what do you think of the rigging of the robot in its formation (voltron )mode grin ? cool huh? i think thats pretty much where the japs will come in most handy. must also say enough indian hands to do the tedious boring work lol.
Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by novaman: 6:09pm On May 04, 2011
it great but not in the level of matrix, common just because of their overkill in cgi doesn't mean you can match it with matrix, wait for my Nigerian version in 2013
Re: Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? by xothermik(m): 8:59am On May 05, 2011
novaman:

it great but not in the level of matrix, common just because of their overkill in cgi doesn't mean you can match it with matrix, wait for my Nigerian version in 2013

well the thread topic was a question not a statement but all the same we eagerly await your 2013 masterpiece.

(1) (Reply)

Come And View Our 2022 Graphic Design Portfolio / Where Can I Download Adobe Illustrator / Art Works By A NAIRALANDER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.