Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League (482 Views)

Real Madrid, Chelsea & Manchester City "To Be Expelled From Champions League" / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo / Maurizio Sarri Reacts To Chelsea's Shocking Defeat By Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:14pm On May 29, 2021
Chelsea won the Champions League for the second time with a fully deserved victory over Manchester City in the all-Premier League confrontation in Porto.

Thomas Tuchel got the better of his Manchester City counterpart Pep Guardiola for the third time since succeeding sacked Frank Lampard in January to bring European club football's biggest prize back to Stamford Bridge for the first time since 2012.

Kai Havertz, blossoming after a slow start to his Chelsea career, scored the winner three minutes before half-time when he collected a defence-splitting pass from Mason Mount to round City goalkeeper Ederson and score.

It leaves City still searching for the Champions League, the trophy that has always eluded them, and Guardiola cannot escape scrutiny for his part in this defeat after taking a tactical gamble which backfired.

Guardiola surprisingly decided against utilising either Rodri or Fernandinho as a defensive midfielder, leaving City with a muddled game plan that reduced their effectiveness and rarely presented Chelsea with any problems.

Chelsea had the better opportunities throughout, Timo Werner wasting two good chances before Havertz struck and substitute Christian Pulisic squandering another in the second half.

City, who lost Kevin De Bruyne to injury midway through the second half, threw on Sergio Aguero for his final appearance but there was no fairytale ending for the club's greatest goalscorer as Chelsea closed out the win.

And for Tuchel it was elation after the disappointment of losing last year's final as manager of Paris St-Germain.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57268064

Dominique.
Mynd44.
Mukina2

1 Share

Re: Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:17pm On May 29, 2021
Oh What A Feeling

1 Share

Re: Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:21pm On May 29, 2021
'Kante best team player in world football'

Former Chelsea player Joe Cole, speaking to BT Sport:

"I don’t think there is a more important player for his team in world football than N'Golo Kante. He drove this team."

N'Golo Kante is staggering. I am shattered just watching him.
I played with Claude Makelele and I thought he was the best in that position until I saw this kid. He is Makelele plus extras."

Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta to BT Sport:
"[Kai Havertz] was so calm. Not only that. He runs like crazy! That's why he deserves this.
"I came here in 2012 after that Champions League win. I wanted to repeat that Champions League success. It is amazing. My family are here. It is a special, special day."

Chelsea goalscorer Kai Havertz to BT Sport:
"I don't know what to say. I really don't know what to say. I waited a long time.
Now I want to thank my family, my parents, my grandmother and my girlfriend. I don't know what to say.
"I've waited 15 years for this moment and now it's here."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League by Deborah98(f): 10:43pm On May 29, 2021
We are not calming down ooooh,who dey breathe grin
Who dey zuzu cheesy
Omo if your game enter shake body for your girl....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:57pm On May 29, 2021
We can now rename the Holding midfield position to the “Kante position”!!!
What a player.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League by VickyRotex(f): 11:32pm On May 29, 2021
Kante position grin grin

Oh what a feeling cry kiss cry kiss

Congratulations to CHELSEA and all Chelsea fans!!!

Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
'Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name

Here at the Bridge, whether rain or fine
We can shine all the time
Home or away, come and see us play
You're welcome any day

Come to the Shed and we'll welcome you
Wear your blue and see us through
Sing loud and clear until the game is done
Sing Chelsea everyone

What a GAME, What a SEASON

KTBFFH kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Beat Man City To Win Champions League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:43am On May 30, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Type Chelsea into Google....... Watch blue fireworks display ....... cheesy
Asiseeit:

Yup. It's (or was, dunno if it's still there) Same for Villarreal and Barcelona women
Wow! shocked
We just checked it out.
That is so cool and beautiful mehn!
Beautiful fireworks : Strictly for the Champions alone!
Thanks Google!!! kiss

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Is Liverpool Going To Come Out Of Thier Trophy Drought / Chelsea's Joe Cole Signs For Liverpool / Real Fantasy Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.