Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) (6143 Views)

REGISTERED 1998 MODEL TOYOTA CARINA E....PRICE: N450k / 1997 Honda Accord (bull Dog) Price N450k / 2000 KIA Shuma @ Cheap price N450k @ Banix autos 07044024051 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 11:42am On May 31, 2011
zzzz
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 31, 2011
Bro, I know all about forced induction. I also know the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger. Very different characteristics from both.

Any Mercedes-Benz SLK with forced induction is Supercharged. Saying your SLK is turbocharged is false, and misleading.
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 7:57pm On May 31, 2011
Siena, I dont expect you guys who sell expensive accidented cars from the UK into Nigeria to like me because I sell cheap. The market is big enough for everybody, pls take your aggro elsewhere,

Not all Mercs are supercharged!! And this one is,

and a supercharged model (kompressor) is faster than the ordinary model and most cars on the road.

This car will beat 90% of the cars that everybody has been posting in the last two months when it comes to acceleration and speed, without even finishing the throttle,
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 31, 2011
qunleajayi:

Siena, I dont expect you guys who sell expensive accidented cars from the UK into Nigeria to like me because I sell cheap. The market is big enough for everybody, pls take your aggro elsewhere,
Not all Mercs are supercharged!! And this one is,
and a supercharged model (kompressor) is faster than the ordinary model and most cars on the road.
This car will beat 90% of the cars that everybody has been posting in the last two months when it comes to acceleration and speed, without even finishing the throttle,

You're getting things wrong.

If you've been here long enough, or indeed followed my posts, you'll realise I don't sell cars, I never have. I'm an automobile engineer, and car enthusiast. I was merely correcting your error. Not all Mercedes-Benz are supercharged, I agree. And yours is - again, agreed.

My concern here was you said it was turbocharged. Which it isn't. A turbocharger is very different from a supercharger. As for performance of a supercharged car, there's nothing you can tell me about the inner workings of the internal combustion engine, petrol or diesel, naturally aspirated or forced induction, turbocharger [/b]or [b]supercharger that I don't already know. I build race and show cars, one of my build threads is here somewhere, whereby I replaced the 2,6L V6 engine in my old '96 Audi A4 quattro with a 4,2L V8-32V from a 2003 Audi S8. I know my stuff when it comes to automobile.

I have nothing against you selling cars that need work to get them in good shape - I actually commended your Volkswagen Bora advert here:

Siena:

Sometimes, it's best to buy a car with straight bodywork cheap, with a tired / dead engine. At least, once a new one's fitted, you know its history.

I don't subscribe to the idea of down grading a decent fuel-injected engine to a carburettor one. Fuel injection is inherently more reliable than a carburettor, and is set up to provide optimum performance and fuel economy.

Now, is that the comment of someone jostling for car sales space with you?
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
OK oh, Sienna, but may I say here that even that you can correct in love.

Mercedes has chosen to use the Supercharger for exactly the same job that a turbocharger
does and in terms of what they both do, I think the SLK acquits itself pretty well.

Dont you think that within that context, your language that I am misleading my buyers by saying the car is
turbocharged was a little STRONG? Buyers who didnt know better could have felt I was dubious whereas the
car is actually enhanced for speed by an alternative EQUALLY EFFECTIVE device
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2011
Bro, I see where you're coming from, and my intention wasn't to cast aspersion on your person.

Though superchargers and turbochargers are power-boosting aids, they're very different in design and characteristics. And from a maintenance point of view, a supercharger has a very different, complex maintenance schedule. Most garages can service a turbocharger in-house, the Eaton / Lysholm supercharger favoured by Mercedes-Benz is not a DIY proposition, should it fail in service.

This is my only reason for pulling you up when you said the engine in your SLK was turbocharged.
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by MYAs2011: 1:05am On Jun 02, 2011
Ok sorry, but we hv to be security conscious. Ok am sorry, I will pay 200k for it, cash and carry and I hv to confirm how much it will cost me to get another key for this baby, call me up 08025491178
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2011
MYAs2011:

Ok sorry, but we hv to be security conscious. Ok am sorry, I will pay 200k for it, cash and carry and I hv to confirm how much it will cost me to get another key for this baby, call me up 08025491178

Am a maintenance person and If I wanted N250k, I could have sold the engine to a customer who had an e-class with engine problems since about a month ago, The asking price is N650k, its just Nairalanders that I give my LASTEST prices so that all my saliva doesnt dry up answering long phone calls and haggling. The key coding should cost you about N30-50k, but it can take time and you may also be disappointed, the alternative is to just buy the complete key, brainbox, transponder for about N120k, I can arrange this, and I guarantee you that you will drive away the car in exactly 45minutes from payment,
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2011
Meanwhile somebody has called to come and pick the car from Lokoja on Tuesday,
LUCKY FELLOW,
Just like the Bora, which went to Andrew in Warri, this car will soon go, then people
will start calling and saying they will pay double if I can find ANOTHER one,
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2011
Going,
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by andyanders: 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2011
Please can you send the picture? I can pick it up for 120k and I will get the engine. But let me see the pitures please =
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 7:05am On Jun 14, 2011
The Bora is gone since, and what makes you think that you can get even a good bicycle for N120k? Just because we are selling doesnt entitle you to just post anything here s' o gbo?
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2011
The car is still hot, for N400k you can carry away this ride
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2011
yep
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
Carry this roadster this weekend and get a free front CD loader car stereo and a bottle of wine
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2011
The wine is being chilled already o, and you get the CD-Loader too
Re: Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) by qunleajayi(m): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2011
Should i fix it myself? If I do that then the price will go up to N1.2m, o,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2002 (nigeria Used) Up For Sale / 2008 Honda Accord / HELLO!!! Tired Of Struggling On How To Market Your Cars? SEARCH NO FURTHER!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.