Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja (750 Views)

3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos) / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / When To Use Raft Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2021
Construction of a 3 storey stacked Terrace (Raft foundation)
Join me as I give you bit by bit progress report on the construction of A stacked terrace which is also designed in such a way that it can be converted to block of flat. Reason being which ever moves market for the client will shape his decision.
For the mean time I've been the resident site engineer for this project for over 5months now ( since January) and we've taken the structure from foundation level to first decking. This structures are 4 units and I'm in charge of 2 units.
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
Before I set foot on the pedal, Let me call my oga spyder880 to join me.
I'll be giving detailed reports and if there's any technical area you'll like to be clear about or contribute ideas too we are all welcomed and the floor is ours
Dimension of structure, 11m x 40m each
Structural drawing coming shortly.
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2021
Structural Raft beam layout

Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by AUgucci: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
DORS:
Join me as I give you bit by bit progress report on the construction of A stacked terrace which is also designed in such a way that it can be converted to block of flat. Reason being which ever moves market for the client will shape his decision.
For the mean time I've been the resident site engineer for this project for over 5months now ( since January) and we've taken the structure from foundation level to first decking. This structures are 4 units and I'm in charge of 2 units.
I want to deckin my house before roofing,what's your advice. I'm considering fire resistant and water and even heat resistant. And cost ,my wish is the high quality Gerald which will cost slot so I'm considering to deckin now and roof next year
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
AUgucci:

I want to deckin my house before roofing,what's your advice. I'm considering fire resistant and water and even heat resistant. And cost ,my wish is the high quality Gerald which will cost slot so I'm considering to deckin now and roof next year
I'll have understand your question so you can make the best descision. The conclusion behind decking it before roofing is what we'll have to know, them we'll know where to cut cost to achieve the project.
You can contact me on call to guide you and the drawing will help us in making your decision too
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 11:09pm On Jun 01, 2021

Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by AUgucci: 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
1. I want to look at fire resistant in the building,fire ruined the building when it has access to the roof.
Plus pop don't last for long,and deck would be more durable and more water resistant and even heat resistant
2. I'm looking at the comparison with pop ceiling with is quite expensive,so when I deck d building I'll only need to plasta and do some wall jobs
3. Additional reason why I would want to deck is because of the high cost of roofing Gerald you knew considering the high quality stone coated,I would need to go for roof later became of beauty and also I know decking can resistant water for long.
I'm sure I could afford it later but I need to move in as soon as possible.
The load evaluation is proper, enough pillars and foundation is five coach.
So to cut the cost what do you think when I used iron 10 and enough cement and then make way for water you know at least to save stress for a year or two,then when I can afford the roof I'll put it over the decking I already done parapet.
3. So the main question is that what's your view on all of this,
I think this is not a common practice in Nigeria
And is there anything wrong in doing it.
To my own level of understanding I think it's standard so what's your opinion.
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by spyder880(m): 5:42am On Jun 02, 2021
DORS:

This is a good one, I will be looking to see how you bring this project out to completion. I have always been looking out on projects in the north so I can see if their processes differ from ours substantially. We are here with you, just give us updates as you move on. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
Foundation Trench Excavation
Excavation of foundation tremches begins.
The depths of our excavation is 1.5metre from the NGL. The excavation varies as ground level changes.
For example in one of the stacked terrace, the difference in level from both ends was about 1.3m. Hence we stepped the foundation at each flat in the ground floor.
In summary the excavation depth at each flat varied.
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
The 4 flats where we stepped the foundation

Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
From the left the first step up was 400mm, next 400mm, and the last 500mm
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
The region with the veritas mark is a stair hall and the line is the then is that of the first step up

Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
After the stage of excavation,
We did a blinding of 10cm on which to start our ground beam ironwork
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
The width of our excavation was supposed to be at least 1.2 metre as we advised the QS.
Convinient working space for ironbenders. However the client and the QS insisted on 900mm at the first stage of the project. Then it dawned on the client when the carpentry workmen and ironbenders were slow in their work and reluctant to do some part due to the the difficulty.
The width was adjusted in latter stages.
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
Excavation and concrete blinding

Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
Also casting concrete biscuit ahead for the iron benbender to place while doing the placing of reinforcements. This is to allow for concrete over under the ground beam

Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
The line of the ground beams were tr ansfered as usual from the profile board to the foundation trench with the help of a building line
Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
And a Plumb

Re: Construction Of A 3 Storey Stacked Terrace (raft Foundation) In Abuja by DORS(m): 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
Sorry I've been busy and out for some time, let me drop some update on our project

(1) (Reply)

Homely and Affordable Room Self Con. For Short Let in Gbagada / Hot ready to build 20 Acres Of Land For Sale Behind Amen Estate Eleko Ibeju Cofo / For Sale Modern 3 Bedroom Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.