Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career (22480 Views)

Man Accuses Loan App Of Announcing His Death After He Defaulted / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me / My Career Has Been Killed Both In Nigeria & Abroad; Lady Disgraced In Nude Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2021
Hi there,
With a strong heart, I am typing this content.

I as of 5th May, applied for a loan from the instant loan App downloaded from the Playstore(Palmcredit) which is less than a [code][/code]20,000 but they didn't disbursed the said amount into my bank account linked to them despite waiting for 24hrs.

While waiting, their application on my phone had actually recorded that I am owing them which I didn't receive any money at all, they allegedly said that I owe them for I did not receive the sum as they claimed.

They have my contact details including Politicians, Landlords, Business Partners and lots more which is contained on my phone as their App did accessed my contacts listing over 800 phone numbers.

The case is, today I received a threat from them that they're going to inform all of my contacts of the accurance, (Screenshot attached) which I regarded as palmcredit "blackmailing" me because I didn't see the money.

These has made me to visit my bank branch and seriously nothing from them came into my account as of today being 1st June.

I'm Abuja base Junior Property Consultant and all of my contacts are very important to me and each contact is worth more than a Million Naira, so. With their threat and if they go ahead to take the action without them consulting their bank it's gonna cost me a lot.

The case is something like;
-I applied for a Loan
-They allegedly disbursed it(I didn't see it)
-They're now Blackmailing me (Threats)

As the case might be, they are spoiling my Credit Records with their incompetency in service delivery which might affect me when applying for a loan or travelling out.

And Two, should they send Messages to my over Eight hundred contacts spoiling my reputation, it's going to be a bad business for me as no one would like work with me.

Note: I have checked my bank statement and there's nothing from them.

Stated above is what I am going through.

What would you do when you find yourself in this kind of situation.

And should they send such messages to my contacts, what would you have me to do?

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Mod please do the needful, as I want more input please
Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Homeboiy: 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2021
Go court

6 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by 2special(m): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2021
Try to sort it out with them by printing and sending your bank statement to them and you should have approached one of your numerous business contacts for a loan of #20,000

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by doggedfighter(f): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2021
Don't they have offline offfices where one can trash out these things?

Stay away from loan apps.

The tears far outweighs the gains.

Friends and family any day. I f they fail to give you, kindly drink water and sleep. undecided

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by yomi007k(m): 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
When you applied for the loan on the 5th of may, did you send them an e mail or contact them that you didn't recieve the said amount?

You need to have done that with evidence.e.g statement of account.

6 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
2special:
Try to sort it out with them by printing and sending your bank statement to them and you should have approached one of your numerous business contacts for a loan of #20,000
I have used their services more than 10 times with no issues but now reverse is the case and all they do is blackmailing me

2 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
doggedfighter:
Don't they have offline offfices where one can trash out these things?
Their office is located in lagos, I reside in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by 2special(m): 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
Dproperties:

I have used their services more than 10 times with no issues but now reverse is the case and all they do is blackmailing me
ok, just print the last two months of your bank statement and send to them

1 Like

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
2special:
ok, just print the last two months of your bank statement and send to them
I am just concerned, their App uses GPS system which simply means they know my house because I have applied three times from home. Them having my bank statements simply means the can analyse where I used to use my card POS or Atm...
And knowing my full financial status might leads to a problem seeing by how fast they want to send messages to my contacts and how they lack manners.

Ouch! I got myself into it cry
Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by 2special(m): 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
Dproperties:

I am just concerned, their App uses GPS system which simply means they know my house because I have applied three times from home. Them having my bank statements simply means the can analyse where I used to use my card POS or Atm...
And knowing my full financial status might leads to a problem seeing by how fast they want to send messages to my contacts and how they lack manners.

you've no worry if the money was not send to your account, if they come to your house, grab them, raise an alarm and invite the Police

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by doggedfighter(f): 7:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
2special:
you've no worry if the money was not send to your account, if they come to your house, grab them, raise an alarm and invite the Police
Which police?

It shouldn't escalate to that because we have a useless police force.

They can even turn around and beat the living daylight out of OP.

Get him to pay the 20k.

Then hear his side of the story grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Patented: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
Report them the CBN, attach Ur bank statement as proof

14 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by MrCover: 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2021
Get In Touch With

3 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2021
Patented:
Report them the CBN, attach Ur bank statement as proof
are their services regulated by CBN or do they have licence?
Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Kosoco(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
They are Mad people.... How I wish I'm close to you I would have call them in your presence.... Don't ever allow this matter die or chicken in by paying them money you never spent. Contact me if you can. Special Fraud Unit will deal with them and they will tender apology in the national daily for defamation

8 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Kosoco(m): 8:12pm On Jun 01, 2021
Dproperties:
see d kind question wey you dey ask. Any financial dealings of any kind must be regulated by d CBN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2021
Kosoco:
see d kind question wey you dey ask. Any financial dealings of any kind must be regulated by d CBN
I know, but some used to do black market kind, as you know anyone can develop app and start giving out loan without license.

I will write out to CBN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
Get your statement of account (for months before, during and after said disbursement) and send to them. With threats of raising merry hell if they try any horse sh*t with you.
Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
Dproperties:

I know, but some used to do black market kind, as you know anyone can develop app and start giving out loan without license.

I will write out to CBN

That's more reason for you to threaten the plonkers.

4 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
MrCover:
Get In Touch With
Check your Facebook page
Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Karleb(m): 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
The government shouldn't allow this rubbish to continue.

2 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Dproperties: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
Karleb:
The government shouldn't allow this rubbish to continue.
We can only wish all parastatal of the government are functional
Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by RMoneyInTheBank: 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
Oga... I am sorry to say you are ignorant of the damages their continued threat can cause...

What is stopping you from writing to them, attaching your statement of account for the period ?

Weather you take the matter to court, or police... The judge must surely ask you what you did when you noticed the loan was not credited to your account....

In a civilized country, with the continued threats and all that, you can easily become a millionaire if actually you didn't receive the loan

7 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Restroom: 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
I borrowed money from LCASH recently. I defaulted and they started threatening me of sending messages to my contacts.

I was scared, but came up with a solution.

I went to Google contact and deleted over 1000 names from my online Google account. As I did this, I deleted almost all my whatsapp contact. And as I did, I kept syncing to make sure all the contacts they want to send the messages to are eliminated from my android contacts.

As I speak, I have less than 30 names in my contact and even less on whatsapp. So, even that I. Owe some of them, they can't send SMS to contacts that don't exist in your phone contacts.

Once you delete from Google contacts and from whatsapp, just sync and all the contacts will vanish even from their own system.

I quietly did this and they have stopped threatening me about sending messages to my contact becuase it is pointless doing so when there are jest 22 names in my contact list. All the people that know me, I have deleted their numbers to avoid that kind of embarrassment.

So, lf you can get a new Sim, move your contacts to it or write them out in a diary. Get any app that can store your contact and wipe off your contact list from Google contact and then from whatsapp.

I have fixed them as far as threatening me with text messages are concerned.
I don't have any important contact I can't get from around.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Kingdemu: 10:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
Dproperties:

I will write out to CBN
And don't forget to send them a screenshot of your mail to CBN. That will tell them you really mean business thereby halting them from proceeding to send out any messages to your contacts.

3 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by 1Alex: 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2021
You should have sorted this out before the repayment date.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2021
Restroom:
I borrowed money from LCASH recently. I defaulted and they started threatening me of sending messages to my contacts.

I went to Google contact and deleted over 1000 names from my online Google account. As I did this, I deleted almost all my whatsapp contact. And as I did, I kept syncing to make sure all the contacts they want to send the messages to are eliminated from my android contacts.

As I speak, I have less than 30 names in my contact and even less on whatsapp. So, even that I. Owe some of them, they can't send SMS to contacts that don't exist in your phone contacts.

Once you delete from Google contacts and from whatsapp, just sync and all the contacts will vanish even from their own system.

I quietly did this and they have stopped threatening me about sending messages to my contact becuase it is pointless doing so when there are jest 22 names in my contact list. All the people that know me, I have deleted their numbers to avoid that kind of embarrassment.

So, lf you can get a new Sim, move your contacts to it or write them out in a diary. Get any app that can store your contact and wipe off your contact list from Google contact and then from whatsapp.

How did you sync?
Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by peeps4u: 1:57am On Jun 02, 2021
Why are you sounding scared already if you didn't receive anyomey from them?

Send a mail to them as advised, attaching your acct statement for the said period, then add subtle threat to the mail that you wouldn't take it lightly with them and press for defamation should they go ahead and defame you when you really didn't receive any money from them.

Further add that you've used them in the past and didn't fail to remit your loan.

Take the fight to them before they give you first attack

Dproperties:

2 Likes

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by peeps4u: 1:59am On Jun 02, 2021
Dproperties:
No, I don't even think their loan defaultment affects credit rating. A lot of people who have defaulted these loan apps got covid19 loan which normally bank loan defaulters wouldn't have

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 02, 2021
Restroom:

tell me how u did it bro,and won't they still have it in their data base.
Re: Loan App Wants To Ruin My Career by dettolgel: 4:51am On Jun 02, 2021
Restroom:

Nigerians and their evil ways tomorrow you will be the first to call people corrupt.

Instead of finding a way to meet your loan obligations you rather devise a means of not paying.

It is people like that made these loan companies to come up with ingenious ways of recovering their money.

As for the op I think there is something you are not telling.

15 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keke Operator Stops Sale Of 2-month-old Triplets In Ebonyi / Mom Whose Two Kids Were Abducted By Apprentice Has Attempted Suicide 3 Times / 12 Bayelsa Women Who 'Used Juju To Stop Road Construction' Land In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.