Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Is Cassava Leaves For Eating? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Cassava Leaves For Eating? (1146 Views)

Dog Lovers Call Out Hilda Baci & Influencer Enioluwa For Eating Dog Meat (vid) / Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) / Points For Eating Healthy On A Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Cassava Leaves For Eating? by MedaRophe(f): 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
I came across an article with caption, "health benefits of eating cassava leaves". I read it to make sure it is referring to human beings. Wow!
I discovered people are cooking soup with cassava leaves and are eating it.
Please, who has eating cassava leaves as meal biko?
Here is the article Link:

https://9jainformed.com/2021/06/01/uses-and-health-benefits-of-eating-cassava-leaves/

1 Share

Re: Is Cassava Leaves For Eating? by thorpido(m): 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
It's a common delicacy in East Africa.

1 Like

Re: Is Cassava Leaves For Eating? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 05, 2021
The Liberians and Sierra Leoneans cook some sort of soup with it(talking about cassava leaf). If you are a guest, they serve you.

Had some of them as neighbours growing up at N/Town, Ojo so I know this much. They call it saka saka or something like that.

But personally, that stuff doesn't look edible. Matter of fact, I hate it as much as I hate "bitterleaf". angry

1 Like

Re: Is Cassava Leaves For Eating? by MedaRophe(f): 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
thorpido:
It's a common delicacy in East Africa.
shocked you mean it!!
Re: Is Cassava Leaves For Eating? by MedaRophe(f): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
Are you kidding me? Cassava leaves soup? For real? shocked
That stuff is a poison. It kills goat like anything.
mansakhalifa:
The Liberians and Sierra Leoneans cook some sort of soup with it(talking about cassava leaf). If you are a guest, they serve you.

Had some of them as neighbours growing up at N/Town, Ojo so I know this much. They call it saka saka or something like that.

But personally, that stuff doesn't look edible. Matter of fact, I hate it as much as I hate "bitterleaf". angry

(1) (Reply)

Food And Body Weight / Egunsi / Need Chocolate Bar In Bulk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.