Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

Breaking: Many Dead As Gunmen Invade Community - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Breaking: Many Dead As Gunmen Invade Community (999 Views)

Gunmen Storm Opuoko In Rivers, Shoot Many Dead, Set Others Ablaze (Graphic Photo / Gunmen Invade Mambilla Cultural Dance In Taraba, Shoot Many Dead (Graphic Photos / Gunmen Shoot Many Dead In Omoku, Rivers, Injure Others (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Many Dead As Gunmen Invade Community by tonyluyi1985: 10:20am On Jun 06, 2021
Some gunmen have invaded Iganga town in Ibadan North Local Government Area of Oyo State, causing heavy damages in the town, The Vent Republic gathered.
The Vent Republic learnt that the gunmen who were suspected to be Fulani herdsmen invaded the town around 11.pm on Saturday and left the town around 3.am on Sunday.
A Daily Post correspondent gathered that during the invasion, several residents of the town were killed.
Sources within the town told DAILY POST Sunday morning have maintained that the number of lives lost during the invasion have not been ascertained.
The residents claimed that it was Fulani herdsmen that invaded the town, though it has not been confirmed if it was Fulani herdsmen that invaded the town as claimed by the residents.
Oladiran Oladokun, Convener of Igangan Development Advocate (IDA), confirmed the attack to DAILY POST on Sunday.
Oladokun who confirmed the killing of many residents during the attack, however, said that the number of casualties have not been confirmed.
He alleged that the invasion was due to the banishment of the Seriki Fulani in the town.
He added that Fulani herdsmen had been threatening to attack the town since the Seriki Fulani was banished from the town.
“Are you calling in respect of Iganga incident? That is how we saw it.
“It was the Fulani herdsmen that have been threatening to come and attack Iganga because of the Seriki Saliu that we sent away from the town.
“So, we have been receiving threats and they carried out their threat midnight.
“They operated between 11.pm on Saturday till around 3.am today (Sunday).
“We can’t count casualties now because it was not safe for anybody to come out now.
“So, it was during daybreak that some people are coming out from bushes where they ran to. We are still counting.”
Source: https://theventrepublic.com/2021/06/06/breaking-many-dead-as-gunmen-invade-community/
Re: Breaking: Many Dead As Gunmen Invade Community by Xpol: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2021
Haa! Killings no dey tire Nigerians? Oh Lord please help us to heal this country, I love a united Nigeria but you know better than we humans.

If to divide the country is what will bring peace and development please cause Nigeria to divide because I personally am tired of these backwardness and evil occurrences befalling the country.

I’m tired of all these bad news.

Bring the needed solution oh my dear Lord AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Many Dead As Gunmen Invade Community by Mchawi(f): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2021
How I wish the whole South can unite and arm themselves against this fulani terrorists.. These people are evil. Rip to the dead
Re: Breaking: Many Dead As Gunmen Invade Community by Nbote(m): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2021
So Where's Amotekun
Re: Breaking: Many Dead As Gunmen Invade Community by Rotimi47: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2021
Na wa o! The 5 invaders killed when the local hunters and amotekun corps came out to confront them are identified to be fulanis.

It's like they knew that most the able bodied men had travelled to Ekiti for igboho's oduduwa republic agitation and those around are mostly aged, women and young ones.
Re: Breaking: Many Dead As Gunmen Invade Community by showafrica(m): 8:29am On Jun 07, 2021
Xpol:
Haa! Killings no dey tire Nigerians? Oh Lord please help us to heal this country, I love a united Nigeria but you know better than we humans.

If to divide the country is what will bring peace and development please cause Nigeria to divide because I personally am tired of these backwardness and evil occurrences befalling the country.

I’m tired of all these bad news.

Bring the needed solution oh my dear Lord AMEN!!!

Simply give all ethnic groups a share of Nigeria. I don't know why people have to die because of oil. This oil ba curse, na only Soudi Arabia and UAE understood the secret.

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Disappeared During A Live Interview (video/pics) / Isi Ataga Pays Tribute To Late Usifo Ataga At His Funera / Video Of Two Men Exchanging Blows Inside An Airplane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.