Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? (723 Views)

What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Man Is Also A Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by philfearon(m): 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2021
I have often come across people making references like "if not because of God...", they will grant another persons request or favour. In some other instances, God is used to beg people to do something they're supposed to do ordinarily.

This has got me wondering. Is it that people are inherently bad or just looking for an excuse to show that part of them once "God" is not part of the equation anymore?

A lot of people can't do anything for you without reference to God 'enabling' or 'allowing' them to do it. Everything they do is for the sake of God. This leads me to ask, is the fact that God is in your life the reason why you are being good?

https://uptownerd.com/2021/06/06/are-you-a-good-person-only-because-you-feel-like-god-is-watching-everything-we-do/

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
philfearon:
I have often come across people making references like "if not because of God...", they will grant another persons request or favour. In some other instances, God is used to beg people to do something they're supposed to do ordinarily.

This has got me wondering. Is it that people are inherently bad or just looking for an excuse to show that part of them once "God" is not part of the equation anymore?

A lot of people can't do anything for you without reference to God 'enabling' or 'allowing' them to do it. Everything they do is for the sake of God. This leads me to ask, is the fact that God is in your life the reason why you are being good?
Is choosing to do God in obedience to God not what God called us to doing? undecided

Aren't we told that our human kind of goodness is filthy rags where God is concerned so it doesn't seem to matter whether we are "good" by nature as what matters more seems to be that we are good because of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by philfearon(m): 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Is choosing to do God in obedience to God not what God called us to doing? undecided

Aren't we told that our human kind of goodness is filthy rags where God is concerned so it doesn't seem to matter whether we are "good" by nature as what matters more seems to be that we are good because of God. undecided

God didn't call anyone to do Good. Where did he make the call?

Secondly, which God?
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
philfearon:

God didn't call anyone to do Good. Where did he make the call?

Secondly, which God?
Good === Righteousness, the keys to Heaven itself - Matthew 24 vs 31-46. undecided

The one and only God as written of in the book called the Bible. undecided
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by philfearon(m): 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Good === Righteousness, the keys to Heaven itself - Matthew 24 vs 31-46. undecided

The one and only God as written of in the book called the Bible. undecided

There are many Gods mentioned in the Bible. Which of them are you referring to?
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
philfearon:
There are many Gods mentioned in the Bible. Which of them are you referring to?
In book is focused on just the one God. If you dont know which, then maybe you should have specified this from your OP. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by philfearon(m): 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
In book is focused on just the one God. If you dont know which, then maybe you should have specified this from your OP. undecided

The God used in the OP is generic. The one you are referring to is specific to 1 particular religion.
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
philfearon:

The God used in the OP is generic. The one you are referring to is specific to 1 particular religion.
Ok, my mistake then! undecided
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by philfearon(m): 6:18am On Jun 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok, my mistake then! undecided
So, answer?
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:23am On Jun 13, 2021
philfearon:

Yes, they are inherently bad. Why? Because they now KNOW EVIL and can decide to do it.

And do people love doing evil? Yes, they do. You see it all around you and you often hear them confess their love for the sweetness of doing evil. "Ah e go sweet to fuq that man wife, you too dey happy make I ..."

philfearon:

This leads me to ask, is the fact that God is in your life the reason why you are being good?

Without God, Good can not be done exactly as without Microsoft Word, you would not be able to type on your laptop. Also, without God, we would be dead as a phone and car without its battery. "Cut off from me, ye shall do nothing".

This is the First Level of Answer.

Second Answer, is A child behaves as his Father, so if your father is Good, the Child shall be Good but if thy father is Cain, such children must be evil.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by philfearon(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, they are inherently bad. Why? Because they now KNOW EVIL and can decide to do it.

And do people love doing evil? Yes, they do. You see it all around you and you often hear them confess their love for the sweetness of doing evil. "Ah e go sweet to fuq that man wife, you too dey happy make I ..."

Without God, Good can not be done exactly as without Microsoft Word, you would not be able to type on your laptop. Also, without God, we would be dead as a phone and car without its battery. "Cut off from me, ye shall do nothing".

Second Answer, is A child behaves as his Father, so if your father is Good, the Child shall be Good but if thy father is Cain, such children must be evil.

How did you know then that the God you are referring to is the source of your goodness?
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by budaatum: 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
I try to do good because I have found that doing good profits me more than doing the ungood.

Take insulting people on here. Whenever I insult anyone I feel like I am burning in hell. A voice in my head says, "buda, surely you could have responded a lot more intelligently than that". So I start to hate myself for not being intelligent, and then I hate how unintelligent I feel, so gradually, I am teaching myself not to insult anyone so that I never feel bad. Besides, it is so much more satisfying to turn the other cheek to those who insult me and who might supposedly deserve to be insulted back because, first, its just a cyber slap that neither hurts my body nor my soul; and second, like a real slapper, their cyber hand gets tired before they hit the seven times seventieth slap especially if I caress their cheek with my soft intellectual hands, and nothing is more satisfying and enjoyable than defeating hatred with love is what I have found.

If I do bad, like say I steal for instance, I would have to look over my shoulder to ensure I am not caught, and while looking over my shoulder I would not see where I am going and would likely walk into a pole or fall into a ditch, and how silly of me that would indeed be.

If I steal I would have to tell lies too, and then would I also have to keep track of the lies I've told to whom, which all takes up a lot of brain power and my time, which eventually becomes stress as I'm constantly looking over my shoulder instead of where I am going, and have to remind myself which lie I might have told to whom in case I mix up lies and get found out to be a liar, and in the process and all along, I would have ignorantly been stealing from myself because all the brain resource being used to maintain a lie could have been used to advance my own self and make myself a better human being, but I stupidly would have been stealing that brain resource from myself and wasted it on lying because I stole! How much more stupid than that could I possibly be! Why not just not steal nor lie and instead use all that resource to work for what I want? I'd sure delight in the rewards of expending the sweat of my brow, with my integrity intact to boot!

Na, its not some God that stops me doing bad. Its the brain that God put in my head and gave me the strenght to develop that makes me try very very hard to only do that which is good and to reap the profit in so doing.

Its like a person who sows corn reaps corn and a person who sows cocoa reaps cocoa, a person who sows the ungood reaps the ungood that they sow, and so buda sows good so buda reaps a peaceful mind.

Do note! buda is a work in progress.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
philfearon:

How did you know then that the God you are referring to is the source of your goodness?

Simple! When we were born into this world, what conduct and action did we meet and see was acceptable, world over, which if we comply with, we did
not get into troubles and problems?

Ans= The Doing of Good Things and Good Deed.

So Who made it so that world over, All men are compelled to openly do Good Deeds (while they sneak in hiding to do bad deeds hoping that they are not discovered)? Is there A Law Commanding and Compelling the Doing of Good Deeds?

And this is where the Bible Answers both Questions for
1) it Shows The Law of Laws Commanding the Doing of Good and

2) it disclosed The Who, Who Issued and gave forth such Law, Backing it up with World Wide Powerful Power and telling us He Who Did that, is called God!

It's as simple as that!
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by BassReeves: 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
philfearon:
It becomes easier to understand when you get to know that the word God/god, is a placement word for Influencer/influencer, either which means, that, which has power and capacity to have an effect on the character, development, behaviour, treatment etc of someone or something

philfearon:
This has got me wondering.
Is it that people are inherently bad or just looking for an excuse to show that part of them once "God" is not part of the equation anymore?
Ecclesiastes 9:3
'This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all:
yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil,
and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
'

We all act out according to our nature

philfearon:

https://uptownerd.com/2021/06/06/are-you-a-good-person-only-because-you-feel-like-god-is-watching-everything-we-do/
Genesis 1:26
Then God said,
"Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness .
They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth,
and the creatures that crawl on the earth.

Even thought it ought to go without saying it, but you just right there, hit the nail right bang on its head.

Man (i.e.human beings) was created in the image of the Godhood, so philfearon, in effect, human beings are a visible and physical representation of the impression of the Godhood.

Watch this philfearon, you see, the likeness, in Genesis 1:26 above, is continuum. Why is it continuum?
It is continuum because Man, out of the box, WAS NOT made perfect, like God is.

In fact, Man, was created and set on a journey to perfection. Man, is an innovation of the Godhood. Genesis 1:26, as regards to the God intent, tells everything, we need to know. God looked at everything. Looked at all His creation and saw that the stage is set, so therefore declared, very good.
He declared that we're good to go, we're ready for action. Let the action begin! Let's see Man faithfully reflect or give a true picture of the Godhood. Let see Man demonstrate goodness, be good just as God only is Good

Trust me, if you manage to locate, a good vantage point, you quite easily could see the whole matter this way
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by BassReeves: 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Second Answer, is A child behaves as his Father, so if your father is Good, the Child shall be Good but if thy father is Cain, such children must be evil

philfearon:
Psalm 34:8
'Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
'

Psalm 107:1
'Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!
'

Psalm 34:8
'They sang [responsively], praising and giving thanks to the LORD, saying,
For He is good, for His lovingkindness (mercy) toward Israel endures forever.”
And all the people shouted with a great shout when they praised the LORD
because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.
'

Exodus 34:6
'[i]And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed,
The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,[/I]'

Have you ever come across MS Excel creating a MS Word document?
James 1:16-17, says:
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of lights [the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens], in whom there is no variation [no rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [for He is perfect and never changes].
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by philfearon(m): 4:40am On Jun 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Simple! When we were born into this world, what conduct and action did we meet and see was acceptable, world over, which if we comply with, we did
not get into troubles and problems?

Ans= The Doing of Good Things and Good Deed.

So Who made it so that world over, All men are compelled to openly do Good Deeds (while they sneak in hiding to do bad deeds hoping that they are not discovered)? Is there A Law Commanding and Compelling the Doing of Good Deeds?

And this is where the Bible Answers both Questions for
1) it Shows The Law of Laws Commanding the Doing of Good and

2) it disclosed The Who, Who Issued and gave forth such Law, Backing it up with World Wide Powerful Power and telling us He Who Did that, is called God!

It's as simple as that!

But, no one is compelled to do good anywhere. People are expected to obey the law of the land for easy interactions with the rest of the society.

What is good in Country A may not be good for Country B. What is good for me may not be good for you.

That notwithstanding, how did you know that the God you are talking about is the Source of your goodness?
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by philfearon(m): 4:46am On Jun 14, 2021
budaatum:
I try to do good because I have found that doing good profits me more than doing the ungood.

Take insulting people on here. Whenever I insult anyone I feel like I am burning in hell. A voice in my head says, "buda, surely you could have responded a lot more intelligently than that". So I start to hate myself for not being intelligent, and then I hate how unintelligent I feel, so gradually, I am teaching myself not to insult anyone so that I never feel bad. Besides, it is so much more satisfying to turn the other cheek to those who insult me and who might supposedly deserve to be insulted back because, first, its just a cyber slap that neither hurts my body nor my soul; and second, like a real slapper, their cyber hand gets tired before they hit the seven times seventieth slap especially if I caress their cheek with my soft intellectual hands, and nothing is more satisfying and enjoyable than defeating hatred with love is what I have found.

If I do bad, like say I steal for instance, I would have to look over my shoulder to ensure I am not caught, and while looking over my shoulder I would not see where I am going and would likely walk into a pole or fall into a ditch, and how silly of me that would indeed be.

If I steal I would have to tell lies too, and then would I also have to keep track of the lies I've told to whom, which all takes up a lot of brain power and my time, which eventually becomes stress as I'm constantly looking over my shoulder instead of where I am going, and have to remind myself which lie I might have told to whom in case I mix up lies and get found out to be a liar, and in the process and all along, I would have ignorantly been stealing from myself because all the brain resource being used to maintain a lie could have been used to advance my own self and make myself a better human being, but I stupidly would have been stealing that brain resource from myself and wasted it on lying because I stole! How much more stupid than that could I possibly be! Why not just not steal nor lie and instead use all that resource to work for what I want? I'd sure delight in the rewards of expending the sweat of my brow, with my integrity intact to boot!

Na, its not some God that stops me doing bad. Its the brain that God put in my head and gave me the strenght to develop that makes me try very very hard to only do that which is good and to reap the profit in so doing.

Its like a person who sows corn reaps corn and a person who sows cocoa reaps cocoa, a person who sows the ungood reaps the ungood that they sow, and so buda sows good so buda reaps a peaceful mind.

Do note! buda is a work in progress.

This is a wonderful explanation bro. I like the fact that you could tabulate the "doing good" process and the struggles you surmount in doing them. It shows you are the one who is making the effort to be good while reminding yourself that you could easily fall back astray if you don't make an effort to keep yourself in check.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2021
philfearon:

But, no one is compelled to do good anywhere...

Oh they are compelled and you said their words Confessing Compulsion "if not because of God...", And you have heard it so many times in your life.

And also You Saw the ones who did not say anything and how they did not wish to do their duty of giving you your right of good, but it was as if Someone "forced" them. And on that day you confessed the Truth that you saw that so so so person did not want to answer you but as you people always say so that you do not See God's Hand and Work you wrongfully say "it was as if "Something" Forced her/him to give me or to Answer".

That "Something" you people always say is Someone, God Himself! But you people love not to see God and there is nothing I can do about that.

philfearon:

People are expected to obey the law of the land for easy interactions with the rest of the society.

And Whose Laws do you think they are obeying? If you say Constitution and All you will be wrong for all man made laws had a time and day they were made eg American Constitution is only 233 years old and it is one of the oldest laws you had in mind today, and People where already Obeying The Law before they manufactured their Fraud laws and constitution, So your point falls!

philfearon:

What is good in Country A may not be good for Country B. What is good for me may not be good for you.

Under God's Laws what is Good in Country A is Good Everywhere eg Stealing, murdering, cheating, lying, there is no country in the world which says any of these things are good and acceptable in their regional

philfearon:

That notwithstanding, how did you know that the God you are talking about is the Source of your goodness?

You asked this the first time and I have answered you and you just now responded by attempting to deny what you have Seen and Experienced (as is your right, nothing I can do about that) and tried to rely on the Lie that people do good because of man made laws, to which I have shown you that people where Obeying The True Law before they decided to make their own false laws.

So repeating your question has no validity and weight.
Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by budaatum: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2021
philfearon:

This is a wonderful explanation bro. I like the fact that you could tabulate the "doing good" process and the struggles you surmount in doing them. It shows you are the one who is making the effort to be good while reminding yourself that you could easily fall back astray if you don't make an effort to keep yourself in check.
O but for the Grace of God go I.

I'm glad you understood it.

Re: Are You A Good Person Only Because You Feel Like God Is Watching Everything? by budaatum: 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2023
philfearon:

(1) (Reply)

Join Next Level Prayers LIVE / How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? / Allah Refers To Himself Sometimes As A 3rd Person And In Plural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.