Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 (1627 Views)

Camry 2007 Electric Power Steering Beam/Rack(PIC) / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump / Conversion of manual window winder to electric/ power winder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by Bobxin: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hello, please help, I turned on my ignition this morning, the engine started and went off immediately with the ELECTRIC POWER STEERING CHECK showing on the multi-information display.
I tried severally still the same.
Kindly advice on what to do.
LEXUS RX 350 (2013)
Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by larrixauto2017(m): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2021
Bobxin:
Hello, please help, I turned on my ignition this morning, the engine started and went off immediately with the ELECTRIC POWER STEERING CHECK showing on the multi-information display.
I tried severally still the same.
Kindly advice on what to do.
LEXUS RX 350 (2013)
. Have You Run A Scan On Your Vehicle...If Not Kindly Do That. And Also hope you car battery is not down

1 Like

Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by Bobxin: 7:28am On Jun 08, 2021
larrixauto2017:
. Have You Run A Scan On Your Vehicle...If Not Kindly Do That. And Also hope you car battery is not down

The car can start, so could it still be the battery? I will do the scan now. Thanks.
Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by larrixauto2017(m): 8:33am On Jun 08, 2021
Bobxin:

The car can start, so could it still be the battery? I will do the scan now. Thanks.
.... Is this your first time experiencing such.?

Did you notice that while driving.?

Once it is scan pls share the scan results... But.. the technician that will do the Scanning should also be able too provide solution sir

1 Like

Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by Bobxin: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2021
larrixauto2017:

Once it is scan pls share the scan results... But.. the technician that will do the Scanning should also be able too provide solution sir
. I

Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by Bobxin: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2021
larrixauto2017:

I experience noise during sudden breaking.
And an unusual noise while turning steering wheel, I experienced these two weeks ago.
Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by Bobxin: 9:07am On Jun 08, 2021
Bobxin:

I experience noise during sudden breaking.
And an unusual noise while turning steering wheel, I experienced these two weeks ago.

I scanned it myself.

Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by larrixauto2017(m): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2021
Okay all Grab

On the electronic power steering Trouble Code

I saw two codes . 1. low or high battery supply voltage.

C1241 typically indicates low positive battery voltage. This is your 12v starter battery (not the hybrid battery). So there can be a couple of things that could be going on. And in order of probability they are:

1. Dead battery. Because it's old, or because you ran it down playing the radio, left the lights on, etc. Buy a new one.
2. Dead alternator. It broke and wasn't charging the battery any more. Replace it. You might also have to replace the battery afterwards if it was run too far down.
3. Parasitic drain. Something in the car isn't shutting off and there's a constant low-level draw on the battery. Find what's doing this and correct it, and perhaps replace the battery afterwards.

If you don't have any car repair experience, take it to a mechanic.

2. Vehicle driving without steering angle sensor not initialize .

Steering angle sensor zero point is not obtained when the vehicle is driven without a record of steering angle sensor zero point calibration at a speed of 36 km/h (22 mph) or more for 30 seconds or more without the brake pedal being depressed
Cause:
Steering angle sensor
Yaw rate and deceleration sensor
VSC actuator assembly (Skid control ECU)
Failure Type:
Signal Has Too Many Transitions / Events
This sub type is used for failures where the control module monitors a parameter over time within specified limits and detects more than the expected number of transitions.

Okay Sir. Yea.. It Might Be The Steering angle sensor is out of calibration. Which may just need too be calibrated with a computer (a professional one).. or might something more....

But it will need a proper inspection. Physical inspection sir...

Too conclude on what exactly the problem is. As you can see am not a wizard that will give you the direct issue without seeing the car sir.... If you are in Lagos.. you can bring the car down too workshop.. or if you are not .. sir.. kindly check for a professional that knows what he is doing and has the tool too do the job sir.. if not Again.. kindly check for a mechanic that has a professional scan tool.. then beep me up.. I will give him guidelines on how too fix it..

Thanks

Am Shegzz

3 Likes

Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by Bobxin: 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
larrixauto2017:
Okay all Grab

C1241 typically indicates low positive battery voltage. This is your 12v starter battery (not the hybrid battery). So there can be a couple of things that could be going on. And in order of probability they are:

1. Dead battery. Because it's old, or because you ran it down playing the radio, left the lights on, etc. Buy a new one.
2. Dead alternator. It broke and wasn't charging the battery any more. Replace it. You might also have to replace the battery afterwards if it was run too far down.
3. Parasitic drain. Something in the car isn't shutting off and there's a constant low-level draw on the battery. Find what's doing this and correct it, and perhaps replace the battery afterwards.

Steering angle sensor zero point is not obtained when the vehicle is driven without a record of steering angle sensor zero point calibration at a speed of 36 km/h (22 mph) or more for 30 seconds or more without the brake pedal being depressed
Cause:
Steering angle sensor
Failure Type:
This sub type is used for failures where the control module monitors a parameter over time within specified limits and detects more than the expected number of transitions.

Okay Sir. Yea.. It Might Be The Steering angle sensor is out of calibration. Which may just need too be calibrated with a computer (a professional one).. or might something more....

Too conclude on what exactly the problem is. As you can see am not a wizard that will give you the direct issue without seeing the car sir.... If you are in Lagos.. you can bring the car down too workshop.. or if you are not .. sir.. kindly check for a professional that knows what he is doing and has the tool too do the job sir.. if not Again.. kindly check for a mechanic that has a professional scan tool.. then beep me up.. I will give him guidelines on how too fix it..

Thanks

Am Shegzz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013 by Bobxin: 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
larrixauto2017:
Okay all Grab

Cause:
Steering angle sensor
Failure Type:

Thanks

Am Shegzz

(1) (Reply)

Toyota, Honda Most Stolen Cars In 2012. / . / Rolls Royce Motors Lands In Coscharis Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.