Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,003 members, 7,852,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:46 PM

The New Bank Scam Telling You Your ATM Has Been Blocked - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The New Bank Scam Telling You Your ATM Has Been Blocked (366 Views)

Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety / FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam / Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Bank Scam Telling You Your ATM Has Been Blocked by HEAVEN4444: 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
So I got this message in my messages. find the image attached. it said my ATM was blocked because of BVN upgrade that I needed to do. I was alarmed but yet something inside me told me to proceed with caution. So I called the guy and said HELLO, hoping he will answer me with an official company name but he didnt so i knew for sure it was a scam, but i decided to play along. He said are you calling because you got a message that my card has been blocked. I said YES i am. He said do you have the card with you, I said NO then he said call back when you have the card and he hung up. So i got my card and called him back and he asked if i have the card now, i said yes. he said give me the number. so ii gave him the first 4 numbers correctly and the next 4 i changed it to something else and so i think whatever he was punching the numbers into told him it was a wrong card number so he didnt let me finish with the rest of the number calling and he asked me WHEN LAST DID YOU USE THIS CARD, i said LAST WEEK, he said how much do you have in the account, i said 10 MILLION NAIRA, he said what do you do for a living. I said nothing, i am retired I just sleep eat and watch TV. Then he got very angry and said you are a fulani herdsman you bastard, you are a yahoo boy, a 419, a corrupt politician you bastard, then he hung up. but i wanted to continue the fun so i kept calling him back but i think he has blocked my number because i cant get through. anyway so i have this thing called TRUECALLER which identifies people that call you and his name came up as FRAUDSTER. please find the picture attached

And so if mods can help notify people that this is the new format

Re: The New Bank Scam Telling You Your ATM Has Been Blocked by Ammishaddai: 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
I too received a call from a number tagged as "Scammer and Fraudster". I did not bother answering rather I blocked it sharp sharp because only God knows the ways and methods they use in upgrading their schemes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Bank Scam Telling You Your ATM Has Been Blocked by falcon01: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
So I got this message in my messages. find the image attached. it said my ATM was blocked because of BVN upgrade that I needed to do. I was alarmed but yet something inside me told me to proceed with caution. So I called the guy and said HELLO, hoping he will answer me with an official company name but he didnt so i knew for sure it was a scam, but i decided to play along. He said are you calling because you got a message that my card has been blocked. I said YES i am. He said do you have the card with you, I said NO then he said call back when you have the card and he hung up. So i got my card and called him back and he asked if i have the card now, i said yes. he said give me the number. so ii gave him the first 4 numbers correctly and the next 4 i changed it to something else and so i think whatever he was punching the numbers into told him it was a wrong card number so he didnt let me finish with the rest of the number calling and he asked me WHEN LAST DID YOU USE THIS CARD, i said LAST WEEK, he said how much do you have in the account, i said 10 MILLION NAIRA, he said what do you do for a living. I said nothing, i am retired I just sleep eat and watch TV. Then he got very angry and said you are a fulani herdsman you bastard, you are a yahoo boy, a 419, a corrupt politician you bastard, then he hung up. but i wanted to continue the fun so i kept calling him back but i think he has blocked my number because i cant get through. anyway so i have this thing called TRUECALLER which identifies people that call you and his name came up as FRAUDSTER. please find the picture attached

And so if mods can help notify people that this is the new format

you've been living under a Rock, this hsit has been format is old
Re: The New Bank Scam Telling You Your ATM Has Been Blocked by Kamdil: 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nothing makes it new,it has been an old trick ,only dummies still fall for this cheap and outdated logic
Re: The New Bank Scam Telling You Your ATM Has Been Blocked by DICKstractor: 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
undecided

Old format wey Don cast since time imo river
It's only new to the gullible who don't know much about bank works

(1) (Reply)

Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi / Greedy Dealers Remould Worn-out Tyres & Endanger Lives Of Unsuspecting Motorists / Nigerians Threatening My Life For Defending Baba Ijesha – SAN Lead Counsel, Alle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.