Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Corrolla Headlight Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corrolla Headlight Issues (1646 Views)

New Trailer Shows James Bond Using Headlight-popping Machine Gun On The Aston / See The 2020 Toyota Corrolla (Photos) / The Dangers Of Driving With One Headlight At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 12:59am On Jun 09, 2021
Hello guys, corrolla users & auto experts in the house. i have a 2012 corrolla, simple good commute car but a nightmare to drive at night due to poor headlights.

Once i get on the main road, even the street lights make my headlight invisible or insignificant. I mostly follow the cars in front & go at their pace. Bikes, tricycles (keke) blind me, talk more of other vehicles on the road.

An electrician recommended "belgium" bulbs which i paid & changed the original bulbs which came with the car. Yet no improvement.

I was told it was the settings/tuning of the lights afterwards. The lights were tuned/set but i felt small improvement.

Another electrician recommended halogen bulbs, this did not improve things & the 3rd electricians said the present bulbs are not halogen but fluorescent bulb.

This bulb looked impressive with cooling fan & yet no improvement.

Please i need recommendation on the right kind of bulb to buy & even the advisable watt to use.

Please useful advise & shared experience on this matter is highly needed. God bless you as you help. Thank you.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by modsfucker: 4:29am On Jun 09, 2021
I think it's either your headlights are dirty or you have night blindness. If the former is the case, you can get the headlamps cleaned and turned to new, but as for the latter, there's no fixing that.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by teeste: 5:25am On Jun 09, 2021
Bro, you never sabi night driving. There is a way you view the road from lower part of the windshield @ night.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2021
Hello, anyone? Please advice please.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2021
modsfucker:
I think it's either your headlights are dirty or you have night blindness. If the former is the case, you can get the headlamps cleaned and turned to new, but as for the latter, there's no fixing that.

None of the above applies sir, i don't experience this on my Rav 4, infact i van tune my light settings comfortably on the dash console.

The headlight is not dirty either, like i said, it was newly imported, if it were dirty the electricians would have since pointed it out if i failed to notice.

The issue is the appropriate bulb type to use. I am tired of the wack recommendations of these electricians, it looks like they want me coming back regularly. Please recommend good bulb type for corolla 2012. Thank you.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 10:23am On Jun 09, 2021
teeste:
Bro, you never sabi night driving. There is a way you view the road from lower part of the windshield @ night.

Thank you expert night driver.

2 Likes

Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by AstroG: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2021
Goan buy Belgium LED bulbs,but e cost oooh

Bought mine for 12k each,that's 48k for the four.

Its Benz 2015 E350 LED bulb sha
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by AstroG: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2021
obidaddy:

Thank you expert night driver.

The guy is somehow right sha,cause u won't see if an approaching car focuses his light on you
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by MajesticKris: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
Learner... We dey dey drive without light times case of rubbery.....
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
AstroG:
Goan buy Belgium LED bulbs,but e cost oooh

Bought mine for 12k each,that's 48k for the four.

Its Benz 2015 E350 LED bulb sha

Thanks for your input sir, i will keep that in mind.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by modsfucker: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
obidaddy:

None of the above applies sir, i don't experience this on my Rav 4, infact i van tune my light settings comfortably on the dash console.

The headlight is not dirty either, like i said, it was newly imported, if it were dirty the electricians would have since pointed it out if i failed to notice.

The issue is the appropriate bulb type to use. I am tired of the wack recommendations of these electricians, it looks like they want me coming back regularly. Please recommend good bulb type for corolla 2012. Thank you.

Well, I use 2013 corolla, and the only bulb types I know are Belgium and new ones, and new ones appear to last long, hence I opt for them. The last thing I can think of as the source of your problem is the setting of the bulb. Check whether the bulbs are pointing straight, if not, you have to reset them. And lastly, if your car doesn't come with fog lamp, you can remove those plastics and put the fog lamps.

1 Like

Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
modsfucker:

Well, I use 2013 corolla, and the only bulb types I know are Belgium and new ones, and new ones appear to last long, hence I opt for them. The last thing I can think of as the source of your problem is the setting of the bulb. Check whether the bulbs are pointing straight, if not, you have to reset them. And lastly, if your car doesn't come with fog lamp, you can remove those plastics and put the fog lamps.

My fog lights work. I just need recommendations on bulb type to purchase & install.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by modsfucker: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
obidaddy:

My fog lights work. I just need recommendations on bulb type to purchase & install.

In that case I'll just tell you to go buy Belgium bulbs for corolla
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by checkmatez: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
A very rare issue never been heard before...op please snap the car headlamp when switch on at night

3 Likes

Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
modsfucker:

In that case I'll just tell you to go buy Belgium bulbs for corolla

Bought & used belgium bulbs. Now using florescent bulbs (white) all without much improvement. Was advised to look for a good electrician to tune/set the lights properly. Still open to further advise or sharing of experience by other car owners. Thank you all for your inputs so far.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by PAQ(m): 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
Maybe the headlights are offset, most times we overlook this simple fix. No matter how bright our bulbs are, if they are not set properly we will not get desired results.

Go to this link, it will help you clear that out ; https://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Car-Headlights?amp=1

Your headlights use 9005 halogen or 9005LED highbeam 9006 or 9006LED low lowbeam. Buy original philips bulbs.

I drove a similar ride to yours with similar complaints, i changed the bulbs did the settings, it improved but my wind shield had serious issue of hard water stains which made it painful to drive at night regardless of improved brightness.

Your Issue may be one of the 3 issues or all of the 3 i stated above. Mine was all 3. I was never able to get the hard water stains out of the windscreen until i sold the car.

1 Like

Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 11:41am On Jun 14, 2021
PAQ:
Maybe the headlights are offset, most times we overlook this simple fix. No matter how bright our bulbs are, if they are not set properly we will not get desired results.

Go to this link, it will help you clear that out ; https://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Car-Headlights?amp=1

Your headlights use 9005 halogen or 9005LED highbeam 9006 or 9006LED low lowbeam. Buy original philips bulbs.

I drove a similar ride to yours with similar complaints, i changed the bulbs did the settings, it improved but my wind shield had serious issue of hard water stains which made it painful to drive at night regardless of improved brightness.

Your Issue may be one of the 3 issues or all of the 3 i stated above. Mine was all 3. I was never able to get the hard water stains out of the windscreen until i sold the car.

Thank you very much sir. You made valuable contributions based on experience. I am grateful sir.

1 Like

Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by JAYUK(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
The last guy made a good input, my 2006 Camry had same issue,after changing bulbs and headlamps, it was the windscreen that was the culprit,mere looking at it you will argue it was ok, I had it changed and could see quite a distance at night.
Re: Corrolla Headlight Issues by obidaddy: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
JAYUK:
The last guy made a good input, my 2006 Camry had same issue,after changing bulbs and headlamps, it was the windscreen that was the culprit,mere looking at it you will argue it was ok, I had it changed and could see quite a distance at night.

Wow. Thank you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Seinna 800k Asking Buyer Settles 50k 08163157823 Ph / Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal / Mobile Mechanic In Lekki 09091202420

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.