Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,434 members, 7,864,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. (736 Views)

Churches & Mosques To Resume Services In Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Isues Guidelines / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos / FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Vivien458(f): 7:47am On Jun 10, 2021
What type of nonsense is this, always making noise on people head. In the night you can't sleep, night Virgil and drums disturbing and causing public nuisance. Friday's mosque will be shouting Allah and be disturbing everyone. What kind of noise pollution is this. The house of rep should pass a bill to stop this nonsense noise pollution from churches. Churches should not be built in residential areas including stupid Mosques.

4 Likes

Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Generalnomercy: 8:07am On Jun 10, 2021
Vivien458:
What type of nonsense is this, always making noise on people head. In the night you can't sleep, night Virgil and drums disturbing and causing public nuisance. Friday's mosque will be shouting Allah and be disturbing everyone. What kind of noise pollution is this. The house of rep should pass a bill to stop this nonsense noise pollution from churches. Churches should not be built in residential areas including stupid Mosques.

Perhaps you don't know that Muslims now worship on Sundays, and even have night vigils in Nigeria.

Rephrase that your topic caption.
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by LordReed(m): 8:09am On Jun 10, 2021
Vivien458:

Hmmm, I can agree with restricting places of worship from being built in residential areas and/or with imposing decibel limits but requiring sound proofing I think is overkill. Moving places of worship away from residential areas if sufficient to reduce the noise nuisance.
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Vivien458(f): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2021
Generalnomercy:

Perhaps you don't know that Muslims now worship on Sundays, and even have night vigils in Nigeria.

Rephrase that your topic caption.
I look be in the east, and they don't try that nonsense here. It happens in the north not here. The only people that try that nonsense are the Christians, disturbing us at night. Especially when you have a long day at work
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Vivien458(f): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2021
LordReed:

Hmmm, I can agree with restricting places of worship from being built in residential areas and/or with imposing decibel limits but requiring sound proofing I think is overkill. Moving places of worship away from residential areas if sufficient to reduce the noise nuisance.
exactly. They should move them. These things are getting too serious.
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vivien458:
It is up to the people who live in such communities to fight for their neighborhood. Ban, Ban, Ban is never a good diet for Healthy community living! undecided

1 Like

Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by ReacherSaidNoth: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
Agreed.

I recently had to confront a neighbor at about 2am, because of his habit of disturbing the peace at night with his entire family. It's like a battlefield with shouting and stamping and all the vibrations that come with it. Such ridiculous insensitivity all in the name of fighting imaginary enemies.

Thankfully it has greatly reduced, but I won't celebrate until Friday night, hopefully the madness doesn't start again.

1 Like

Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
Agreed.

I recently had to confront a neighbor at about 2am, because of his habit of disturbing the peace at night with his entire family. It's like a battlefield with shouting and stamping and all the vibrations that come with it. Such ridiculous insensitivity all in the name of fighting imaginary enemies.

Thankfully it has greatly reduced, but I won't celebrate until Friday night, hopefully the madness doesn't start again.
Did you try to use the Bible in correcting your neighbor? Maybe next time tell your neighbor what Jesus Christ commands as far as prayer is concerned - Matthew 6 vs 5-8. Many of these beings believe that by shouting, disturbing the neighbors, they improve the chances of God acknowledging their cry, but that is far from the Truth of God as declared by Jesus Christ in that Bible passage. There, Jesus Christ states that God only responds when we pray in in secret and in silence. undecided

Top it all off by including the message in John 14 vs 15, Jesus Christ declared that those who love Him are those who listen to and obey His commandments, not those who do as they please. undecided

In case the neighbor ignores the message, pass it on to all others in the neighborhood so they are at least aware that your noisy neighbor is just another Bible hypocrite. grin
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by ReacherSaidNoth: 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did you try to use the Bible in correcting your neighbor? Maybe next time tell your neighbor what Jesus Christ commands as far as prayer is concerned - Matthew 6 vs 5-8. Many of these beings believe that by shouting, disturbing the neighbors, they improve the chances of God acknowledging their cry, but that is far from the Truth of God as declared by Jesus Christ in that Bible passage. There, Jesus Christ states that God only responds when we pray in in secret and in silence. undecided

Top it all off by including the message in John 14 vs 15, Jesus Christ declared that those who love Him are those who listen to and obey His commandments, not those who do as they please. undecided

In case the neighbor ignores the message, pass it on to all others in the neighborhood so they are at least aware that your noisy neighbor is just another Bible hypocrite. grin
Nigerian Christians are a special breed, they will most likely label you an enemy who is being affected by their shouting.

1 Like

Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
Nigerian Christians are a special breed, they will most likely label you an enemy who is being affected by their shouting.
The more reason why you should use the Bible against him and also to let others know that the man himself does not practice what the bible says. That way it is clear that he is an offender of the peace, and not a victim. undecided
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by ReacherSaidNoth: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The more reason why you should use the Bible against him and also to let others know that the man himself does not practice what the bible says. That way it is clear that he is an offender of the peace, and not a victim. undecided
I am not really interested in teaching a Christian his own religion, I am not a Christian. People should have common sense and ensure their activities do not affect others negatively.

1 Like

Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
I am not really interested in teaching a Christian his own religion, I am not a Christian. People should have common sense and ensure their activities do not affect others negatively.
Just trying to help you with your noise problem is all. undecided
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Vivien458(f): 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
Agreed.

in a sane country, police would have given him a good warning

1 Like

Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vivien458:
in a sane country, police would have given him a good warning
That typically happens when the neighbors complain to the police or when they get together to tackle the menace as they ought. No be magic! undecided
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
Who will they go to when they need religious title chiefs to help them compel voters?

Guy the Nigerian Politicians solely depend on their religious counterparts to continue ruling so it's only when atheists and agnostics openly declare their numbers that politicians will give them a hearing. Until then the religionsts will continue to have their way! smiley

Vivien458:

Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Vivien458(f): 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That typically happens when the neighbors complain to the police or when they get together to tackle the menace as they ought. No be magic! undecided
so it happens in Nigeria?
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vivien458:
so it happens in Nigeria?
I meant that is how it happens in sane climes. In Nigeria, I think it is safe to say, "all man for himself" is the tune of each day! undecided
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by Casemiro(m): 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
Vivien458:

residential areas are for relaxing.

But naija don't have proper town planning.

Person will just carry church and plant it at your window!

The disturbance is too much!
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by compton11(m): 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
What about night club and party?

And that your post showed how religious bigot u are,when u write about mosque you stupid idiot included insult statement to it
Re: Churches /Mosques Without Sound Proof Should Be Banned. by AshleyJohnson13: 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
I don't understand why there are such people who are against religions? You have to believe in something... It would be better to talk about something more useful. If you don't know what to talk about, then it's better to talk about how useful applications like decibel meter app are. Here I can't find any use for them at all.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Matter / Prophet Racine Introduces The Book Tb Joshua The Servant Of God: Photonews / Pastor Caught Red-handed Sleeping With Married Woman On Church Altar (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.