Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,047 members, 7,863,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

Men Of Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men Of Faith (552 Views)

2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God / Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

God does not tell us what He is doing when taking us through dark experiences. If He did, it would be all right. If He said, "I am going to lead you into a bad time, it is all going to be dark and strange and perplexing and bewildering and helpless, but it is all right, I am working a tremendous thing, this is what I am going to bring out of it," if He said that, the faith element would fade out. If only He would tell us He is doing something, and what He is doing, instead of leaving us in the dark and seeming to be so far away and without any interest in us! If only! Ah yes, but He did not do that, and we know He does not do that, He does not explain. But here is the challenge.

This is what is meant by Hebrews 11 and the men of faith, that is what it means. And thank God we have the heritage, we have a great heritage, we have more than they had. These men did not have a Bible, it was not written when they were going through it. We have their story and so many more. We see the issue, we have the sequel, but is it really helping us? When you are having a bad, dark time and feel that all has gone wrong, read the story of Joseph again... starting on it you will not want to put it down. Take its great lessons. The God of Joseph is our God and He is doing the same thing, and we know that that is true to life. What I have been saying is so true to life. We have that evidence. That, at any rate, is very much like my experience, and therefore I have reason to think and believe that the same thing is involved. The God of resurrection is working this to glory.
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 8:45am On Jun 13, 2021
Praise God
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
ichuka:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

This is what is meant by Hebrews 11 and the men of faith, that is what it means. And thank God we have the heritage, we have a great heritage, we have more than they had. These men did not have a Bible, it was not written when they were going through it. We have their story and so many more. We see the issue, we have the sequel, but is it really helping us? When you are having a bad, dark time and feel that all has gone wrong, read the story of Joseph again... starting on it you will not want to put it down. Take its great lessons. The God of Joseph is our God and He is doing the same thing, and we know that that is true to life. What I have been saying is so true to life. We have that evidence. That, at any rate, is very much like my experience, and therefore I have reason to think and believe that the same thing is involved. The God of resurrection is working this to glory.
First, contrary to what many may like to believe, Hebrews 11 vs 1 does not contain a definition of the word faith . Rather what the writer does in the context is attempts a figurative comparison of faith with the evidence/substance, the promises of God, that come as a result of ir. Faith itself is not defined in the context of that passage. For this reason, the word faith, in the context, is used in reference to efforts made by such a person as Abraham while pointing out the evidence/benefits that resulted from such effort. undecided

God Himself explained what the word faith means in Genesis 26 vs 5 when He pointed out that the reason why He made a promise to Abraham had to do with the fact that Abraham lived his life in submission and obedience of His, God's, teachings and commandments - Faith. God gave that as the one and the only reason why He made Abraham His friend. This offer we observe Jesus Christ makes with all those of His followers who will do as He says - John 15 vs 9 -14 — those who will submit to and obey His teachings and commandments in the Kingdom of God. So, there you have it. Faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and teachings, and in our case, in Jesus Christ. This definition is observed as being used in the Old Testament as well as in the New Covenant by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
First, contrary to what many may like to believe, Hebrews 11 vs 1 does not contain a definition of the word faith . Rather what the writer does in the context is attempts a figurative comparison of faith with the evidence/substance, the promises of God, that come as a result of ir. Faith itself is not defined in the context of that passage. For this reason, the word faith, in the context, is used in reference to efforts made by such a person as Abraham while pointing out the evidence/benefits that resulted from such effort. undecided

God Himself explained what the word faith means in Genesis 26 vs 5 when He pointed out that the reason why He made a promise to Abraham had to do with the fact that Abraham lived his life in submission and obedience of His, God's, teachings and commandments - Faith. God gave that as the one and the only reason why He made Abraham His friend. This offer we observe Jesus Christ makes with all those of His followers who will do as He says - John 15 vs 9 -14 — those who will submit to and obey His teachings and commandments in the Kingdom of God. So, there you have it. Faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and teachings, and in our case, in Jesus Christ. This definition is observed as being used in the Old Testament as well as in the New Covenant by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
Dude are you a Christian
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2023
ichuka:
■Dude are you a Christian
1. Nope, I am instead a follower of Jesus Christ. I obey Jesus Christ, God's Law, and the Constitution in God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God, and none else. undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Nope, I am instead a follower of Jesus Christ. I obey Jesus Christ, God's Law, and the Constitution in God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God, and none else. undecided
Dude true Christians are followers of Christ.
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
ichuka:

Dude true Christians are followers of Christ.
Jesus Christ never gave Religion to men. He warned against the following of the doctrines and traditions of men, lied which nullify the power of God in the lives of those who subscribe to them. The religion of Christianity is built on a foundation of exactly that, lies that render the worship of those who belong to it meaningless. There are no true Christians who are of the religion of Christianity. Jesus Christ Himself said this as no true follow of His would follow lies. undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 7:13am On Mar 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never gave Religion to men. He warned against the following of the doctrines and traditions of men, lied which nullify the power of God in the lives of those who subscribe to them. The religion of Christianity is built on a foundation of exactly that, lies that render the worship of those who belong to it meaningless. There are no true Christians who are of the religion of Christianity. Jesus Christ Himself said this as no true follow of His would follow lies. undecided
Dude you are getting it all wrong.
Jesus and christians are Christianity is christ.you can't separate the Head from the body.
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 8:51am On Mar 21, 2023
ichuka:

Dude you are getting it all wrong.
Jesus and christians are Christianity is christ.you can't separate the Head from the body.
■ Jesus Christ never asked any man to set up or build your churches.
■ Jesus Christ never called your pastors and mogs who sit as shepherds over you. Even many of your pastors and mogs like to pretend they were instead called by YHWH like the Elijah's of Old, ignorant of the fact that God put a seal on visions and prophets of Old Law with John the Baptist as the last of that kind that was sent by YHWH.
■ Jesus Christ never endorsed the teaching of the doctrines and traditions of men(lies) using His name
■ Jesus Christ never gave any man permission to raise funds or collect money from His sheep using His name
How can Jesus Christ be the head over a body that has nothing to do with Him? Christianity and its uncle Judaism are both religions and God never gave religion to men. undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ Jesus Christ never asked any man to set up or build your churches.
■ Jesus Christ never called your pastors and mogs who sit as shepherds over you. Even many of your pastors and mogs like to pretend they were instead called by YHWH like the Elijah's of Old, ignorant of the fact that God put a seal on visions and prophets of Old Law with John the Baptist as the last of that kind that was sent by YHWH.
■ Jesus Christ never endorsed the teaching of the doctrines and traditions of men(lies) using His name
■ Jesus Christ never gave any man permission to raise funds or collect money from His sheep using His name
How can Jesus Christ be the head over a body that has nothing to do with Him? Christianity and its uncle Judaism are both religions and God never gave religion to men. undecided
Dude am not taking about structures? Jesus is the Head of the church.and we christians are He's body.Coll1:118.
Dude a man can't separate he's head from his body.
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
ichuka:
■ Dude am not taking about structures? Jesus is the Head of the church.and we christians are He's body.Coll1:118.
■ Dude a man can't separate he's head from his body.
1. The Church of Jesus Christ, the Vine — John 15 vs 1 - 11—, is in no way associated with the churches of this world which have their very foundation instead in the religion called Christianity, a religion that is structured from its' very beginnings on the doctrines and traditions of men, which Jesus Christ warned His disciples not to associate themselves in any way or form with - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

2. Membership in the Vine that is Jesus Christ(the one and only Head in the Kingdom of God), — for a branch— only requires that one abide — exist in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and Law — in Jesus Christ, the one who is the National Constitution in God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God. There is no other body one is to belong to. undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 9:10am On Mar 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The Church of Jesus Christ, the Vine — John 15 vs 1 - 11—, is in no way associated with the churches of this world which have their very foundation instead in the religion called Christianity, a religion that is structured from its' very beginnings on the doctrines and traditions of men, which Jesus Christ warned His disciples not to associate themselves in any way or form with - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

2. Membership in the Vine that is Jesus Christ(the one and only Head in the Kingdom of God), — for a branch— only requires that one abide — exist in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and Law — in Jesus Christ, the one who is the National Constitution in God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God. There is no other body one is to belong to. undecided
What's the church?
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
ichuka:
■ What's the church?
1. The Vine Jesus Christ described in John 15 vs 1 - 11 on which each individual branch - those born-again- grows out from. No branch grows from another brain as every branch feeds from the Life(and possibly the Truth) sourced directly from the Vine. undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The Vine Jesus Christ described in John 15 vs 1 - 11 on which each individual branch - those born-again- grows out from. No branch grows from another brain as every branch feeds from the Life(and possibly the Truth) sourced directly from the Vine. undecided
Dude if you haven't accept Christ as your Lord and Savior,there's nothing I say that will convince you.
It's a spiritual thing.
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
ichuka:
■Dude if you haven't accept Christ as your Lord and Savior,there's nothing I say that will convince you.
It's a spiritual thing.
1. What do you mean by spiritual? Expand to reveal that you know what you are talking about. undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What do you mean by spiritual? Expand to reveal that you know what you are talking about. undecided
John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
The bible is a spiritual book and can only be discern/understood through man's quicken spirit.and for your spirit to be quicken, you have to accept Christ as your Lord and Savior.
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
ichuka:

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
■ The bible is a spiritual book and can only be discern/understood through man's quicken spirit.and for your spirit to be quicken, you have to accept Christ as your Lord and Savior.
1. I am sorry, what you just typed amounts to gibberish as nowhere in that book is it in fact written or declared that the book itself is spiritual. So, let's get that out of the way first, so we can focus on what is in fact stated. undecided

I asked you, What do you mean by spiritual? Expand to reveal that you know what you are talking about.
60 When Jesus’ followers heard this, many of them said, “This teaching is hard. Who can accept it?”
61 Jesus already knew that his followers were complaining about this. So he said, [b]“Is this teaching a problem for you?[/b]
62 Then what will you think when you see the Son of Man going up to where he came from?
63 It is the Spirit that gives life. The body is of no value for that. But the things I have told you are from the Spirit, so they give life.
64 But some of you don’t believe.” (Jesus knew the people who did not believe. He knew this from the beginning. And he knew the one who would hand him over to his enemies.)
65 Jesus said, “That is why I said, ‘Anyone the Father does not help to come to me cannot come.’”
66 [/b]After Jesus said these things, many of his followers left and stopped following him.
[b]67
Jesus asked the twelve apostles, “Do you want to leave too?”
68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, where would we go? You have the words that give eternal life.
69 We believe in you. We know that you are the Holy One from God.”
70 Then Jesus answered, “I chose all twelve of you. But one of you is a devil.”
71 He was talking about Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. Judas was one of the twelve apostles, but later he would hand Jesus over to his enemies. - John 6 vs 61 - 71
Also, you quoted from John 6 vs 63, kindly explain why you felt to include that verse considering the message is clear that Jesus Christ was referring there to the Spirit of Eternal Life — not the Spirit of Truth- John 14 vs 15 - 20 - mind you. So what place has the Spirit of Eternal Life in this here conversation? undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 12:15am On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am sorry, what you just typed amounts to gibberish as nowhere in that book is it in fact written or declared that the book itself is spiritual. So, let's get that out of the way first, so we can focus on what is in fact stated. undecided

I asked you, What do you mean by spiritual? Expand to reveal that you know what you are talking about.
Also, you quoted from John 6 vs 63, kindly explain why you felt to include that verse considering the message is clear that Jesus Christ was referring there to the Spirit of Eternal Life — not the Spirit of Truth- John 14 vs 15 - 20 - mind you. So what place has the Spirit of Eternal Life in this here conversation? undecided
That which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). We should put John 4:24, 6:63, and 3:6 together: “God is Spirit,” “The words which I have spoken…are spirit,” and “That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” The words in the Bible are spirit. The life which a man receives at the time of regeneration is spirit, and it takes a man with a spirit to read the words of spirit. Only then will the Bible shine within him, and only then will it become useful to him. No matter how clever and well educated a man is, as long as he is not regenerated, this bible is a mystery to him. A regenerated person may not be that cultivated, but he is more qualified to read the Bible than an unregenerated college professor. The former has a regenerated spirit, while the latter does not have such a spirit. The Bible is not understood by talent, research, or intelligence. Since God’s word is spirit, only a man with a regenerated spirit can understand it. The root, the very nature, of the Bible is spiritual. If a man does not have a regenerated spirit, he cannot understand this book; it will be a closed book to him.
Re: Men Of Faith by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Mar 26, 2023
ichuka:
■ That which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). We should put John 4:24, 6:63, and 3:6 together: “God is Spirit,” “The words which I have spoken…are spirit,” and “That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” The words in the Bible are spirit.
The life which a man receives at the time of regeneration is spirit, and it takes a man with a spirit to read the words of spirit. Only then will the Bible shine within him, and only then will it become useful to him. No matter how clever and well educated a man is, as long as he is not regenerated, this bible is a mystery to him.
■ A regenerated person may not be that cultivated, but he is more qualified to read the Bible than an unregenerated college professor. The former has a regenerated spirit, while the latter does not have such a spirit. The Bible is not understood by talent, research, or intelligence. Since God’s word is spirit, only a man with a regenerated spirit can understand it. The root, the very nature, of the Bible is spiritual. If a man does not have a regenerated spirit, he cannot understand this book; it will be a closed book to him.
1. God said the Words which He has spoken, the very Words out of God's own mouth—not your bible— is spirit. So, again, your bible is not Spirit, and your bible is not born of Spirit. Your bible is instead a compendium of the thoughts of various men— some of them evil —, Satan, and his demons, and the Word of God. There is nothing "spirit" about the book itself. It is the Words out of God's mouth that are instead spirit .i.e. Spirit of Truth since God's Word is Truth. So, why do you keep wanting to add to that which is in fact written? Why? undecided

2. These claims are not written in scripture at all. Think about the claims you make carefully in order you stretch your mind for yourself. If only those who are regenerated are able to understand God's Word, according to you, then why did God bother to call to Himself unregenerated sinners when He could have sent Jesus Christ to instead call the already righteous, those who were at least more knowledgable in the ways of God to Himself? undecided

3. By regenerated, my guess is that you mean one who is born-again, right? Another problem with these claims you continue to make is this. Jesus Christ said that in order to gain an understanding of the Kingdom of God, one would first need to use the understanding that he already has- Matthew 25 vs 29 & Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 25. What that means is that the non-born-again has first to use the unregenerated understanding he has in order to be given more understanding by Jesus Christ about the Kingdom of God in order to lead Him to become born-again aka regenerated. So, when an unregenerated soul approaches to learn of the Kingdom of God from Jesus Christ, he or she must use the unregenerated knowledge previously available to him regarding the kingdom of God before He can receive more from the Father.

See how quickly your conclusions regarding the Spirit and knowledge of God fall apart when put up against the Truth of God. undecided
Re: Men Of Faith by ichuka(m): 7:40am On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. God said the Words which He has spoken, the very Words out of God's own mouth—not your bible— is spirit. So, again, your bible is not Spirit, and your bible is not born of Spirit. Your bible is instead a compendium of the thoughts of various men— some of them evil —, Satan, and his demons, and the Word of God. There is nothing "spirit" about the book itself. It is the Words out of God's mouth that are instead spirit .i.e. Spirit of Truth since God's Word is Truth. So, why do you keep wanting to add to that which is in fact written? Why? undecided

2. These claims are not written in scripture at all. Think about the claims you make carefully in order you stretch your mind for yourself. If only those who are regenerated are able to understand God's Word, according to you, then why did God bother to call to Himself unregenerated sinners when He could have sent Jesus Christ to instead call the already righteous, those who were at least more knowledgable in the ways of God to Himself? undecided

3. By regenerated, my guess is that you mean one who is born-again, right? Another problem with these claims you continue to make is this. Jesus Christ said that in order to gain an understanding of the Kingdom of God, one would first need to use the understanding that he already has- Matthew 25 vs 29 & Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 25. What that means is that the non-born-again has first to use the unregenerated understanding he has in order to be given more understanding by Jesus Christ about the Kingdom of God in order to lead Him to become born-again aka regenerated. So, when an unregenerated soul approaches to learn of the Kingdom of God from Jesus Christ, he or she must use the unregenerated knowledge previously available to him regarding the kingdom of God before He can receive more from the Father.

See how quickly your conclusions regarding the Spirit and knowledge of God fall apart when put up against the Truth of God. undecided
Ok.heard you

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Wearing Makeup And Jewelry? / Introducing Springs Network TV / The Christian Rainbow Is Now The Gay Pride Symbol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.