Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? (2036 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror / Questions For Hardmirror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
I actually stumbled on the popular post of that guy from 2016. "From pastor to atheist". It shook me. But I noticed he has been off for more than a year. Is he alive? Hope he's not dead and in hell.

I want to tell you something I noticed. You see those old thread that talks about atheism. I found out those people supporting the motion, their "last seen" is always like 3 years + and the ones trying to convert them are still active or is it me just imagining things?

I like the concept of atheism but I'm still afraid of hell because all my life I have heard things like "heaven and hell is real" "sinners shall burn in hell forever and ever"

Why did those atheist suddenly disappear? Did they die because God got angry with them?
Though I still see some from years back still active like HopefulLandlord (maybe God likes him and wants him to change)

and is it true the CEO of Nairaland is an atheist too. Because I'm sick and tired of religion, prayers, Bible reading and fasting and my life hasn't moved forward. I like the Idea of being responsible for yourself and getting things done without praying and fasting to an invisible being. I don't just want to die and wake up in hell and please I'm not looking for a way to sin. Morally without pride I'm much better than some pastors... I just don't want to die like a chicken and wake up as a roasting barbecue in hell. Help me get rid of this fear o have been brainwashed with right from birth...

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by hopefulLandlord: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
I'd assume Hardmirror is alive. Being inactive doesn't mean something's happened to them. Lots of those religious people we used to debate together have also been inactive

as for hell, taking (more) charge of your life. I think that's a personal decision for you to make but feel free to look at arguments for and against then make your own decision.

Fear of hell is normal especially for someone who's probably spent all his/her life up to this point being told about how hell is real. I see your hell part as "Pascal's wager" but common sense shows the wager is nonsensical and meaningless.

Anyways atheism is a personal decision so take your own time to decide for yourself

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Karleb(m): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
The issue is, they lost interest. There was a time the argument used to be hot in here, so many shared their experiences. Even Capslocked is no more active.

I noticed their inactiveness is correlated to the COVID-19 and the present hardship in the country. Even Christians vs Athiest, Christians vs Muslim and Muslims vs Athiest thread has been on decline unlike 2, 3 years ago. The truth is, the hardship and the recent pandemic changed a lot of things about many of us including these guys.

Hardship and pandemic can not differentiate between a religious and non-religious person. The only reason why tribalism is still existing on NL is because it is politically driven in most cases.

I used to enjoy those threads tho. cheesy

As per your fear of hell. I once thought to myself, if my Muslim friend is not afraid of burning in the Christian hell, why should I? To this my Muslim friend, I'm hell bound anyways because I serve a different God. When you think about it this way, e go just tire you and you'll relax. grin Even if you do your best to escape one hell, there are other hells waiting for you anyways. undecided lipsrsealed

Seun is an Athiest, he has been one for a long long time.

13 Likes

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by 1Sharon(f): 4:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
NewSoul:
I Help me get rid of this fear o have been brainwashed with right from birth...

Hell came from Greek mythology and was incorporated into Christian belief.

Lots of Christian practices have pagan origins. Even heaven is pagan.

The name 'God' 'Lord' are all pagan.

The devil's appearance has never been described anywhere, so where did the depiction of the devil with red horns and a pitch fork come from?? All from people's imagination and mythology.
That should help you shed your fear OP.

It's all mythology.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
NewSoul:
Morally without pride I'm much better than some pastors... I just don't want to die like a chicken and wake up as a roasting barbecue in hell. Help me get rid of this fear o have been brainwashed with right from birth...
The fear of hell fire could be a very good thing if it helps you to make the right decisions to ensure you don't end up there.

Though I hold no fear about hell fire right now, i had it initially and it helped me make the right decisions before I got to this point.

My advice, forget about what the ignorant have said about hell fire not existing, because it actually does exist and everyone would get to know that truth at the end, so it's either with regret or relief.

Trust me, God is the surest thing in life that you could possibly bank your life on. Expect some ups and downs, lows and highs in the journey with Him but that doesn't mean that God doesn't exist or does not hear you. He hears and exists so it's for you to be patient enough to wait for His response at His appointed time. That's where many missed it. They weren't patient enough to wait for that.

That patience is what distinguishes people like me from many who became atheist after they waited on God, but didn't get a response within the time frame they expected it.

I learnt from those who walked before me as the prophets and men of God of old, because I saw that patience with God was crucial in their faith, hence I started praying for patience from the onset.

So patiently wait for God's response when you seek Him, and if you're sincere, you'd eventually get it. It's only a matter of time.

Lastly do not compare yourself with the moral level of pastors but with the standard which God requires of you.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Uyi168: 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
NewSoul:
I actually stumbled on the popular post of that guy from 2016. "From pastor to atheist". It shook me. But I noticed he has been off for more than a year. Is he alive? Hope he's not dead and in hell.

I want to tell you something I noticed. You see those old thread that talks about atheism. I found out those people supporting the motion, their "last seen" is always like 3 years + and the ones trying to convert them are still active or is it me just imagining things?

I like the concept of atheism but I'm still afraid of hell because all my life I have heard things like "heaven and hell is real" "sinners shall burn in hell forever and ever"

Why did those atheist suddenly disappear? Did they die because God got angry with them?
Though I still see some from years back still active like HopefulLandlord (maybe God likes him and wants him to change)

and is it true the CEO of Nairaland is an atheist too. Because I'm sick and tired of religion, prayers, Bible reading and fasting and my life hasn't moved forward. I like the Idea of being responsible for yourself and getting things done without praying and fasting to an invisible being. I don't just want to die and wake up in hell and please I'm not looking for a way to sin. Morally without pride I'm much better than some pastors... I just don't want to die like a chicken and wake up as a roasting barbecue in hell. Help me get rid of this fear o have been brainwashed with right from birth...
He may still be around with a different moniker.
He's not dead.
Abi na u kee am?

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by LordReed(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
NewSoul:

Do you imagine that the only time a person is alive is when they continue to post on social media? LoL. Guy be calming down, people live healthy lives off of social media, don't let the current of today's fads give you anxiety.

As for your fear of hell, what exactly is it based on? Disputed tales of eternal fire that have no evidence except an acceptance of the tale as real? If I was to ask you where hell is located, would you be able to tell me? Why let fairytales from less enlightened times scare you and create anxiety in your mind. Think of more important things and occupy your time on earth with all the beautiful things you'd like to do, life is for living.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by peggywebbs(f): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
Possibly they have new priorities. Family responsibilities or job. Or they may have a new handle, happens a lot.

Why would you be afraid of hell? The bible talks about hell not to put fear into anybody but to let people know that there is a reward for every good and bad deed.

How do you think people feel in a system like our country where killers are celebrated and walk free. Where people know they can do wrong and get away with it.

There is a reason why all religion, beliefs whether mythological, historical or philosophical agree with the concept of hell.

If you put all of these religions together, there is always a similarity.. they all talk about good and bad.

It is no coincidence. The truth is we didn't just happen to live on earth. It is no coincidence that humans are the only species that can sew dresses, make aeroplanes, speak in thousands of languages, and even make robots.

What most atheists want to believe is that everyone will turn to manure on the earth surface and seize to exist.

Even before Christianity or Islam came to Africa or Nigeria. We knew people could contact the dead. There have been so many experiences of the world outside our own existence. If this is true, then there is a possibility that we will be accountable for our deeds.

I don't think you should be afraid of hell, I think you should be afraid of doing bad things. As for sin I believe everyone sins and nobody is perfect. But there are some things that your inner conscience warns you not to do, those are the things you should be afraid of.

I think before anyone can comfortably call himself or herself an atheist, they should explore all beliefs and I don't mean reading books. Go and explore the supernatural and you will certainly see the truth yourself.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Image123(m): 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
Lol. He probably saw devil and had to stop posting out of shame. Like someone said, hardship dey bite many of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
NewSoul:

All I will say is your soul is Warning you and rather than find how to do things right you are rather seeking to do a worse one.

And you have obviously noticed that you feel this way just when you are about to do a thing that you thought was a good idea at the time but you got into serious trouble.

That is your soul warning you once again that you are about to get into serious trouble.

Your stagnancy is as a result of the fact that you are not God's Child and Only very few people are able to Make His Adoption, that is the problem you have.

Solution! Become an Expert at keeping God's Laws in Truth and Wholly not selectively and partially, even in inconvenience while praying for Him to have Mercy on you.

That is the Only Way to Break out if not, joining atheism is simply transfering from Class A to Toilet Room while still attending a School that is to be demolished. It makes no difference.
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
What will it cost you to keep being on the Lord's side? Have you lost an arm or an eye so far? Keep hoping in him. One day, he'll visit you.

The atheist you're referring to. Do they have a fufilled life? The Bible says you shall have tribulations in this world but that you should be of good cheer for he has overcome the world. If you believe, he'll come in. The doubts in your heart are too many for you to receive from God.

Free your heart and continue serving God with an open mind. You'll see things working out for good in your life.

SHALOM.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by 1Sharon(f): 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Image123:
Lol. He probably saw devil and had to stop posting out of shame. Like someone said, hardship dey bite many of them.

You wish
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by virginboy1(m): 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
Please where has Johnnydon2 gone to, I missed that moniker mehnnnnm...

The dude was so good that he liberated so may religious fanatic here. Much Respect to him.

I think maybe CAPSLOCKED was banned. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Image123(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

You wish

Not at all. i wish that you will truly prosper undecided undecided
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Image123(m): 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
virginboy1:
Please where has Johnnydon2 gone to,

That copy and paste? May be in prison, who knows. Sinners will always sin and get themselves in one trouble or the other.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by hopefulLandlord: 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
Image123:

That copy and paste? May be in prison, who knows. Sinners will always sin and get themselves in one trouble or the other.

WTF!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by hopefulLandlord: 10:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

The atheist you're referring to. Do they have a fufilled life?
what does it mean to "have a fulfilled life?"
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Image123(m): 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

WTF!

Stop cussing mr. man. Do you think that this is Heaven or hell?
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by AeroplaneApple: 12:05am On Jun 14, 2021
Everybody came back with a new moniker.
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by AeroplaneApple: 12:09am On Jun 14, 2021
One of his post I remember was about the efficacy of jazz grin and why didn't the military used it
It was a funny thread
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by petra1(m): 12:11am On Jun 14, 2021
Karleb:
The issue is, they lost interest. There was a time the argument used to be hot in here, so many shared their experiences. Even Capslocked is no more active.

many people .
jesoul 'Ogajim, Enigma, Ttonye etc. maybe they probably use new moniker
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by virginboy1(m): 5:20am On Jun 14, 2021
peggywebbs:
Possibly they have new priorities. Family responsibilities or job. Or they may have a new handle, happens a lot.

Why would you be afraid of hell? The bible talks about hell not to put fear into anybody but to let people know that there is a reward for every good and bad deed.

How do you think people feel in a system like our country where killers are celebrated and walk free. Where people know they can do wrong and get away with it.

There is a reason why all religion, beliefs whether mythological, historical or philosophical agree with the concept of hell.

If you put all of these religions together, there is always a similarity.. they all talk about good and bad.

It is no coincidence. The truth is we didn't just happen to live on earth. It is no coincidence that humans are the only species that can sew dresses, make aeroplanes, speak in thousands of languages, and even make robots.

What most atheists want to believe is that everyone will turn to manure on the earth surface and seize to exist.

Even before Christianity or Islam came to Africa or Nigeria. We knew people could contact the dead. There have been so many experiences of the world outside our own existence. If this is true, then there is a possibility that we will be accountable for our deeds.

I don't think you should be afraid of hell, I think you should be afraid of doing bad things. As for sin I believe everyone sins and nobody is perfect. But there are some things that your inner conscience warns you not to do, those are the things you should be afraid of.

I think before anyone can comfortably call himself or herself an atheist, they should explore all beliefs and I don't mean reading books. Go and explore the supernatural and you will certainly see the truth yourself.

If HELL is real.

I can bet 90% of Nigerians won't make it. 9ja
Hypocrite general of the World.

4 Likes

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by hakeem4(m): 5:30am On Jun 14, 2021
NewSoul:

why are you scared of hell?

1 Like

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by LordReed(m): 8:13am On Jun 14, 2021
virginboy1:

The dude was so good that he liberated so may religious fanatic here. Much Respect to him.

Johnydon22 is busy irl, not much time for NL.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:15am On Jun 14, 2021
Image123:

grin Always! It is even Guaranteed! Either they put themselves in Trouble or Trouble comes to marry them grin
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:19am On Jun 14, 2021
virginboy1:

If HELL is real.

You are right here, Like hell, lake of fire is Real and I agree 90% of Nigerians will be inmates there.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25am On Jun 14, 2021
hakeem4:

why are you scared of hell?

By romance, family, politics and even here in religion section people are crying to escape hell when it came visiting or when they put themselves into it.

And that is just little hell oh, yet souls are crying and are not able to bear it, is it now the Big One, Lake of Fire whom hell fears?

It is wise for him to fear as his soul has warned him to fear!

Only a Fool will attempt to not fear doom and perdition.
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by hakeem4(m): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

By romance, family, politics and even here in religion section people are crying to escape hell when it came visiting or when they put themselves into it.

And that is just little hell oh, yet souls are crying and are not able to bear it, is it now the Big One, Lake of Fire whom hell fears?

It is wise for him to fear as his soul has warned him to fear!

[s]Only a Fool will attempt to not fear doom and perdition.[/s]

why will his soul fear hell. the soul (which does not exists) does not feel physical pains so Hell sounds funny to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by peggywebbs(f): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
Lol

virginboy1:

If HELL is real.

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
hakeem4:

why will his soul fear hell. the soul (which does not exists) does not feel physical pains so Hell sounds funny to me

"To you" is the word and the Op has already confessed that he fears hell, which is a sign of a living soul, for it is the living who fear.

Secondly, it is pointless arguing with you on the soul because you have a right to say any nonsense eg "that it is night in Nigeria right now at 2;29pm" and no man on earth can compell you to admit you are wrong, if you refuse to so change your opinion. So I would not like to try.

And if you do not feel beyond your physical, (which is a lie for example feel that war is coming to Nigeria) then one can say you are already "dead" just running on low battery.

But as I said, you feel the war coming and that feeling is not physical, yet you felt it.
Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by johnydon22(m): 12:33am On Jul 02, 2021
virginboy1:

LordReed:

Johnydon22 is busy irl, not much time for NL.

To be fair there's no great topic dropping here these days.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive? by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Jul 02, 2021
NewSoul:
Another Mog who decieved so many others with lies even he did not believe in the end. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu's Victory And The Accuracy Of Apostle Iginla's Prophecy (video) / Indominoodles Christians / VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.