Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Building A Payment App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Building A Payment App (1498 Views)

Who Can Develop A Utility And Bill Payment App / Django Payment Gateway Integration How To Build A Payment System / Help!!!. What Language Is Best For Developing A Payment App. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Payment App by Medics007(m): 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
Good afternoon,
I am an entrepreneur trying to diversify my business by starting a payment platform for some targeted group of businesses. And I'm seeking for assistance and advice on what to go for and what to avoid in terms of building an application, creating a payment gateway or leveraging on existing ones. The costs and time implications.
Thank you
Re: Building A Payment App by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
Use existing ones. The people who can build such things charge millions of naira and are very scarce to get.

2 Likes

Re: Building A Payment App by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
Last I checked, licence for a payment processing fintech alone runs in tens of millions, not to mention the cost of paying developers to build it, and maintain it.

You're better off building around the APIs of existing payment platforms and parting with some percentage

2 Likes

Re: Building A Payment App by privaldo: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
DrLevi:
Last I checked, licence for a payment processing fintech alone runs in tens of millions, not to mention the cost of paying developers to build it, and maintain it.

You're better off building around the APIs of existing payment platforms and parting with some percentage

So you mean to say people who build around APIs of companies like PayStack and Flutterwave give them a certain percentage of the business? Or is it a percentage of the profit?
Re: Building A Payment App by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
privaldo:

So you mean to say people who build around APIs of companies like PayStack and Flutterwave give them a certain percentage of the business? Or is it a percentage of the profit?

You should check the pricing page for those products, it would explain it better

You pay per transaction last time I check
Re: Building A Payment App by privaldo: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
DrLevi:

You should the pricing page for those products, it would explain it better

Let me check it out. Thanks
Re: Building A Payment App by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
DrLevi:

I don’t know why I find this silly.
Building a payment gateway around a payment gateway.
Re: Building A Payment App by All4good: 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2021
DrLevi:

This is a great way to start.
After all, one shouldn't test the depth of waters with both feet.

1 Like

Re: Building A Payment App by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 26, 2021
DrLevi:

You should check the pricing page for those products, it would explain it better

Wishing you luck doc on your exams
Re: Building A Payment App by Karleb(m): 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
ClintonNzedimma:

I don’t know why I find this silly.
Building a payment gateway around a payment gateway.

It's actually a very good advice.

Everything is not about writing code.
Re: Building A Payment App by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Riplogic:

Wishing you luck doc on your exams
Thanks... We've written and it was successful.

1 Like

Re: Building A Payment App by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:14am On Jun 28, 2021
Karleb:

It's actually a very good advice.

Everything is not about writing code.
I have built a similar service but I found it boring.
I wanna do the real thing

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Expert Laravel Developer (expert Only) / Javascript Fullstack Developer Training Program (react + Node) / Login Help In Vb.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.