Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Using Glo Gprs - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Using Glo Gprs (1336 Views)

How Can I Set Mtn Gprs Settings On My Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 / How To Use Sim Card Slot In Under The Dell Laptop Battery For Gprs Acess / Labtop Internet Connection Via Glo Gprs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Glo Gprs by magosla200(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2007
I tried to connect my laptop to glo gprs service using an N91 as a modem. I used the access point as glosecure and username as gprs but the problem there is I do not know the password so I get a ppt error message. can someone give me the password so i can get it connected successfully. I use the Glo Direct unlimited service
Re: Using Glo Gprs by Ralvy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2007
Here's what you need to get conncected with your N91. I would advise you to use your Nokia PC suite. the user name is not gprs, it is "wap" and the password is also "wap" without quotes please. If it should ask for an IP, put 10.100.98.22 , and for the IP port; 9201. The Pc suite should provide a number to dial, if it dosen't, try dialing *99#. The APN is: "glogwap" (without quotes"

4m your G Nerve, I hope this works
Re: Using Glo Gprs by magosla200(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2007
The glo service i use does not work with WAP. Anyway the configuration is as follows:
APN: glosecure
Username: gprs
Password: gprs

And it worked fine.
Re: Using Glo Gprs by Ralvy(m): 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2007
I think Globacom uses different settings for differen cities. I'm at Abuja and those are the settings I use when connecting my N95 to the network and I use the PC Suite. Where are you?
Re: Using Glo Gprs by magosla200(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2007
I am in Benin. The Glo service I use is just for Internet connection and cannot be use for calls or sms. It is a prepaid line
Re: Using Glo Gprs by Ralvy(m): 9:20am On Jul 19, 2007
Okay, now I get you - mine is a normal prepaid line for calls, sms and others. maybe thats y the connection settings are different. Concerning ur line - how much did u purchase it?? Is the connection fast?? Is it completely trouble free
Re: Using Glo Gprs by magosla200(m): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2007
I purchased it for 24k including a month subscription of 12k. Concerning the speed, its ok.

(1) (Reply)

... / Usb For Expresscard Adapter Cable In Nigeria: Help Pls / Hp 1000 Black Colour With Intel Pentium Processor.whatsapp 07015423626

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.