Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,374 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Brotherly And Sisterly Love: - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Brotherly And Sisterly Love: (790 Views)

I Need A Brotherly Advice From Experienced Nigeria South African Based. / Let Brotherly Love Continue. / Nairaland What do I do When Intimate Affection Turns To brotherly Feelings: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brotherly And Sisterly Love: by topup: 2:23am On May 05, 2011
This thing has been bugging me for some time now,

It's this brotherly love, my ex had it and I thought that was pretty unique, but now a distant friend on facebook won't stop singing praise about how gorgeous and perfect his baby sister is.

One thing I must emphasise is that both of these guys don't show any extra respect for women, oh no! Don't think just because they dote on their 'virginal' sisters (or so they think!) that they'll give a second thought before they break your heart. Okay, I don't want to sound bitter, but I have proof, both guys have broken the hearts and been "Playboys" to two girls I know (one of them being myself hehe!).

I have wrapped my head around mothers loving their "little husbands" or sons, in a strange way,  My mum particularly called my brother her husband, but I think that's cute, and probably very Nigerian (traditional).

But this Older brother singing non-stop praises about his sister, who happens to be JUST. ANOTHER. NORMAL. GIRL. is really confusing to me.

I guess this is a rant post in disguise really, I'm fed up of getting status updates, normally these sickening posts are between a boyfriend and girlfriend, but today it's siblings, and it's weird to me.

He says what a stunning and attractive sister he has, and she says well she does have a sexy older brother (they both chuckle on Facebook about their lucky gene pool),  but the thing is they are both just. average. Not studs, or hotties, just average and that's why it's weird. It's like there is some sort of attraction between them,  I'm not labelling anything, and I definitely doubt they'd be celebrating Inbreeding online amongst friends and family, but you know what I mean. He goes on to make a 5th picture of her as his profile picture.

Anyway, another example is my ex, in the short 3 months we called a relationship, let's say 1 out of every 4 conversations was about how beautiful his sister was, how she did her hair, how her skin glowed amazingly, how she was the perfect size for a woman, how she was so down to earth, how they were just so close, he was a Taiwo so she was his baby sis by a second, but it was the same thing as the facebook 'couple'. I don't know,  weird. If it was another woman I would have every right to be jealous, and in a strange way he made me slightly envious of his sister, his relationship with her seemed to triumph anything I could possibly ever attain. She was perfect,  and then I saw her picture,

Is it just me? Can someone explain it to me because I don't get it!
Re: Brotherly And Sisterly Love: by Osama10(m): 2:34am On May 05, 2011
Some families are just like that and I think you don't have to bother yourself with that.

(1) (Reply)

General / Shopping For Perfumes Online / Dumbest Topic Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.