Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters (22991 Views)

NDLEA: How Fake $20m Was Found In An Abuja-bound Bus From Lagos / Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) / Funmilade Adeyemi Declared Wanted By EFCC Has Been Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Enyimbamercedes: 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
This one will be blowing fables!

First he said Diezani had 14 billion naira worth of jewelry

Now they being $20m worth of crypto
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Leadpress(m): 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by OBA117(m): 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
To be relooted again as usual. grin
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Geeman2006: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by dblimited07(m): 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
Contact dbventures for this design at affordable rate
Floor plan
+2347063164115

Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by jimmynauty: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2021
This dude is ignoy of crypto tech.
If he does he won't be making a foool of himself
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2021
Bawa is still part of the Fulanization agenda.

Zoogerians, i know y'all are gullible.

Don't be scammed, so obviously.
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by fof1: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hugged:

https://www.thecable.ng/bawa-efcc-has-recovered-20m-worth-of-cryptocurrency-from-fraudsters

Try Mr.Bawa...Hide under d Guise of Nigerian CBN to be Operating Ur own Cryptocurrency Wallet and Come give Us Excuses of Recovery of Cryptos from Fraudulent Operators or FRAUDSTERS... GOD KNOWS WHAT ALL OF YOU IN GOVERNMENT, ARE DOING TO THE INNOCENT MASSES OF NIGERIA.
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Gjmff: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
Really
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
Lool believe this guy at your own peril, so their own wallet will automatically recover fraudulently acquired crypto's? hahaha this mallam must be high on cheap weed
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Buzx: 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
GboyegaD:

Not when I have friends that mint cryptocurrencies on their phones. I no get power to get heart attack. Thanks for the offer BTW, I do appreciate it greatly.

They're probably mining shitcoins, like PI or using telegram bots. A proper crypto like Bitcoin or Ethereum requires powerful GPUs for mining.

1 Like

Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Buzx: 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kubernetes:

The agency has all the mechanisms and the infrastructure which you don't know. The efcc has a software that if they put your bvn and run the software, its gonna bring all your accounts in the entire banking platforms in Nigeria including all your cards, including all your transactions, including all where the money is coming from and where it went to.infact the software has an AI field that can dig out all the alternative e channels those money came from. Its just that he will not mention such critical information in the public.

What are you talking about? The discussion here is blockchain tecnology and you're talking about BVN? What is the relationship between the two? Get knowledge!!
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Ynix(m): 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
GboyegaD:

Not when I have friends that mint cryptocurrencies on their phones. I no get power to get heart attack. Thanks for the offer BTW, I do appreciate it greatly.
You are not even getting the Perspective I am coming from, I am not talking about the third party minting. The word minting the monetary and banking world means producing more money.
Let me be sincere with you. If you can afford to be setting aside 1k of your monthly earnings in Cryptocurrency for a whole years in three to 5 years time you could have made millions of naira from just keeping aside 12k a whole based on deflation and demand and supply just like buying land cryptocurrency are virtual commodities
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Buzx: 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
wirinet:

We are talking about crypto currency and you are talking about BVN and software.. Cryptos run on blockchain technology which is virtually impossible to hack.

Well, it seems you've not heard of "flash loan attack" that has been used to steal millions of dollars from decentralized exchanges. BurgerSwap, which is a decentralized exchange on Binance smart chain network was rekted of millions of dollars last month through flash loan attack. Their liquidity pool was drained of the millions. This is just one of the many Dexs that have lost money through flash loan.

When it comes to "Hacking" it doesn't have to be when you use brute force or something like that. They're lot of ways hacking can take place and they're different types of hacks.

Should I tell you about Metamask, the popular wallet and chrome extension people use, where their website was cloned and people lost money by visiting the cloned website and inputting their seed phrase.

The thing is, the whole world of crypto, blockchain and decentralized finance is relatively new and still needs a lot of improvement. Those who are into it now are regarded as the early adopters and need to tread with caution. Crypto is not hack-proof. Blockchain is just a word, and they're a lot of Blockchains out there. Some are very secured, while some have security issues.

Now, do Nigerian government have the skills to hack or block a crypto wallet and retrieve funds? Nah, I don't think so. They must have beaten seed phrases and passwords out of those guys to retrieve funds. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by HISSCRIBE1995: 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
“From January to June, according to the statistics, the EFCC has arrested 1436 suspected cybercriminals across the federation,” he said

The crime rate in this nation is not encouraging.

Create your own business instead of defrauding innocent people.
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Blackdisciple(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
But ooo, were are all the money and properties recovered by the EFCC
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by pieces18: 7:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
Maxymilliano:
And how did he know that such investments are all proceeds of fraud ?

Do you even believe the gist? They all lies, he just wants to shine. Is it not the same way fg lies? Believe this government then you are full forever.
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by GboyegaD(m): 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ynix:
You are not even getting the Perspective I am coming from, I am not talking about the third party minting. The word minting the monetary and banking world means producing more money.
Let me be sincere with you. If you can afford to be setting aside 1k of your monthly earnings in Cryptocurrency for a whole years in three to 5 years time you could have made millions of naira from just keeping aside 12k a whole based on deflation and demand and supply just like buying land cryptocurrency are virtual commodities

My brother, I can talk from a point of authority as I have friends who are currently minting/generating one here.
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Ynix(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
GboyegaD:

My brother, I can talk from a point of authority as I have friends who are currently minting/generating one here.
I am talking from the point of authority of knowing about blockchain technology since 2013 and have been able to create a number of cryptocurrency via smart contracts for some people here and outside Nigeria
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Ynix(m): 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2021
Buzx:

They're probably mining shitcoins, like PI or using telegram bots. A proper crypto like Bitcoin or Ethereum requires powerful GPUs for mining.
thank you
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Kubernetes: 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
Buzx:

What are you talking about? The discussion here is blockchain tecnology and you're talking about BVN? What is the relationship between the two? Get knowledge!!

If you know blockchain, you should know that its the Commercial banks that enhance and facilitate the offshore transfers. If you wanna cash your btc, it must go through the banks(like Providus bank). And that was why CBN asked the banks to stop the trxns of these offshore crypto currency exchanges like Ruqqu, Luno etc.

You must have heard last two months that Binance has added Nigerian FIAT/NGN pair to its Peer to Peer (P2P) trading platform in Nigeria. Users can now BUY and SELL their NGN FIAT balance on Binance with zero transaction fees for Nigerian Naira (NGN) using Bank Transfer and other payment methods, but any bank facilitate any of such will face sanction by CBN
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Kubernetes: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
wirinet:

We are talking about crypto currency and you are talking about BVN and software.. Cryptos run on blockchain technology which is virtually impossible to hack.

How can I cash my crypto in Nigeria before the Ban?
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Kubernetes: 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2021
cryptotech:

Fiat is different from crypto, don't say what you don't know.

Before the ban, if I consume a crypto trxns by selling 0.05btc, how will I be paid?
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Whoknowsme: 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
Maxymilliano:
And how did he know that such investments are all proceeds of fraud ?
Good question. Let them keep on deceiving themselves, we all know them
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Buzx: 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kubernetes:

If you know blockchain, you should know that its the Commercial banks that enhance and facilitate the offshore transfers. If you wanna cash your btc, it must go through the banks(like Providus bank). And that was why CBN asked the banks to stop the trxns of these offshore crypto currency exchanges like Ruqqu, Luno etc.

You must have heard last two months that Binance has added Nigerian FIAT/NGN pair to its Peer to Peer (P2P) trading platform in Nigeria. Users can now BUY and SELL their NGN FIAT balance on Binance with zero transaction fees for Nigerian Naira (NGN) using Bank Transfer and other payment methods, but any bank facilitate any of such will face sanction by CBN

First, blockchain tecnology is different from traditional finance. If you understand DeFi, you'll know that its aim is to override and replace the traditional banking system.

They're crypto ATMs where you don't need your bank or whatever to cash out fiat. Only thing is that it's not in Nigeria.

Now, since government banned those crypto exchanges from facilitating fiat withdrawals and everybody moved to P2P, how would the government know who and who is sell or buying crypto? So, bringing in BVN, here in this context is just unnecessary. Since, direct interaction with banks and their services has been killed and you can no longer buy crypto with your card, how do the government know that that random bank transfer is payment for crypto or payment for goods? You get the point? So, using BVN here to track crypto transaction here is void.

Now, to the Binance stuff, isn't it all still P2P? Binance doesn't pay you from their Nigerian account anymore. Individuals buy and sell to themselves. That Nigerian fiat balance in Binance has nothing to do with Nigerian banks. The money has already been deposited on Binance and if you tranfer or sell your NGN fiat balance, the transaction goes through Binance and not your Nigerian bank. The transaction goes immediately to the Binance wallet you transfered it to and the person pays you normal Naira. I hope you understand.
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by Kubernetes: 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2021
Buzx:

First, blockchain tecnology is different from traditional finance. If you understand DeFi, you'll know that its aim is to override and replace the traditional banking system.

They're crypto ATMs where you don't need your bank or whatever to cash out fiat. Only thing is that it's not in Nigeria.

Now, since government banned those crypto exchanges from facilitating fiat withouts and everybody moved to P2P, how would the government know who and who is sell or buying crypto? So, bringing in BVN, here in this context is just unnecessary. Since, direct interaction with banks and their services have been killed and you can no longer buy crypto to with card, how do the government know that that random bank transfer is payment for crypto or payment for goods? You get the point? So, using BVN here to track crypto transaction here is void.

Now, to the Binance stuff, isn't it all still P2P? Binance doesn't pay you from their Nigerian account. Individuals buy and sell to themselves. Unless of course, Binance have started providing withdrawal services again through Nigerian banks.

I get what you are saying. I do know that the whole blockchain philosophy is that of decentralised finance. My response initially on the software was based on the 20 million retrieved by efcc
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by GMBuhari: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
This here is an opportunity for them to harass and arrest anyone who has crypto wallet on their phone

SARS V2 in disguise
Re: Bawa: EFCC Has Recovered $20m Worth Of Cryptocurrency From Fraudsters by ofiko123(m): 4:36am On Jun 16, 2021
Nice one... Kudos to them...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policemen Extort ₦25,000 From Lagos Resident (Screenshot Of Bank Alert) / CCTV Shows The Moment A Boy Stole A Macbook At A Store In Computer Village / How Evans Gave Me 50% Discount On Ransom – Kidnap Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.