Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? (7789 Views)

ZTE MTN 4G LTE Hynet flex +free 120gig Data Sim #38k Firm / SuperTV And MTN To Launch Zero Data TV App / Hynet Flex Routers With 120gb Instantly Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by ihollarmide(m): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
I am a very heavy data user and consume data in the region of 70GB - 100GB of data per month. In the past, I used to subscribe to the MTN Pulse binge data bundle of 2GB for 2 days. 3 months ago after I got a new smartphone and inserted my airtel sim card, Airtel sent me a message telling me that I am eligible for a 100% data bonus for three months if I purchase data plans within the price range of 500 to 4000 naira. Since then, I have always been doing the 3000 naira for 20GB (10GB main data and 10GB bonus) and I usually do this like 5 times a month.
Now, the offer has elapsed and I am at crossroads as to the best data plan available on either MTN or Airtel because they are the best in my location. Spectranet and Smile are out of it as I am either in Lagos, Abeokuta, or Ibadan, and not one of those service providers has coverage not to talk of excellent coverage in those three areas.

On checking the router plans between Airtel and MTN, I am at a crossroads on the best to go for between the two because they offer competitive prices but MTN slightly has the advantage because it includes a 100% bonus for 3 months on purchase of their Hynet Flex Router.

Who has used any of the two and what can you say about it?
Any advice for me?

Thank you.
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
ihollarmide:
I am a very heavy data user and consume data in the region of 70GB - 100GB of data per month. In the past, I used to subscribe to the MTN Pulse binge data bundle of 2GB for 2 days. 3 months ago after I got a new smartphone and inserted my airtel sim card, Airtel sent me a message telling me that I am eligible for a 100% data bonus for three months if I purchase data plans within the price range of 500 to 4000 naira. Since then, I have always been doing the 3000 naira for 20GB (10GB main data and 10GB bonus) and I usually do this like 5 times a month.
Now, the offer has elapsed and I am at crossroads as to the best data plan available on either MTN or Airtel because they are the best in my location. Spectranet and Smile are out of it as I am either in Lagos, Abeokuta, or Ibadan, and not one of those service providers has coverage not to talk of excellent coverage in those three areas.

On checking the router plans between Airtel and MTN, I am at a crossroads on the best to go for between the two because they offer competitive prices but MTN slightly has the advantage because it includes a 100% bonus for 3 months on purchase of their Hynet Flex Router.

Any advice for me?

Thank you.
stop wasting your money on data subscription. MTN and airtel data sims are available. Just insert it into your phone or mifi and start browsing and downloading unlimitedly. Contact my siggy.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by joungblood(m): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2021
stop wasting your money on data subscription. MTN and airtel data sims are available. Just insert it into your phone or mifi and start browsing and downloading unlimitedly. Contact my siggy.

I'm interested how? 08125670754
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Obaino26: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2021
Please I'm interested how?
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Obaino26: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2021
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by tobby98: 9:57am On Oct 17, 2021
joungblood:

I'm interested how? 08125670754
Did he respond yet?
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by joungblood(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2021
tobby98:

Did he respond yet?

Nope
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by whisp3r(m): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2021
ihollarmide:

Any advice for me?

Thank you.

They are both very useless. I have a MTN Hynet router and Spectranet.

MTN Hynet Router has a terrible download speed but fantastic upload speed.

I recommend Spectranet. I'm currently on their Lagos Plan which is 70gb for 15k and most times I get extra 70gb a total of 140gb per month because they're always running double data promo

Modified: I'm just reading about where you said you're not within Spectranet coverage. That's unfortunate.

My personal opinion is that I still prefer MTN over Airtel as they have better coverage.

I recommend you purchase an ordinary MTN router or mifi and subscribe to their normal data tarrif.

My experience is that they are much better both in speed and network quality than Hynet.

Hynet has its own unique data plan that doesn't work on regular routers or modems.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by ihollarmide(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
whisp3r:

They are both very useless. I have a MTN Hynet router and Spectranet.

MTN Hynet Router has a terrible download speed but fantastic upload speed.

I recommend Spectranet. I'm currently on their Lagos Plan which is 70gb for 15k and most times I get extra 70gb a total of 140gb per month because they're always running double data promo

Modified: I'm just reading about where you said you're not within Spectranet coverage. That's unfortunate.

My personal opinion is that I still prefer MTN over Airtel as they have better coverage.

I recommend you purchase an ordinary MTN router or mifi and subscribe to their normal data tarrif.

My experience is that they are much better both in speed and network quality than Hynet.

Hynet has its own unique data plan that doesn't work on regular routers or modems.

I already went for Mtn hynet router. The battery is poor but that's not really a problem for me. The data is also so expensive. I should have just gone for their ordinary mifi.
Thanks anyways. I really appreciate your response
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by whisp3r(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
ihollarmide:

I already went for Mtn hynet router. The battery is poor but that's not really a problem for me. The data is also so expensive. I should have just gone for their ordinary mifi.
Thanks anyways. I really appreciate your response

Regarding the battery, you can make it last longer by changing the default settings. When I got mine, it barely lasted for 3 hours but now it lasts as long as 7 hours.

You need to change the WIFI signal range. I think by default it's set to the highest. Change it to the lowest and disable the second WIFI

It comes with 2 WIFI connections by default. You only need one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by ihollarmide(m): 12:11am On Oct 20, 2021
whisp3r:

Regarding the battery, you can make it last longer by changing the default settings. When I got mine, it barely lasted for 3 hours but now it lasts as long as 7 hours.

You need to change the WIFI signal range. I think by default it's set to the highest. Change it to the lowest and disable the second WIFI

Wow. Thank you so much. Which would you advise me to disable between the 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz? The 5.0Ghz has a shorter range and is said to have the more powerful and faster signal.
Moreover, I can only see the hide SSID option and can't see the disable option
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by whisp3r(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
ihollarmide:

Wow. Thank you so much. Which would you advise me to disable between the 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz? The 5.0Ghz has a shorter range and is said to have the more powerful and faster signal.
Moreover, I can only see the hide SSID option and can't see the disable option

Yes, it's called hide. Hide the 5.0Ghz

2.4Ghz is more than enough. That's the one used on a lot of Routers

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by ihollarmide(m): 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2021
whisp3r:

Alright. Thank you so much
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Feranmhine: 10:48am On Oct 21, 2021
ihollarmide:

Any update about the lasting battery
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Bignuell(m): 11:54am On Oct 21, 2021
OP any update on the battery life??
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by ihollarmide(m): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
@Bignuell and @Feranmhine, the battery has significantly improved. Another way to improve and maximize the battery life is to totally disable the wi-fi signal if you don't need it to connect to a wide array of devices and connect through a Lan Cable.
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by coleB(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Dahreformer2666: 8:37am On Dec 02, 2021
ihollarmide:

I can't seems to get how to hide it or disable it
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Kubernetes: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2021
ihollarmide:

Any advice for me?

Thank you.

Hello please which sim router or modem do you use now and is it good?
I have done a port forwarding using my phone WiFi 9mobile sim for a Pi node set up,but my PC is not pinging.

Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by ihollarmide(m): 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2021
Kubernetes:

Hello please which sim router or modem do you use now and is it good?
I have done a port forwarding using my phone WiFi 9mobile sim for a Pi node set up,but my PC is not pinging.

I still use the MTN hynet flex. I don't know anything about the port forwarding issue you are encountering. I am sorry that I won't be able to help
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
Anyone has a used mifi for sale?
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Kubernetes: 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
ihollarmide:

I still use the MTN hynet flex. I don't know anything about the port forwarding issue you are encountering. I am sorry that I won't be able to help

it has been sorted.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by karferguso(m): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
whisp3r:

Chairman, please does your device come with the external power pack?
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by whisp3r(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
karferguso:

Nope
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by emmy9500: 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2022
karferguso:

The old model doesn't come with a power pack and uses removable battery,
The new model comes with an external power pack and uses a non removable battery
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by karferguso(m): 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2022
emmy9500:

The old model doesn't come with a power pack and uses removable battery,
The new model comes with an external power pack and uses a non removable battery

The new model is the type that i use. But I notice that the external power pack battery indicator doesn’t turn off.
I want to know if that’s the same for everyone
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Ournolly: 6:51am On Jan 28, 2022
whisp3r:

Hope you are aware of Bluetooth and Microwave interferences with 2.4Ghz band?
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by whisp3r(m): 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
Ournolly:

Hope you are aware of Bluetooth and Microwave interferences with 2.4Ghz band?

I have never had any issues with my Wifi. Besides, I make use of an externally mounted antenna for my Router.
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by Ournolly: 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
whisp3r:

I have never had any issues with my Wifi. Besides, I make use of an externally mounted antenna for my Router.
I have connection issues with band 2.4Ghz once I connect to the WiFi when on Bluetooth, Bluetooth will get disconnected and then try to connect again.
I experience this issue in daily basis as I use Sony Bluetooth headset.

Dual band WiFi has it's uses and advantage, that's why it's more expensive.
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by NeuroToby(m): 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
Does anyone encounter this same issue?
I just got my hynet today and this is a top concern for me.

karferguso:

The new model is the type that i use. But I notice that the external power pack battery indicator doesn’t turn off.
I want to know if that’s the same for everyone
Re: Which Is Better Between Airtel Router And MTN Hynet Flex? by karferguso(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2022
NeuroToby:
Does anyone encounter this same issue?
I just got my hynet today and this is a top concern for me.

It's a big issue to be honest, the blue indicator is perpetually turned on. That weakens the battery

(1) (Reply)

Unlock All Stations On Your Dstv And Strong Decoder / Difference Between Master, Verve And Visa Cards / Mint Samsung S7 Black and Gold for 58k with Fast Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.