Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

I Need Help In Making The Right Life Choice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help In Making The Right Life Choice (277 Views)

Please I Need Help In Deciding / I Want To Learn UI/UX Design. I'm I Making The Right Choice? / Help Me In Making A Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help In Making The Right Life Choice by Faithti(m): 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2021
Gooday all...i know this might be a little long but i promise to go straight to the point. Am a 17yr old who finished sec sch in 2018 as an art student.due to my dad being late and my mum a farmer i didnt put much regards in going ahead due to no funds.now i have an opurtinity to futher my schooling but am confused.i want to be a cyber security and hacking expert as a career.bt my uncle say i should learn programming first as all good hackers must know how to code first...should i go straight to school or register in a coding academy. Am an art student so i may get a little difficulty when writing science subjects in jamb as i want to go for computer science,so if i go for programming in center how is it when compared to going to school...and what language shouldti start with as someone with no coding experience or should i go straight to hacking...i just need one thats easy to get a job in naija. Thanks for ur help guys really appriciate.
Re: I Need Help In Making The Right Life Choice by Jashub: 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
Go for a programming course, but if you intend to work for companies that require a certificate before employment, then you'll need a university degree.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help In Making The Right Life Choice by stanliwise(m): 7:21am On Jun 16, 2021
Faithti:
Gooday all...i know this might be a little long but i promise to go straight to the point. Am a 17yr old who finished sec sch in 2018 as an art student.due to my dad being late and my mum a farmer i didnt put much regards in going ahead due to no funds.now i have an opurtinity to futher my schooling but am confused.i want to be a cyber security and hacking expert as a career.bt my uncle say i should learn programming first as all good hackers must know how to code first...should i go straight to school or register in a coding academy. Am an art student so i may get a little difficulty when writing science subjects in jamb as i want to go for computer science,so if i go for programming in center how is it when compared to going to school...and what language shouldti start with as someone with no coding experience or should i go straight to hacking...i just need one thats easy to get a job in naija. Thanks for ur help guys really appriciate.
Coming from an art background you may need to go get good grades in science subject to qualify to apply for computer science.

Moreso before going to computer science, it is advisable to learn one or two skill related to computer science. The best and easiest for now being programming.
But that comes with it’s own headache, you will need money for bundle and data and you must have a very strong learning spirit, to be able to teach yourself how to code.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Python? / How To Install Postgresql On Windows 10 / Cheapest International Exam Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.