Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,066 members, 7,863,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly (2686 Views)

How Do I Stop Having Bad Thoughts? / What To Do When You Keep Having Bad Dreams / 13 Mfm Prayer Points To Cancel Bad Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:

So by obeying and trusting on this Truth, the demons and satanic altars our ancestors were worshipping will just disappear just like that?
God's Law is such that you should not attempt in any way to add to or remove from it any laws, even those of your ancestors. So the moment you accept Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law, you are meant to let go of your hold on to your ancestral altars of your own. So, if you are still holding on to your belief in them, all you need do is stop believing in them to instead put all of your trust in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided

God's Laws are absolute meaning you abide by them alone or you don't even bother. So it isn't that the altars still have a hold on you but that you are still holding onto your belief in them. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God's Law is such that you should not attempt in any way to add to or remove from it any laws, even those of your ancestors. So the moment you accept Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law, you are meant to let go of your hold on to your ancestral altars of your own. So, if you are still holding on to your belief in them, all you need do is stop believing in them to instead put all of your trust in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided

God's Laws are absolute meaning you abide by them alone or you don't even bother. So it isn't that the altars still have a hold on you but that you are still holding onto your belief in them. undecided

So the Op who is having bad dreams what is the cause of it and how can it be stopped permanently?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:
So the Op who is having bad dreams what is the cause of it and how can it be stopped permanently?
That depends on what she chooses to believe in. undecided

If she believes in ancestral demons and all that stuff, then she gives such ideas power over her by her belief. "As a man thinketh, so is he". undecided

If she believes Jesus Christ is indeed the Law she believes in and trusts in, then while living in continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, those other things have no hold on her and she only needs to as God for understanding and answers to proceed with. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That depends on what she chooses to believe in. undecided

If she believes in ancestral demons and all that stuff, then she gives such ideas power over her by her belief. "As a man thinketh, so is he". undecided

If she believes Jesus Christ is indeed the Law she believes in and trusts in, then while living in continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, those other things have no hold on her and she only needs to as God for understanding and answers to proceed with. undecided

So just like that all the bad dreams just be gone.
How many people have you successfully helped through this process?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by peggywebbs(f): 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2021
Nairaland, a land of ideas. Anyway have you heard the term, you can run but you can't hide.

Yep, you're giving yourself a lot of work and that's why you are exhausted. I'm sure you have prayed but I think the direction of your prayer should be, " Lord give me the strength to face my fears". I remember someone giving scripture then about.

"The Lord has not given us a heart of fear".

It may not be an attack but something you are supposed to face. Everyone's experience is different but until you face whatever it is, it's going to keep reoccurring.

P.S: Speaking from experience. I've sufferred real leg muscle ache from long walks in dream. Felt so real.

Missyajoke:

Am being pursued in the dream

1 Like

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:
So just like that all the bad dreams just be gone.
How many people have you successfully helped through this process?
Well, let's look at this a different way.... did Jesus Christ tell you to believe in Him and the doctrines and tradition of men - your ancestral altars and demons are made of these- that which Jesus Christ declared were nothing but lies? undecided

By whose power were you attempting to ask her to evacuate these so-called ancestral powers by? The power of the same Jesus Christ that explained to you in Matthew 15 vs 1- 14, that your belief in these ideas that are not of Him, lies, neutralize the very power of God in your lives, driving you further away from God ? undecided

Did Jesus Christ not properly explain to you that only those who obey His teachings and commands are those who abide in Him and He abides with - John 15 vs 7 - 11? undecided

How many people have I successfully helped? I am not the Helper here...God Himself is the one who helps those who submit to and obey Him - His followers. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, let's look at this a different way.... did Jesus Christ tell you to believe in Him and the doctrines and tradition of men - your ancestral altars and demons are made of these- that which Jesus Christ declared were nothing but lies? undecided

By whose power were you attempting to ask her to evacuate these so-called ancestral powers by? The power of the same Jesus Christ that explained to you in Matthew 15 vs 1- 14, that your belief in these ideas that are not of Him, lies, neutralize the very power of God in your lives, driving you further away from God ? undecided

Did Jesus Christ not properly explain to you that only those who obey His teachings and commands are those who abide in Him and He abides with - John 15 vs 7 - 11? undecided

How many people have I successfully helped? I am not the Helper here...God Himself is the one who helps those who submit to and obey Him - His followers. undecided

I'm sure she knows that only God can help her.

But your rendering her advice is one way to help her as to how to solve the issue.

I'm sure if your advice is as you say certainly she'll not be here for advice.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:
I'm sure she knows that only God can help her.

But your rendering her advice is one way to help her as to how to solve the issue.

I'm sure if your advice is as you say certainly she'll not be here for advice.
What I have said so far is no different from that which Jesus Christ taught to His own disciples 2000 years ago. It is not my advice but that which the Law of God, Jesus Christ, commanded of those who belong to Him. undecided

If she was submitted to God and God alone, why then is she here asking for advice knowing that only God has those answers she seeks? undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What I have said so far is no different from that which Jesus Christ taught to His own disciples 2000 years ago. It is not my advice but that which the Law of God, Jesus Christ, commanded of those who belong to Him. undecided

If she was submitted to God and God alone, why then is she here asking for advice knowing that only God has those answers she seeks? undecided

What are you born again?
What makes or qualifies you to be born again?
Are you a christian?
What makes or qualifies you to be a christian?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:

What are you born again?
What makes or qualifies you to be born again?
Are you a christian?
What makes or qualifies you to be a christian?
I am sorry but why are you trying to deviate from the topic here? undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Missyajoke(f): 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
peggywebbs:
Nairaland, a land of ideas. Anyway have you heard the term, you can run but you can't hide.

Yep, you're giving yourself a lot of work and that's why you are exhausted. I'm sure you have prayed but I think the direction of your prayer should be, " Lord give me the strength to face my fears". I remember someone giving scripture then about.

"The Lord has not given us a heart of fear".

It may not be an attack but something you are supposed to face. Everyone's experience is different but until you face whatever it is, it's going to keep reoccurring.

P.S: Speaking from experience. I've sufferred real leg muscle ache from long walks in dream. Felt so real.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by jantman(m): 3:29am On Jun 18, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

So you can quote scriptures but you cannot put the source of those scriptures under your pillow when sleeping.

You can put it under your pillow but It is much more better if you use It to cut and destroy the root
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 4:44am On Jun 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry but why are you trying to deviate from the topic here? undecided

Nope, I'm not deviating.
I do know that apart from the Old Testament and the first 4 books or thereabout of the New Testament you see the rest of the other books as not in line with the teachings of Christ Jesus.......so I need to know your response to the question.

Also the advice you're giving the Op does not seem like you truly believe it would work except on just having a head knowledge and not necessarily how to apply it.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 5:18am On Jun 18, 2021
perezeghi:

Nope, I'm not deviating.
I do know that apart from the Old Testament and the first 4 books or thereabout of the New Testament you see the rest of the other books as not in line with the teachings of Christ Jesus.......so I need to know your response to the question.

Also the advice you're giving the Op does not seem like you truly believe it would work except on just having a head knowledge and not necessarily how to apply it.
It is clear from the conclusion in bold that you dont really know much in way of my understanding of the Word of God. So, instead of turning this into some dick-measuring contest, I suggest we stay with the topic instead.

In the meantime, if any of what I have said so far is against God's own Law, which i am certain you understand to be absolute, feel free to point it out so we can carefully investigate the Truth of God in this. undecided

If you feel that applying that which Jesus Christ, God's own Law, commanded of all His followers, amounts to nothing but m having "head knowledge", boldly proclaim this. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by jantman(m): 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
@jantman
You are not God. So that's your opinion.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Image123(m): 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
Missyajoke:

Am being pursued in the dream

How on earth can you be pursued in your dream? i look forward to such a day, what an insult.

1 Like

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Image123(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
LordReed:

How about cell towers, any close to you?

You go still ask whether she owe NEPA. Dey there dey form literate.

1 Like

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Missyajoke(f): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
Image123:

How on earth can you be pursued in your dream? i look forward to such a day, what an insult.

Its not by force to comment now
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Missyajoke(f): 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Dreams are normal because our brains doesn't sleep when we do but at times it may be related to the presence of unseen supernatural being(s) around us.
Either way all we need is the protection of the highest authority both in heaven and on earth {Matthew 20:18} with the presence of God's Holy Spirit no evil will befall you if you believe in Jesus' ability to protect you as one of his subjects! Matthew 28:20

As for the dreams just feel your minds with sound teaching and demons will have no business with you!

When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through waterless places in search of a resting-place and finds none. Then it says, ‘I will go back to my house from which I moved,’ and on arriving, it finds the house unoccupied but swept clean and adorned. Then it goes and takes along with it seven different spirits more wicked than itself, and after getting inside, they dwell there; and the final circumstances of that man become worse than the first. That is how it will be also with this wicked generation. Matthew 12:43-45

When your mind is filled with sound teachings and your heart purified without the love of worldly material possessions, Satan and his demons will be irritated by what you possessed (the spirit of contentment) and the next thing they'll do is run away from you! James 4:7-8

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Thank you so much, maxuel I really appreciate you replying
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Missyajoke(f): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
judedwriter:

Night prayers are the only way out. (12-3am)

Witchcraft covens meet every midnight to curse people, send demons and manipulate destinies.

Thank you so much
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Image123(m): 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2021
Missyajoke:

Its not by force to comment now

You don't keep treating devils with kid's gloves. Don't be angry at me,be angry at and with the devil enough to put him where he belongs under your feet. Enough of this embarrassment.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by judedwriter(m): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
Bodydiialect57:

What do you mean by powerlessness in the night? Will the power in a person evaporates when night falls?

When you are spiritually weak at night I mean.... When you lack Bible study and prayer.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by LordReed(m): 11:53pm On Jun 18, 2021
Image123:

You go still ask whether she owe NEPA. Dey there dey form literate.

Lagbaja Nothing For You!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd-MeDtmIbA
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by jantman(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
@jantman
You are not God. So that's your opinion.

Did I tell you I am a God?

Will I share your trials with you? Not at all.

You previously asked me a question and I gave you my answer

Take it or leave it.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
The only solution is for her to always have her Bible under her pillow when sleeping.
I'm not saying she should not pray also but she cannot be praying when she is sleeping.

jantman:
@Missyajoke
@ThePlainTruth

1) If you put the bible inside your pillow before you sleep, it will not do you any help. Spiritually the bible is a sword and not a book.

2) if you want the bible to protect you, then you must harness the power of the word of God through prayer by praying and quoting the scripture below

Take my advice and pratice it in prayer as I give to you PROTECTION TIPS-

Pray @ night. Start your prayer with scriptures. Ask God to answer you accordibg to his word, pick scriptures and end your prayer like this

Lord Almighty
Protect and guard me in my sleep and in my dream as the scripture (Psalm 121:5) says that you would in Jesus anem

Lord Almighty
The Word Of God
Protect me from all danger and keep me safe as the scripture (Psalm 121:7) says that you would. In Jesus name

God Of Heaven
The Word Himself
Protect me in my going out and in my coming home as the scripture (Psalm 121:cool says that you would. In Jesus name

God.
I am calling unto you to save me as the scripture (Psalm 91:14) says that you would: in Jesus name

(Job 1:10)*
Protect me and my family and bless everything I do as the scripture (Job 1:10) says.

(Job 3:23)
As the scripture ( Job 3:23) says; Keep my future hidden from the eyes of the devils and (protect) me in every side

May this promise from the Lord(Psalm 91:16) be upon me and rest in my life- in the name of Jesus(x3) *f*

My mother
May this promise of the Lord (Zechariah 2:5) to protect You against all the witches- In Jesus name

David my brother
The Lord (Psalm 91:16) says; He will honor you and give you long life (In Jesus name)
---

I DECREE
The word of God (Zechariah 2:5) be a wall of fire round my MOTHER to protect her from all the witches.

Word Of God (Psalm 91)or(Psalm 121.5 or 7-cool protect my mother against all witches and caliroja spirit in the name of Jesus(x3)

May the Lord Himself (Psalm 91:3) Keep me safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly disease (In Jesus name)

Janet my sister:
May the Lord Himself (Psalm 91:4) Cover you with His wings to protect and defend you You (In Jesus name)

*My mother/brothers/sisters:
May the Lord Himself (Psalm 91:11) Put his Angels in charge of you all- to protect you all wherrever you Go (In Jesus name)

My mother/brothers/sisters:
The Lord Himself (Psalm 91:14) says; He will save and protect You: (In Jesus name)

My mother/brothers/sisters:
The Lord Himself (Psalm 91:15) says; He will rescue You from all troubles (In Jesus name)

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by peggywebbs(f): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
@Missyajoke hope you are sleeping well now...this is certainly an interesting thread.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Myer(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Regardless of whether the room was cursed or not, the truth is that if you're spiritually secure, they wouldn't be able to toy with you in dreams the way they're doing. Even if they tried, they'd fail as you'd be able to overpower them.

So even if you change rooms, as long as that thing in you that gives them that license to do as they pleased was still there, you'd still be vulnerable, because you're not free.

Quit the double life, and completely yield yourself to God so that you'd be secured.

Sin gives the devil access to our lives and the license to do damage.

So if you want a lasting solution not just a temporary one to your problem, you have to stop doing things that make you vulnerable to the devices of the devil.

God bless.

Jesus, I mean the real one in the bible, did not ask people to repent or become holy before healing them or casting out demons.

But then again, your own Jesus is the junior one so I understand you don't have any power, just advice.

It is well.
Then again, a man can receive nothing unless it is given to him from heaven. John 3:27
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Missyajoke(f): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
peggywebbs:
@Missyajoke hope you are sleeping well now...this is certainly an interesting thread.

Yes, am sleeping well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Losing My Faith In Christianity / Sunday Service Message Of Dunamis Church By Pastor Sunday Onoja / Hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.