Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

What You Should Know About Some Interviews - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What You Should Know About Some Interviews (9258 Views)

Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / 4 Workplace Politics You Should Know About & How To Manage Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Know About Some Interviews by KazikageSama: 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sometime ago I applied for a role at a very popular multinational. I prepared hard for it like my life depended on it (cos it was my dream company). I had 3 levels of interview including working on a project and making presentations to someone who'd be my Manager and a colleague. The feedback from my sessions were very encouraging that I was already preparing to have a contract negotiation.

Then I didn't hear from the coy for a long time, I did multiple reminders to the internal recruiter but most went unanswered until after a month, she responded that although my performance was good and my experience was impressive but they have decided to go with an "Internal solution".
What the heck is "Internal solution"? I later learnt that the entire interview process was a facade. The recruiter and managers already agreed to fix another employee into the role but for sake of audit and crossing all Ts, they decided to interview external candidates for the same role but regardless of our performance, we didn't stand a chance. It was just feigned transparency.

I imagine how many candidates get called up for interviews, they prepare with everything they've got, have sleepless nights to brush themselves up, put on their best appearance and abandon all the other serious things they could have done because they believe their prayers have been answered. Unfortunately when the feedback is sent and they are rejected. They'd beat themselves up, feel depressed and think they aren't good enough. Little do they know that they never really stood a chance. They were just a dot on the I and a cross on the T

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Layorec: 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
Oh wow

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Seniorwriter(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
Well this may be insightful for offline job seekers.
KazikageSama:
Sometime ago I applied for a role at a very popular multinational. I prepared hard for it like my life depended on it (cos it was my dream company). I had 3 levels of interview including working on a project and making presentations to someone who'd be my Manager and a colleague. The feedback from my sessions were very encouraging that I was already preparing to have a contract negotiation.

Then I didn't hear from the coy for a long time, I did multiple reminders to the internal recruiter but most went unanswered until after a month, she responded that although my performance was good and my experience was impressive but they have decided to go with an "Internal solution".
What the heck is "Internal solution"? I later learnt that the entire interview process was a facade. The recruiter and managers already agreed to fix another employee into the role but for sake of audit and crossing all Ts, they decided to interview external candidates for the same role but regardless of our performance, we didn't stand a chance. It was just feigned transparency.

I imagine how many candidates get called up for interviews, they prepare with everything they've got, have sleepless nights to brush themselves up, put on their best appearance and abandon all the other serious things they could have done because they believe their prayers have been answered. Unfortunately when the feedback is sent and they are rejected. They'd beat themselves up, feel depressed and think they aren't good enough. Little do they know that they never really stood a chance. They were just a dot on the I and a cross on the T
As for we freelancers we allow our works in portfolio do justice to any review or questioning.
ONLINE / REMOTE JOB is bae and comes with other freebies cheesy tongue

In another news if you have access to internet + browsing gadgets and you yet earn @least $5 daily via your online activities then it's your own undoing (Fault).
Princevirus:

Cut soap for the boys nah
The best soap(figuratively) to have is an Online Skill set plus a good Mentor /Mentorship!
Princevirus:

So can you be my mentor?
Do you have an Online Skill ? State it with proof....if I'm satisfied we then take it from there.

Bluezy13:

I am seriously planning on becoming a freelancer in copywriting, proofreading and editing, please can you help me with mentorship or suggesting a better field but not technological.
Please even if it should come with an affordable price as am a struggling guy.
Thanks
Just saw this now...
@BLUEZY13 just reach out to the facebook ID on my profile with your NL moniker as a message..you'll be attended to appropriately...

@Seniorwriter
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by NwaNimo1(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
Fulani was allocated that job........

[img]https://media./images/3a73d00434ae01efe8758730a2ecc747/tenor.gif[/img]

Shine your eyes.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by YosemiteDan: 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
rEALLY?
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by slawormiir: 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Na so na

Even life itself is a scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by xoxocandy(f): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
KazikageSama:

thanks for this
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by PlayerMeji: 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Hmmm
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Layorec: 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Chei
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by piagetskinner(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
Wonderful....

In other news, iPhone X 64gb for sale

Check second post on my profile
Thanks
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by SAMTOBIJU(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
This country ehn. Why waste people's time when you know it internal recruitment you are going to do. Sorry Bro.

6 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Lemmy123(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
We, the new generations of this country are angry because the reality is there's no job. I observed that most persons want to learn one digital skill or the other because of the constant awareness of the advent of ICT and the need to embrace it in order to be financially independent and free. Some persons don't know which skill to learn because they are availed with different informations which is getting them more confused. Some persons are not sure whether the skill they already have is lucrative enough, some persons want to know which skill is the highest paying skill so they could pitch their tent there regardless of whether they'd do well in that aspect or not. This disturbing questions and more is the reason we've created a WhatsApp forum where we meet with like minds who can teach us for free and educate us on what to do in such state of dilemma. You have a lot to benefit, but first, start by joining our WhatsApp forum
https://chat.whatsapp(dot)com/EiWH51SRf5U6XHhYPOABt1
Replace the the bracket with and the "dot" with "." thank you

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2021
Internal solution means they advertised the position and did the whole recruitment process just to fulfill all righteousness and satisfy the auditors. They already had someone (perhaps a staff) who they planned to give the position. But they couldn't just hand it to the person. They had to make it look like (s)he went through the process and emerged as the best.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by donPhill(m): 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2021
That thing de pain... Your our na even big firm, mine was a mushroom firm,, the manager decided to gift his brother the post
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2021
piagetskinner:
Wonderful....

In other news, iPhone X 64gb for sale

Check second post on my profile
Thanks

Interviewer: Do you
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by KazikageSama: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2021
SAMTOBIJU:
This country ehn. Why waste people's time when you know it internal recruitment you are going to do. Sorry Bro.

No man, didn't happen in Nigeria o. Sincerely, the company is a multinational. I was surprised say Oyinbo sef dey do am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by piagetskinner(m): 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2021
MykOnyxo:

Interviewer: Do you
Do I what?
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by KazikageSama: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2021
Someone7:
Internal solution means they advertised the position and did the whole recruitment process just to fulfill all righteousness and satisfy the auditors. They already had someone (perhaps a staff) who they planned to give the position. But they couldn't just hand it to the person. They had to look like (s)he went through the process and emerged as the best.

Exactly. You are so spot on.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Odunolumide(m): 5:30pm On Jun 16, 2021
Hmm
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Bighead95(m): 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2021
KazikageSama:

All is well it's just because there are limited jobs ...

Assuming the govt provides a well conducive environment for foreign investors and for individuals to carry out there businesses I'm sure there will be massive jobs in the country .....

Unfortunately we have bad roads

Zero security

Poor electricity

To make it through business in Nigeria is by the grace of God.......
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Melonny(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2021
KazikageSama:

Does the name starts with L and a French company? If it is, I worked there as HR for some time. I know how it works. For that role, someone in the company is already in line. They may be on contract and after doing the role for like 2 -3 years, they should become a full staff. So it is highly unlikely that they won't get the job..

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Princevirus(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Well this may be insightful for offline job seekers.

As for we freelancers we allow our works in portfolio do justice to any review or questioning.
ONLINE / REMOTE JOB is bae and comes with other freebies cheesy tongue

In another news if you have access to internet + browsing gadgets and you yet earn @least $5 daily via your online activities then it's your own undoing (Fault).

@Seniorwriter
Cut soap for the boys nah
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Dameland: 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2021
[quote author=KazikageSama post=102789570]Sometime ago I applied for a role at a very popular multinational. I prepared hard for it like my life depended on it (cos it was my dream company). I had 3 levels of interview including working on a project and making presentations to someone who'd be my Manager and a colleague. The feedback from my sessions were very encouraging that I was already preparing to have a contract negotiation.

I imagine how many candidates get called up for interviews, they prepare with everything they've got, have sleepless nights to brush themselves up, put on their best appearance and abandon all the other serious things they could have done because they believe their prayers have been answered. Unfortunately when the feedback is sent and they are rejected. They'd beat themselves up, feel depressed and think they aren't good enough. Little do they know that they never really stood a chance. They were just a dot on the I and a cross on the T[/quote

I will advice that you always go for a job that has multiple roles available if not, you are just preparing yourself well for a very grand disappointment.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by SmartyPants(m): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2021
There is nothing wrong with giving the job to internal candidates.

The proper thing to do, however, is to inform applicants that internal candidates will be given priority.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2021
piagetskinner:

Do I what?

It was an error.... I am sorry
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by bigdammyj: 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
Noted
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by sirblend: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
KazikageSama:

Bros!
Which one be T?

Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
Who will give me a job here in Abuja, no matter how menial and humbling it may be?
I'm really very sad and depressed. I'm even having suicidal thoughts, I can't feed. I'm starving. I need a job. Pls help me I beg of you all.
Re: What You Should Know About Some Interviews by BTGbenga: 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2021
Worksmi is just the best new platform to provide the best work opportunity for everyone in Nigeria.
You can display(FREE) your skills profile for people to request your service, or you can display(FREE) any work/task you needed done.
It operates like fiverr or up work.
This is better because:
It operate in Naira.
Its operate on bidding system.
Its protect both GIG Seeker and Giver with escrow system.
Its also support offline works/tasks at locations.
It gives daily login bonus that can be converted to cash overtime.
It has a DIY training of empowerment skills, e.t.c
Mobile friendly.

Perfect for anyone to get engaged and earn wages online/offline within Nigeria.

w ww. worksmi. com

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Promote 8,916 Senior Officers / Start A Business With Just N10,000 / Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.