Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) (46843 Views)

Pictures From The Commissioning Of Akwa Iboms New International Airport Terminal / Akwa Ibom Smart Airport Terminal Nears Completion (Pictures) / The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by afube: 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
rottennaija:

Fresh and blood did not reveal that to you. Let IPOB be there destroying what is left of their region while we are here preparing ourselves for what comes in the future.

you must be bipolar ! your moniker is totally incongruant to the rubbish you just posted!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by NkanAkpanika: 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
afube:

Ashamed of himself ! for what? Obiano constructed and by the end of next month will have delivered a modest but functional airport that Anambra state can actually afford ! whole construction delivered in 18 months or so. This victor atta airport has been under construction,one way or another since 2000.....that's about 20 years.
They wey you lie eeh , even Satan will surely be scared of you . How old is Akwa Ibom state that it's airport will be 20yrs.. airport that was build by akpabio 7yrs ago.
For your uneducated mine, Udom is building a new terminal for the airport not a new airport to compliment the old terminal and that job was inaugurated last year ok
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
afube:

you must be bipolar ! your moniker is totally incongruant to the rubbish you just posted!

You are welcome
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by afube: 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
CSTRR:
I trust this to be better than that nonsense that was built in anambra.

Igbos can build quality houses in their village,but to build quality infrastructure is a problem.

what is this one talking about now ?
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by afube: 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

They wey you lie eeh , even Satan will surely be scared of you . How old is Akwa Ibom state that it's airport will be 20yrs.. airport that was build by akpabio 7yrs ago.
For your uneducated mine, Udom is building a new terminal for the airport not a new airport to compliment the old terminal and that job was inaugurated last year ok

I am pretty sure that architect victor attah started the airport project, akpabio completed it and udom has continued with new international terminal! between attah and now is 21 years..............the Anambra airport ( runway,atc, and terminal with an 8 km dual carriageway incorporating a bridge was started in January 2020 and will be completed by july ending 2021. where is the lie oga sir.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by NkanAkpanika: 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
afube:

I am pretty sure that architect victor attah started the airport project, akpabio completed it and udom has continued with new international terminal! between attah and now is 21 years..............the Anambra airport ( runway,atc, and terminal with an 8 km dual carriageway incorporating a bridge was started in January 2020 and will be completed by july ending 2021. where is the lie oga sir.
Again akpabio started and ended it .. that was just 8 years ago wen Dana launch a flight at that zone . Atah purchase the lands but didn't build Jac Until Akpabio started n finished that airport.
Again Udom started the construction of the airport terminal last year.
Your satanic lies are 1. You called an 8yr old airport 21yrs , wen Akwa Ibom democracy is just 23yrs .
2. You said Udom is building an airport instead of a terminal
3. You lie by saying Akwa Ibom as been building this airport building terminal for 20yrs.. haba lie and get small conscience na.
Wen did VSK Construction landed in AkS for the airport terminal to be built for 20 yrs..
So stop being a sycophant ok
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by rollingrocks: 5:49am On Jun 18, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Again akpabio started and ended it .. that was just 8 years ago wen Dana launch a flight at that zone . Atah purchase the lands but didn't build Jac Until Akpabio started n finished that airport.
Your satanic lies are 1. You called an 8yr old airport 21yrs , wen Akwa Ibom democracy is just 23yrs .
3. You lie by saying Akwa Ibom as been building this airport building terminal for 20yrs.. haba lie and get small conscience na.
Wen did VSK Construction landed in AkS for the airport terminal to be built for 20 yrs..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akwa_Ibom_Airport#:~:text=The%20first%20phase%20of%20airport,flights%20to%20Abuja%20and%20Lagos.

Your Statement that " Victor Attah didn't build jac" is what I want to address. Facts are sacred!!!! I clearly remember the problems/petitions Attah encountered with especially the Oron people when Oron Road had to be realigned because the runway had cut the road into two. Other petitions against the airport were flying left, right and center but Attah was focused. You might be an Akpabio or Udom supporter but let's not try to distort facts. As correctly stated by Wikipedia the Airport construction started in 2006 (Attah left 2007) - we are not talking about the land acquisition, designs/surveys or getting approvals (both for the airport and Oron road realignment - Oron Road is a federal road) from FG which started earlier and is substantial work. As at 2007 when Attah left, all approvals were received, land acquired, Oron Road realignment had commenced, the runway was cleared, the MRO had started too. When Akpabio came in he changed the contractors (old contractors were too slow) and commenced building the interim terminal building (Inc. control towers etc) , completed the runway, apron, completed the Oron Road realignment, completed the MRO building(external) and landed the first plane (Arik Air) in 2009. Udom in 2015 has now come to construct the 2nd runway(ongoing) , expand the apron, continue work on MRO, establish Ibom Air, started the international terminal, link airport to the electricity grid(before it was powered by generators).

This is one project I have really seen continuity in governance from Attah to Akpabio to Udom. There is a reason the Airport is named after Victor Attah. So my brother Attah built more than Jac, the airport could have started earlier if not for his battles with FG with regards onshore/offshore oil dichotomy which he won in 2006 and started construction immediately. Akpabio was lucky to come in when Attah had won the battles and money was available for him to do all he did during his tenure with enough to squander too. Let's give honour to to whom honour is due at all times irrespective of our sentiments.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by NkanAkpanika: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2021
rollingrocks:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akwa_Ibom_Airport#:~:text=The%20first%20phase%20of%20airport,flights%20to%20Abuja%20and%20Lagos.

Your Statement that " Victor Attah didn't build jac" is what I want to address. Facts are sacred!!!! I clearly remember the problems/petitions Attah encountered with especially the Oron people when Oron Road had to be realigned because the runway had cut the road into two. Other petitions against the airport were flying left, right and center but Attah was focused. You might be an Akpabio or Udom supporter but let's not try to distort facts. As correctly stated by Wikipedia the Airport construction started in 2006 (Attah left 2007) - we are not talking about the land acquisition, designs/surveys or getting approvals (both for the airport and Oron road realignment - Oron Road is a federal road) from FG which started earlier and is substantial work. As at 2007 when Attah left, all approvals were received, land acquired, Oron Road realignment had commenced, the runway was cleared, the MRO had started too. When Akpabio came in he changed the contractors (old contractors were too slow) and commenced building the interim terminal building (Inc. control towers etc) , completed the runway, apron, completed the Oron Road realignment, completed the MRO building(external) and landed the first plane (Arik Air) in 2009. Udom in 2015 has now come to construct the 2nd runway(ongoing) , expand the apron, continue work on MRO, establish Ibom Air, started the international terminal, link airport to the electricity grid(before it was powered by generators).

This is one project I have really seen continuity in governance from Attah to Akpabio to Udom. There is a reason the Airport is named after Victor Attah. So my brother Attah built more than Jac, the airport could have started earlier if not for his battles with FG with regards onshore/offshore oil dichotomy which he won in 2006 and started construction immediately. Akpabio was lucky to come in when Attah had won the battles and money was available for him to do all he did during his tenure with enough to squander too. Let's give honour to to whom honour is due at all times irrespective of our sentiments.
Yeah you may be correct, in was only responding to that guy I quoted saying Udom as being building the new terminal for 21years ..
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Gamesmart: 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
lexy2014:

Is it because abia shares border with ajwa ibom that makes it south south?

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by afube: 12:31am On Jun 19, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

so land procurement is not a substantive part of a project?........i know for a fact that attah started work on that project before he left! what vsk is building is a new terminal, the runway and old terminal building was done by atta and akpabio.All the scope that I just listed was started and completed I anambra airport In 18 months.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by afube: 12:39am On Jun 19, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

You dey learn work for nairaland ! read the detailed interview of Attah in this article from vanguard!

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/vp-goodluck-jonathan-must-take-over-now-%e2%80%93-ex-gov-attah/
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
fashrola:

Doubting Thomas go and see work in progress in reality if you ain't satisfied with the pictures.......
I remember you. U use to hate on Akpabio saying he did nothing with the amount given to him but see u defending Udom...wow
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
Empiree:
This is what I like to see.

Black business by Blacks

I'm sick and tired of seeing White and Chinese faces in project like this in Africa

Was Airport a black man's idea?
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hespee93:

I swear, I don't know whata is special in bringing these white help us in doing things.

If not for the corruption that has already sink into avarage Nigerians brain, those westerners would be trailing us from the back.

I hope we wake up from our slumaber one day.

What a dumb comment.

Westerns trailing you in the back?
Are you high?
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Empiree: 11:31am On Jun 23, 2021
blueAgent:

Was Airport a black man's idea?
ki la wi ki ni nwi?
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2021
Empiree:
ki la wi ki ni nwi?

Clown
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Empiree: 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
blueAgent:

Clown
enemy of Black progress. Unpatriotic!

Nigerians, please keep tab on this traitor amongst you
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
Empiree:
enemy of Black progress. Unpatriotic!

Nigerians, please keep tab on this traitor amongst you

Becos i exposed your naviety.

If you had sense you would never compare yourself to someone who is miles ahead of you.

The irony is that without the same white man you would have not known about what airport is or how to construct it.

You can celebrate black achievements without been arrogant and foolish at the same time.

Those same black engineers you are celebrating spent 5years in university studying formulae, equations and laws developed and proved by whitemen.

From their primary school to secondary all the knowledge that made them qualified engineer was established by whites.

It Just shows your lack of indepth knowledge of how things are done

If you cannot respond with facts to refute my claim, you better not respond.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Empiree: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
blueAgent:

If you had sense you would never compare yourself to someone who is miles ahead of you.

The irony is that without the same white man you would have not known about what airport is or how to construct it.

You can celebrate black achievements without been arrogant and foolish at the same time.

Those same black engineers you are celebrating spent 5years in university studying formulae, equations and laws developed and proved by whitemen.

From their primary school to secondary all the knowledge that made them qualified engineer was established by whites.

what's all this rubbish?. Ontop of wetin

Na wa for you oo

All I said was "I like seeing Black people in black projects". Na so the thing vexed you?
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
Empiree:
what's all this rubbish?. Ontop of wetin

Na wa for you oo

All I said was "I like seeing Black people in black projects". Na so the thing vexed you?

I don expose your mumurity.

You don dey form sober.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by NikAustine: 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
rottennaija:

There is no technicality. South is South. See the map below.
From your map I don't get how you can call Edo south and call Cross River south when both are divided by the eastern state. ...something definitely aren't right there
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by NikAustine: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
eeetuk:
" A visit to the ongoing project at the Victor Attah International Airport, shows the main imposing frame conspicuously taking shape."

Greatest waste of public money by any government. Airplane travel is the service for rich people, not poor. 99% of Akwa Ibom state people are poor. That is the population group that government development and spending should be focusing on.

Subsidized public transportation is key index for state or city development.

31 local government's make up the state of Akwa Ibom state. I think it will be well served if Governor Udom Emmanuel buy buses and turn them into public transportation to move citizens around all the local governments in the state . That will create immediate jobs opportunities for locals to work, earn incomes and to put food on the table for families.

How Udom Emmanuel came into power predicted his failure. He came to power through fraudulent means. I am so glad he has failed woefully!
N
There is nothing where Una type no go complain for..
He build roads...you will say Akwa ibok doesn't need roads ..cause it has good roads.
He build industries.. you will say na Audio industries etc.
He build 21 story building...you say it a waste of money.
Is there anything you guys won't complain or show your badbelle on? Mtcheeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by NikAustine: 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
eeetuk:
" A visit to the ongoing project at the Victor Attah International Airport, shows the main imposing frame conspicuously taking shape."

Greatest waste of public money by any government. Airplane travel is the service for rich people, not poor. 99% of Akwa Ibom state people are poor. That is the population group that government development and spending should be focusing on.

Subsidized public transportation is key index for state or city development.

31 local government's make up the state of Akwa Ibom state. I think it will be well served if Governor Udom Emmanuel buy buses and turn them into public transportation to move citizens around all the local governments in the state . That will create immediate jobs opportunities for locals to work, earn incomes and to put food on the table for families.

How Udom Emmanuel came into power predicted his failure. He came to power through fraudulent means. I am so glad he has failed woefully!

Badbelle ...it is you that is a failure. How did udom Emmanuel failed?
Because he no buy buses for una....na by force? Buy for yourself na.
If him buy tomorrow una go say him give in local govt people...say na connection
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
blueAgent:

Don't mind that empty head. After God na white man even if we lie to ourselves e no change anything. The English I am using is whiteman's own.

May God continue to bless white men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
NaijaReCrminals:
Don't mind that empty head. After God na white man even if we lie to ourselves e no change anything. The English I am using is whiteman's own.

May God continue to bless white men.

True bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) / 10 Most Popular Structures In Lagos And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.