Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured (1431 Views)

A Jesus-like Shape Figure Captured Riding An Horse In The Sky (see Photos) / A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) / Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured by BeeMe: 3:54pm On May 05, 2011
WASHINGTON: Osama bin Laden was not carrying a weapon when he was killed by US troops [/b]in a fortified house in Pakistan, the White House said Tuesday, as it revised its initial account of the night time raid. Members of a Navy Seals team burst in on bin Laden in the compound where he was hiding and shot him in a room on the third floor, after a fierce gun battle with other operatives of al-Qaida on the lower floors.

Bin Laden's wife, who was with him in the room, "rushed the US assaulter and was shot in the leg but not killed," said the White House spokesman, Jay Carney, reading from the brief account, which was provided by the Defense Department. "Bin Laden was then shot and killed. [b]He was not armed.
"

Carney said that bin Laden's lack of a weapon did not mean he was ready to surrender, and he and other officials reiterated that this was a violent scene, that there was heavy fire from others in the house and that the soldiers did not know whether the occupants were wearing suicide belts or other explosives.

Still, the account diverged in some respects from one offered Monday by the president's chief counterterrorism adviser, John O. Brennan. He had said bin Laden was "engaged in a firefight with those that entered the area of the house he was in," adding, "whether or not he got off any rounds, I frankly don't know."

Brennan also said then that bin Laden used his wife as "human shield" to protect himself from gunfire. But officials now say that the death of another woman killed in the crossfire on another floor led them to draw that false conclusion.
Re: Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured by StUwem: 3:21pm On May 06, 2011
usama shouldn't have been killed if there was a way to capture him life, American soldiers shot at him from a distance, why because usama and his cohorts were well armed.
Re: Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured by skypopson(m): 5:37pm On May 06, 2011
Why on earth was he shotted if he in particular was unarmed.all this osama tin is becoming to look lyk america acting movie wit the world
Re: Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured by shocky(m): 6:32pm On May 06, 2011
I believe Osama shouldn't hv been killed. I'm nt even sure if he's really d 1 killed. I'm thinking its an attempt to win d heart of Americans by Obama's administration. They should show the world d pictures of corps.
Re: Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured by JayKid1(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2011
I believe something fishy is going on some where as the dots just don't connect. lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured by Redmosquito(m): 11:37pm On May 06, 2011
i think he should have been captured and well tortured before being killed about 2 years later (the us can easily make up an xcuse) angry .
i dont even think they killed him ( no pix ) undecided , disturbing pics my ass
Re: Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured by tpia5: 2:27pm On May 07, 2011
It's all one to me @ topic.

That situation room photo looks staged, imo. What was in the blurred out picture on the table btw.
Re: Do You Think Osama Should Have Been Killed Rather Than Captured by ugosly(m): 2:42pm On May 07, 2011
I believe killin OBL on d spot(wether armd or not) was perfect,because any attempt by US soldiers 2take him in alive would hav sparkd off a worldwide series of attacks &hostage taking in negotiation 4 his release.Hence the US killin him &also shroudin the pics in secrecy is simply 2 downplay watever matyrdom his followers might make of him or his death.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Today's My Birthday / THE BEST Moniker On Nairaland (my Opinion) / Seun Should Declare His Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.