Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. (2372 Views)

Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. / I sell Amazon Gift cards & I can use my cards for your checkout / Please Help!!facebook Keeps Rejecting My Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. by Penguin2: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
I’ve been trying to make a payment to a certain website through PayPal but PayPal keeps rejecting my cards. It has rejected 3 cards already and this is frustrating.

First was GTBANK Naira MasterCard. I later found out I can’t use the naira MasterCard for such payments.

Second was UBA MasterCard and the bank told me it’s eligible for payments on PayPal with maximum spending of $100 per month. After a first transaction of $10 went successfully, PayPal started saying “This Card cannot be used to make this payment” and that was it. They started rejecting the card.

Now I went back to GTBANK and got a Dollar Prepaid MasterCard and deposited $200 in it because GTBank customer care told me the dollar MasterCard is eligible for payment anywhere but PayPal is still rejecting it.

Who uses PayPal? Please what do I do? This is so frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. by jfking2005(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
My friend i have been there before and i used GTB dollar card and its well accepted, just ensure the card details is updated correctly and also make sure you are able to prove the means of identification, they will require that all your information is consistent across board. They will send a authentication code to your registered mobile number as a means of verification once you received it and use it to validate, finally ensure you enabled authentication anytime you want to log-in... this is also very important once all is passed they will open it for you.
Lastly they will perform their own debit transaction (very small amount) to validate your card but the money will be refunded within 3-5 days....but this runs in parallel anyway.................then good to go!!

1 Like

Re: Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. by Penguin2: 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
jfking2005:
My friend i have been there before and i used GTB dollar card and its well accepted, just ensure the card details is updated correctly and also make sure you are able to prove the means of identification, they will require that all your information is consistent across board. They will send a authentication code to your registered mobile number as a means of verification once you received it and use it to validate, finally ensure you enabled authentication anytime you want to log-in... this is also very important once all is passed they will open it for you.
Lastly they will perform their own debit transaction (very small amount) to validate your card but the money will be refunded within 3-5 days....but this runs in parallel anyway.................then good to go!!

Trust me, I’m frustrated.

I think my details are consistent across board. And there’s no authentication they sent that I declined.

Lalasticlala, mynd44, can u get this to fp so I can get more views please?
Re: Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. by jfking2005(m): 7:10am On Jun 18, 2021
Penguin2:

Trust me, I’m frustrated.

I think my details are consistent across board. And there’s no authentication they sent that I declined.

Lalasticlala, mynd44, can u get this to fp so I can get more views please?

Have you been able to link the card successfully with your PayPal??
If that process failed then all transactions will fail

Your problem is because they rejected few actions from your account that made them flagged it

Pls chat them up on their platform , they have customer service instant message platform and they will assign someone to help you

They will look at your card back end and advise you
I am telling from personal experience
I faced same problem last December when my GTB Dollar card expired but I followed through and get it sorted .
They thought it was a scam til I chat them up and they verified me through my registered mobile.
Once that was done they advised me on other aspects and my card was successful registered and payment went through.
Re: Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. by Penguin2: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2021
jfking2005:

Have you been able to link the card successfully with your PayPal??
If that process failed then all transactions will fail

Your problem is because they rejected few actions from your account that made them flagged it

Pls chat them up on their platform , they have customer service instant message platform and they will assign someone to help you

They will look at your card back end and advise you
I am telling from personal experience
I faced same problem last December when my GTB Dollar card expired but I followed through and get it sorted .
They thought it was a scam til I chat them up and they verified me through my registered mobile.
Once that was done they advised me on other aspects and my card was successful registered and payment went through.

Thank you baba!

First, I successfully linked the card to my account and even got a mail notification to that effect.

Second, I’ve tried chatting them up and they said they have limited customer care staffing due to Covid restrictions.

Because I wanted them to look at my card from their end and tell me what the issue is.

What I am yet to understand is why they rejected my UBA MasterCard after first payment through that same card was successful.
Re: Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. by jfking2005(m): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2021
Actually i dont use UBA card but GTB $ card so i may not speak for or against that.

However, While calling the customer care number they will give you that announcement of COVID palava but use chat instant messenger platform they will assign someone to work with you.

i can tell you for free, its because your account was flagged due to multiple card you've tried. Until you follow through , you will NEVER scale through.

Online transactions in Nigeria are flagged round the globe, firms who permit such transactions take further precaution to avoid story that touch that we claimed as smartness , its not our fault but that's where we found ourselves.

Just take the pain and you will be sorted..

cheers!
Re: Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. by maik99(m): 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
jfking2005:
Actually i dont use UBA card but GTB $ card so i may not speak for or against that.

However, While calling the customer care number they will give you that announcement of COVID palava but use chat instant messenger platform they will assign someone to work with you.

i can tell you for free, its because your account was flagged due to multiple card you've tried. Until you follow through , you will NEVER scale through.

Online transactions in Nigeria are flagged round the globe, firms who permit such transactions take further precaution to avoid story that touch that we claimed as smartness , its not our fault but that's where we found ourselves.

Just take the pain and you will be sorted..

cheers!

thanks for this..worked!!
Re: Help! Paypal Keeps Rejecting My Cards. by Leyda: 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
https://nicelocal.ca/

(1) (Reply)

Pics: Dangote Largest Urea Fertilizer Plant In The World Located In Lagos / Share With Us Those Extraordinary Things You Think You Can Do To Get Rich / Insatiable Human Wants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.