Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Complain For Adjustment/review Of Undue Charges On Account No: 02/31/41/8367-01 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Complain For Adjustment/review Of Undue Charges On Account No: 02/31/41/8367-01 (177 Views)

Plan Adjustment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / Lagos Newly Land Use Charge Receives Adjustment Days After Public Resistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Complain For Adjustment/review Of Undue Charges On Account No: 02/31/41/8367-01 by Murphylink(m): 6:42am On Jun 18, 2021
After 20 of complain through the official channel of EKEDC with no response. I think it's better to go public with the social media

The Manager
Eko Electricity Distribution Company
Lagos.

Attention: Ijora Business District

Dear Sir,

RE: COMPLAIN FOR ADJUSTMENT/REVIEW OF UNDUE CHARGES ON ACCOUNT NO: 02/31/41/8367-01

I gave an instruction to Mr. Akeem Bankole, the EKEDC marketer in my area that my apartment at Market Street, Oyingbo, Lagos Mainland is temporarily not been occupied, that electricity being supplied to the apartment should be disconnected pending when I will returned.

Precisely, this clear instruction for disconnection was given on Thursday, 21st of October, 2020.

Before this instruction for the disconnection of electricity to my apartment, there was an electricity consumption net arrears of N3,279.20 and current electricity consumed as at the month of September, 2020 is N3,600.00 with VAT of N270 only. Therefore, the debt on the account for my apartment as at September, 2020 was N7,149.20.

On 22nd of September, 2020, N6,000 was pad on from the outstanding debt of N7,149.20 with balance on the bill to be paid stands at N1,149.20.

Furthermore, with the instruction given earlier for the disconnection, the apartment has being without electricity supply since October, 2020 because it is not being occupied by anybody.

On Tuesday, 2nd of March, 2021, following the same process and procedure for the disconnection of electricity to my apartment. I informed the marketer of my intention of returning soon to the apartment and the reconnection of the electricity to the apartment.

He said they can only reconnect the apartment only when there is re-activation of electricity bill for the apartment.

Ever since then, I kept calling to remind him of my intention for the reconnection of the electricity to the apartment and he always insist that nothing can be done concerning the reconnection until there is a bill for the apartment.

After waiting for about 48 days without any bill and nothing from the marketer concerning the reconnection, I returned to the apartment without nay electricity on Monday, 19th April, 2021. After returning to the apartment without electricity I increased my calls to the marketer concerning the bill and reconnection of the electricity. It was during one of my series of calls to him on Tuesday, 11th of March, 2021, that he told me to check a place that he had dropped the bill about 2 days earlier.

I immediately went to search and I saw the new bill. To my biggest surprise, what really amazed me was that, I was been charged for services that I did not enjoyed or rendered by EKEDC.

On the new bill, my apartment that was under locks and not being occupied and electricity cables cut-off by EKEDC officials since October was billed for November and December for 92,790.80 and also billed for the waiting period for reconnection in April, 2021 for N17,189.04 with VAT of 1,289.18.

Looking back to the history of previous electricity bills for the apartment because it is a room and a parlour apartment with the following appliances:

4 units of 5 watts energy saving bulbs
1 standing fan
1 fridge, and
1. Television

I am appealing to the management of EKEDC with there officials to kindly inspect to verify my claims on energy being consumed and carefully look into the outrageous bill(s) because the last two (2) bills before this issue, for the month of July and August, 2020 were 2,976 and 3,600 respectively.

Lastly, my prayees are the sudden increment of about 600%?

Why am been charged for energy not consumed when it was there officials that disconnected my apartment based on my instruction.

I have asked for pre-paid meter and there has never been any positive response from their officials. Why?

Thank you.

murphylink2000@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (Reply)

Pilling Sheet For Sale In Port Harcourt / 5bedrooms Fully Detached Duplex House With BQ +pool For Sale In Lekki Lagos / Urgent Request: Any 5 Bedroom Apartment In Omole Phase 1 Or Phase 2. For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.