Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,281 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) (62426 Views)

Hassan & Hussaini Muhammad Nawad Design Cooking Stove That Uses Water, Petrol / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video) / Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by GerogeI(m): 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2021
Sailor22:

Our stupid govt will not encourage him.
North and South,we need each other.

Let's yearn for good leadership,not seccesoon

We need to seperate peacefully to grow. Not spending so much resources trying to outdo and dominate each other. Every election, Naira inflates drastically. Can you imagine pouring all that money into manufacturing instead?

When you can, go to market buy three broiler or local chicken. Come back and tie all there left legs together in one bundle. Leave them outside and come back in 24hr . They won't be further than 3 m from where you left them. That's exactly what Britain did with Nigeria.

So we need to seperate not because of kanu buhari or tinubu. But because that's the only way we can build a future for our children, and for Africa

3 Likes

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by GerogeI(m): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Dangrace01:

interesting.

If it's this small we suppose to have cars running on water everywhere, what do you think?

That's your hybrid electric cars using fuel cells, the reversing of hydrolysis. Toyota has them. The technological barrier is the storage of hydrogen.

Hydrogen explodes like mad on contact with heat sources. Some development releases hydrogen from hydrocarbon like lpg, but it generates too much wasted heat. Hence is only suited to combined heat and electricity applications for good efficency, not cars.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Jeetech01(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
This is creativity of the highest order
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by cactusJack(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
Godstiger:
I see no how a fire could be produced via solar energy,it can only produce heat energy..my thought
youi thoughts are invalidi as fire is clearly visible in the pic cool
Godstiger:
I see no how a fire could be produced via solar energy,it can only produce heat energy..my thought
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Bionic07: 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2021
ViolentMooslim:

I wish you didn't intend sounding Intelligent. If you had made this statement with an intention to be corrected, you would have been better.

But let me help you. Since you like helping people.

When you see any flame (flare), it is not just light as in radiation from electric cooker. But it is gas. Flames are gases emanating from the thermal degradation of matter.

So, if you see flare, it means that it has nothing to do with solar energy. If the purpose of the solar was to cause a spark as you foolishly explained, then the guy has succeeded in fooling himself in developing a system that consumes resources for less work.

Even modern day gas cooker have a spark lighter that last for the life time of the cooker and don't need any external energy source.

Infact, I feel stupid for responding to you.

And yes, you have just prove yourself and the whole north to be a quota system people, trying hard to fight their Inferiority complex by celebrating rubbish so as to stand in par with people who celebrate the same rubbish they call INVENTION too.
[color=#006600][/color]

Brilliant submission.
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Lordbinsmar: 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:
[s][/s]No more Gas and kerosene as a man From Bauchi State invent A Solar Stove(pic)

Nigerian man invents suncooker that uses the light of day to cook meals in Bauchi. Engineer Hamza Abubakar Ningi will be cutting expenses on kerosene with this solar stove. I hope the idea is improved upon and the cooker produced on a bigger scale.[s][/s]

Fulani herdsman grin grin grin do you think that every body on nairaland is an ignorant like you?

Solar irradiance can be converted into direct heat energy using a solar collector for direct heating purpose which can actually be used for cooking if properly designed. But base on my engineering knowledge, I don't think domestic cooking is a good application of this technology. Other application such as space heating, concentrated solar power for electricity generation is more suitable for this technology.

Solar irradiance can also be converted into electric energy using a solar photovoltaic cell.

No way on earth can you convert solar irradiance into flames as shown in your pictures.

To have a flame (fire), you need a combustible material (or fuel), oxygen and heat source.

2 Likes

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by jendoslim(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
ViolentMooslim:

Young Man, if it's solar, there won't be any flame, yellow, blue, black, white, invisible, etc. There won't be any flame.

Correct sir.

I was talking from the viewpoint of clean energy

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Alibobo2021: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2021
If only the government encourage the youth to think and be creative, also create an enabling environment for us to succeed,the youth will shock Africa and the world.but...
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
GerogeI:
Both sides of the ongoing argument are rather hilarious.

You can use the solar pv cells to generate electricity, then use the electricity to power an electrolyser to produce hydrogen and oxygen from water, then burn the hydrogen. You can also choose some other chemical to electrolyse.

Down side is 1. Cumulative energy efficiency will be very low, less tha 10%. But since we have sun light abundantly, it's not wastage economically, but just high capital equipment cost to cook

Downside 2. The real danger, is that hydrogen is explosive. Not something you play with in domestic environment.

Am still suspicious of that flame though, it burns more like a hydrocarbon.

Now.......

Does that yellow box there look like an electrolyzer?

Does that puny solar panel look like something that can drive such a reaction?

Also,

Does that flame look like a clean hydrogen combustion?

2 Likes

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Godswrath(m): 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2021
Kudos to the inventor, this is all we want across the country. Guess the inventor must be an Hausa man, they are hard working Habe, before the blood sucking fulanis corrupted them.
Fulanis only know about cow this, opening grazing route that,
If you doubt it ask the man in Aso villa.
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Sleekfingers: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:
No more Gas and kerosene as a man From Bauchi State invent A Solar Stove(pic)

Nigerian man invents suncooker that uses the light of day to cook meals in Bauchi. Engineer Hamza Abubakar Ningi will be cutting expenses on kerosene with this solar stove. I hope the idea is improved upon and the cooker produced on a bigger scale.

wetin be this? In this 21st century....Thrash.......a primary student in china can do far more better ........

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Bahose(m): 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
Moneyboyz:
You showed us a gas cooker disguised as solar cooker, so your own solar cooker flares from a single wire or hose ABI how, or your solar converts air into gas which explains the hose or just like cigarette lighter, the solar only sparks fire to the gas.

Aboki no go kill us with stupidity.
If you showed us a hot plate, I would have said well done.
you are bad, you just spoke my mind boss

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Sleekfingers: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:

Nigerian man invents suncooker that uses the light of day to cook meals in Bauchi. Engineer Hamza Abubakar Ningi will be cutting expenses on kerosene with this solar stove. I hope the idea is improved upon and the cooker produced on a bigger scale.

shey this crap no go throw way person soup?

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Kubernetes: 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
Its a good thing that in the last 20 years, Northern states have been sponsoring their students to Asian Tigers universities to read medical and Engineering course. Their effort is now paying off
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2021
Vibes, kunu zaki, kilishi and gworo kowai...

Vibing to Mamman Shatta 'Na Tsaya Ga Annabi Muhammadu'
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Sunnyja: 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
skit66:

oga go read your book very well... that your illustrations doesn't match up wit wat is there.
educate yourself first
Person wey get F9 in Physics and A1 in Arabic language no need further education!

2 Likes

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by CyberHustle: 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:

Arrewa:
We are gradually getting there!!

I'm very surprised that most people in this part of the world still don't believe that solar power can ignite fire!!

So most Nigerians dont even know anything about solar thermal energy?

This explain why Africa is backward!!
The two bold parts appear to be contradicting one another.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Ashirioluwa: 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2021
This guy will receive financial help from early investors and government if this happened in a normal society
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by streetsoldier1(m): 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2021
What manner of scam are these people trying to cook up? He should explain the Physics behind this. Getting heat like hotplate is understandable but flare... i no trust this process

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by caesymore(m): 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
your claim is scientifically agreeable but does not define the type we just saw in the pics because I'm sure the burner there is not ignite to heat...
Arrewa:
now let me school you...

The electricity from a solar panel can be used to create heat to start a fire. A resistive heating element like a cigarette lighter, toaster or stove element could be used.

However, a photovoltaic solar panel is about 10–15% efficient. Using the solar heat directly through a magnifying lens is much smaller, cheaper and efficient (more like 80%) depending on the surface being heated.

Now let me give u example...

PV panels can cause fires if installed improperly, just as anything electrical can, by creating a spark.

One dey even use Google to debate me...

Later Una go dey shout quota system up and down!!!

But na una be the real quota system products!!
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by fringz11(m): 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
What a lie here.. solar energy and pipes plus gas burner head

2 Likes

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mikecold:

Your end product should be infared light not a combustible flare,

Infared light operates like your micro wave, just heat
I thought as much, how do you convert solar energy to combusting flame, it should lame and impossible, this thing is using a fuel

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by AsawanaDgreat: 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
Hausa Amaka
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
This is a candlelight na.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by IPIGSRMUMUS: 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:
now let me school you...

The electricity from a solar panel can be used to create heat to start a fire. A resistive heating element like a cigarette lighter, toaster or stove element could be used.

However, a photovoltaic solar panel is about 10–15% efficient. Using the solar heat directly through a magnifying lens is much smaller, cheaper and efficient (more like 80%) depending on the surface being heated.

Now let me give u example...

PV panels can cause fires if installed improperly, just as anything electrical can, by creating a spark.

One dey even use Google to debate me...

Later Una go dey shout quota system up and down!!!

Well stated.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Wakanakarue: 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
I'm not scientist but that fire I'm seeing will cook beans in 2days.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Godstiger(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
Well, i can show you a picture of me vomiting cash but it doesn't realy mean my stomach producess money
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Joetttimua1811(m): 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2021
So many big big English on this thread

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by rowrowland: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:
now let me school you...

We'll said. I'm sure those guys just commented based on subjective search... however the quota system matter for no come spoil this debate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm / Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! / Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.