Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? (1347 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Psalm 19: 7 The law of the Lord is perfect,
refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8 The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Peace, equity and justice are all tied to obedience to the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty.

A society that completely embraces - teaches and obeys - the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty will have no need for the law enforcement agencies.

A society that completely obeys and depends on the Ten Commandments will not need even a single jail/prison/correctional facility.

The Ten Commandments and the absolute and complete adherence to them, constitute what I call "bad market" to the forces of evil and wickedness of this world.

Obedience to the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty, our Father in heaven, which his Son - his begotten Son - Yahushua the Messiah, embodies, is the only foundation of the Righteous Walk. The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah must not forget this.

Those who disregard the Sabbath of YHVH hate them.
The adulterers hate the Ten Commandments.
The homosexuals/lesbians hate them.
The murderers hate them.
The thieves hate them.
Those who dishonor their parents hate them.
Those who hate their children - hate their children because they fail to teach them the way to eternal Life, obedience to the Ten Commandments - hate them.
Those who use "church" as a cloak for their demonism/satanism hate them.
Those who make and worship graven images hate them.
The liars hate them.
Those who cheat others hate them.
Those who manufacture and sell fake and substandard products hate them.

They all hate the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty because they are condemned by them

Only the Ten Commandments constitute the only template for equity, justice and fairness. Without equity, justice and fairness; peace cannot exist. Unless, of course, it is the graveyard kind of peace, you know, where no one questions the inequity, the injustice and the unfairness.

The Ten Commandments were given to humans for a peaceful and harmonious coexistence.

No part of the Ten Commandments was nailed to the stake.

They are the Law of life. The Ten Commandments are the Law of the Spirit of life.

The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah love the Ten Commandments because they are life and because they are energized and empowered by them.

They make us wise.

We must not stop obeying and teaching the great and awesome Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by iamyemiakins(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hmmm
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
Do you know any country, state, City, town, village or group of persons successfully living by this commandments?

Because if it's what God is using as a criteria for pure worship there must a at least one gathering of people excellently practicing what it says otherwise your God is a total failure if there is no gathering of people living by his laws! undecided
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Do you know any country, state, City, town, village or group of persons successfully living by this commandments?

Show me any country, state, city, town, village or group of persons where the Sabbath is observed and where sexual immorality, covetousness, stealing, lying, cheating, killing, etc, do not exist and I will show you a country, state, city, town, village, or group of people that has completely and absolutely embraced the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty.

MaxInDHouse:

Because if it's what God is using as a criteria for pure worship there must a at least one gathering of people excellently practicing what it says otherwise your God is a total failure if there is no gathering of people living by his laws! undecided

What is your God using as a criterion for pure worship?
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
elated177:

Show me any country, state, city, town, village or group of persons where the Sabbath is observed and where sexual immorality, covetousness, stealing, lying, cheating, killing, etc, do not exist and I will show you a country, state, city, town, village, or group of people that has completely and absolutely embraced the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty.
This is really amazing!
Is it not because there is no place or gathering where this Ten commandments is working out that made me ask you this question in the first instance?

What is your God using as a criterion for pure worship?
Let's resolve the issue of Ten Commandments first before doing something else! undecided
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This is really amazing!
Is it not because there is no place or gathering where this Ten commandments is working out that made me ask you this question in the first instance?

Let's resolve the issue of Ten Commandments first before doing something else! undecided

Why do you find it hard to understand? Is it because the Ten Commandments are not working or because people have refused to embrace them? O di kwa egwu!

The proof of the pudding, they say, is in the eating. If you do not eat yam, how else will you derive the energy stored in it? If you do not immerse yourself in the water, how else will you get soaked. You need to think.

However, just so you know, the Ten Commandments, which Yahushua the Messiah embodies, are working marvellously in my life.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
elated177:

Why do you find it hard to understand? Is it because the Ten Commandments are not working or because people have refused to embrace them? O di kwa egwu!

The proof of the pudding, they say, is in the eating. If you do not eat yam, how else will you derive the energy stored in it? If you do not immerse yourself in the water, how else will you get soaked. You need to think.

However, just so you know, the Ten Commandments, which Yahushua the Messiah embodies, are working marvellously in my life.

That means each person should stick to what is working marvellously in his or her life so nobody is in any darkness as long as what they choose is working marvellously in their lives! smiley
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That means each person should stick to what is working marvellously in his or her life so nobody is in any darkness as long as what they choose is working marvellously in their lives! smiley

See, I don't have the time for puerility. If you don't have anything meaningful to say, quietly scram. Thank you.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
You need not be mad at me i'm just telling you the bitter truth, if your Ten commandments is working out anything in your life that's not noticable by other people {Matthew 5:13-16} then it's as good as dead {James 2:18-26} because everyone else knows what is working out in their lives! wink

elated177:

See, I don't have the time for puerility. If you don't have anything meaningful to say, quietly scram. Thank you.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by tobechi20(m): 1:14am On Jun 20, 2021
Adultery wt
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Karlovych: 1:32am On Jun 20, 2021
embarassed embarassed 5th Commandment "Thou shalt not kill"

1 Samuel 15: 3 "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 8:14am On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You need not be mad at me i'm just telling you the bitter truth, if your Ten commandments is working out anything in your life that's not noticable by other people {Matthew 5:13-16} then it's as good as dead {James 2:18-26} because everyone else knows what is working out in their lives! wink

He has called them my Ten Commandments?

Maxindahouse, you are an enemy of the Word of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth. Go away, demon worshipper.

Again, I don't have the time to chase tail with you. So, maxindahouse, go and continue to chase your own tail somewhere else. Take your anger and frustration somewhere else. Me no get the time for your bitterness. Thank you.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by ENEMYOFGOD6: 8:53am On Jun 20, 2021
grin grin
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by luvmijeje(f): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2021
elated177:

Maxindahouse, you are an enemy of the Word of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth. Go away, demon worshipper.

Again, I don't have the time to chase tail with you. So, maxindahouse, go and continue- to chase your own tail somewhere else. Take your anger and frustration somewhere else. Me no get the time for your bitterness. Thank you.

You have broken 3 out of the commandments What do I mean?

1. You bear a false witness (You called a human like you a Demon Worshiper)
2. You defiled the Sabbath day (You calling a human like you a demon worshipper on a Sabbath day)
3. You called God Name in vain(In bearing a false witness you called God's name)

Religion and hypocrisy is 5&6
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Maxindahouse the demon worshipper. Did he, for once, accept the rebuke?
Maxindahouse, you are an enemy of righteousness.
You, maxindahouse, are an enemy of the Word of YHVH Almighty.
YHVH Almighty can neither be mocked nor deceived.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
Deut 32 : 46 he said to them, “Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. 47 They are not just idle words for you—they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess.”
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
After this:

elated177:

Again, I don't have the time to chase tail with you. So, maxindahouse, go and continue to chase your own tail somewhere else. Take your anger and frustration somewhere else. Me no get the time for your bitterness. Thank you.

Then this:

elated177:
Maxindahouse the demon worshipper. Did he, for once, accept the rebuke?
Maxindahouse, you are an enemy of righteousness.
You, maxindahouse, are an enemy of the Word of YHVH Almighty.
YHVH Almighty can neither be mocked nor deceived.

The funny thing is i have left but you can't find peace even after leaving your thread.
Why not clinch to your Ten Commandments subscribers and forget about me nah? smiley
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Splinz(m): 9:36am On Jun 22, 2021
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. Romans 8:7.

The answer is obvious.

Law breakers, even in human societies, are naturally enemies of the State. They hate both the law and those who makes it, and will do everything to escape justice, until the long arm of the law finally catches up with them. That one keeps getting away with lawless acts doesn't mean the law isn't effective. However, criminals will always be criminals except they repent.

So it's no surprise, neither am I critical of anyone. I mean, how do you expect carnal people to keep a law and commandment that is "holy, just and good"? (Romans 7:12). That's impossible.

To keep a law describes in this glowing terms and qualities which depicts the very essence of God, then the keeper must have an equally essential component, and that missing part is the "holy Spirit". For the law is spiritual (Romans 7:14).

Simply put, the carnal mind does not have the holy Spirit and can never keep the Ten Commandments.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2021
lipsrsealed
Splinz:

The answer is obvious.

Law breakers, even in human societies, are naturally enemies of the State. They hate both the law and those who makes it, and will do everything to escape justice, until the long arm of the law finally catches up with them. That one keeps getting away with lawless acts doesn't mean the law isn't effective. However, criminals will always be criminals except they repent.

So it's no surprise, neither am I critical of anyone. I mean, how do you expect carnal people to keep a law and commandment that is "holy, just and good"? (Romans 7:12). That's impossible.

To keep a law describes in this glowing terms and qualities which depicts the very essence of God, then the keeper must have an equally essential component, and that missing part is the "holy Spirit". For the law is spiritual (Romans 7:14).

Simply put, the carnal mind does not have the holy Spirit and can never keep the Ten Commandments.

Going by your assertions, is it ok to say that more than 98% of those who claim to follow and worship Yahushua the Messiah are actually carnal minded and do not have the Holy Spirit?

@Bolded, aptly stated.

Jeremiah 13: 23 Can an Ethiopian change his skin or a leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

For as long as they can get away with it, evil people will continue to do evil. They have no single desire to change or repent. This is why the saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah will continue to call down the Sword of Judgement of YHVH Almighty upon the forces of wickedness.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Splinz(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2021
elated177:
lipsrsealed
Going by your assertions, is it ok to say that more than 98% of those who claim to follow and worship Yahushua the Messiah are actually carnal minded and do not have the Holy Spirit?

@Bolded, aptly stated.
By estimation, you're right. And this is of no surprise to those in the know.

Scriptures aside, how many people do you know that keeps the Ten Commandments? Interestingly, those who rejects the law somehow agrees that it is wrong to kill, commit adultery, steal, bow or worship an idol etc, the very things that the Ten Commandments forbids, and they even keep their 'own sabbath' which is wrongfully kept on Sundays or what is called "Sunday Services". Yet to these same people, the commandment has been "nailed to the cross" or kept for them by Jesus. But here's Jesus saying, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17).

Throughout scriptures, true servants of God are those who have the holy Spirit, from Old Testament saints down to the New Testament. David prayed, "Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me" (Psalm 51:11).

So yes, the majority are carnally minded or at best, led by what is called the "spirit of error" or the "spirit who now works in children of disobedience", for those led of the holy Spirit and of God, hears His words and keep His commandments (1 John 4:6, Ephesians 2:2). The righteous delight in the law of the LORD and meditates on it day and night (Psalm 1:2).

elated177:

For as long as they can get away with it, evil people will continue to do evil. They have no single desire to change or repent.

They will eventually repent. "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26).
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2021
Splinz:

By estimation, you're right. And this is of no surprise to those in the know.

The forces of evil and wickedness are infuriated by the Ten Commandments because they are condemned by them.

Psalms 119:105 105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

John 3: 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

The Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty are light. Those who practise evil and wickedness hate the light because it exposes them.

Splinz:

Scriptures aside, how many people do you know that keeps the Ten Commandments?

Scriptures aside how?

Splinz:

Interestingly, those who rejects the law somehow agrees that it is wrong to kill, commit adultery, steal, bow or worship an idol etc, the very things that the Ten Commandments forbids, and they even keep their 'own sabbath' which is wrongfully kept on Sundays or what is called "Sunday Services". Yet to these same people, the commandment has been "nailed to the cross" or kept for them by Jesus. But here's Jesus saying, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17).

Interesting, indeed.

Splinz:

Throughout scriptures, true servants of God are those who have the holy Spirit, from Old Testament saints down to the New Testament. David prayed, "Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me" (Psalm 51:11).

Every saint, servant or messenger of Yahushua the Messiah - of YHVH Almighty - has his Set-apart Spirit in him.

Just to add, I don't think there is anything like true or false servant of the Most High. One is either his servant or not.

Splinz:

So yes, the majority are carnally minded or at best, led by what is called the "spirit of error" or the "spirit who now works in children of disobedience", for those led of the holy Spirit and of God, hears His words and keep His commandments (1 John 4:6, Ephesians 2:2). The righteous delight in the law of the LORD and meditates on it day and night (Psalm 1:2).

Sublime!

John 10: 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

1 John 2: 3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

Splinz:

They will eventually repent. "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26).

To your assertion, I give the following Scriptures.

Exodus 3: 19 But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him.

[b] Job 5:12 He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success. 13 He catches the wise in their craftiness, and the schemes of the wily are swept away.

Micah 5:12 I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells.

Jeremiah 44: 15 Then all the men who knew that their wives were burning incense to other gods, along with all the women who were present—a large assembly—and all the people living in Lower and Upper Egypt, said to Jeremiah, 16 “We will not listen to the message you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord! 17 We will certainly do everything we said we would: We will burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and will pour out drink offerings to her just as we and our ancestors, our kings and our officials did in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. At that time we had plenty of food and were well off and suffered no harm. 18 But ever since we stopped burning incense to the Queen of Heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have had nothing and have been perishing by sword and famine.”

Jeremiah 44: 19 The women added, “When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes impressed with her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?”

Isaiah 26:10 10 But when grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and do not regard the majesty of the Lord.

John 15:  If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

Any need to explain those Scriptures?

Just in case you are not familiar with the following; you can read them up: Numbers 23 and 24.

I don't know if you're ready to hear the relevance of Ezekiel 36:26 that you quoted today.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Truly, the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty are the Light of this world and the salt of the earth. Everyone who follows them is also the light of the world and the salt of the earth. This Light is the archenemy of the forces of evil and wickedness.

The infuriation and frustration emanating from the souls of some people are alarming and hilarious at the same time.

Yes, the spirits of falsehood and false humility in the souls of many who claim to follow and worship Yahushua the Messiah are manifesting.

Truly, it is difficult for darkness to hide in the presence of the Light.

The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah must continue to obey and teach the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty. Let us continue to infuriate and frustrate the forces of evil and wickedness with our purity, honesty, holiness, truthfulness and righteousness.

Obedience to Yahushua the Messiah, the Word of YHVH Almighty, the embodiment of the Father's Ten Commandments, is the key.

Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by elated177: 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Deuteronomy 4: 12 Then YHVH spoke to you out of the fire. You heard the sound of words but saw no form; there was only a voice. 13 He declared to you his covenant, the Ten Commandments, which he commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets.

Deuteronomy 4: 14 And YHVH directed me at that time to teach you the decrees and laws you are to follow in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess.

Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Psalm 19: 7 The law of the Lord is perfect,
refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8 The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Peace, equity and justice are all tied to obedience to the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty.

A society that completely embraces - teaches and obeys - the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty will have no need for the law enforcement agencies.

A society that completely obeys and depends on the Ten Commandments will not need even a single jail/prison/correctional facility.

The Ten Commandments and the absolute and complete adherence to them, constitute what I call "bad market" to the forces of evil and wickedness of this world.

Obedience to the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty, our Father in heaven, which his Son - his begotten Son - Yahushua the Messiah, embodies, is the only foundation of the Righteous Walk. The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah must not forget this.

Those who disregard the Sabbath of YHVH hate them.
The adulterers hate the Ten Commandments.
The homosexuals/lesbians hate them.
The murderers hate them.
The thieves hate them.
Those who dishonor their parents hate them.
Those who hate their children - hate their children because they fail to teach them the way to eternal Life, obedience to the Ten Commandments - hate them.
Those who use "church" as a cloak for their demonism/satanism hate them.
Those who make and worship graven images hate them.
The liars hate them.
Those who cheat others hate them.
Those who manufacture and sell fake and substandard products hate them.

They all hate the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty because they are condemned by them
!
God's Laws are eternal and absolute, and Jesus Christ is God's Law in the Kingdom of God. Those who love Jesus Christ are those who carefully obey the details of the Law that is Jesus Christ, and no other Law.

Jesus Christ never asked His followers to obey the 10 commandments, nor the other 603 other laws that complete that set of Old. He gave to them a New Covenant complete a new set of laws to which He called them to submitting to and obeying.

1. Instead of “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.” , Jesus Christ declared that you cannot serve two masters - Matthew 6 vs 24. undecided

2. Instead “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”, Jesus declared that no harm will come to those who insult Him or God, but only to those who insult the Spirit of God, an act He deemed unforgivable - Mark 3 vs 28 - 30. undecided

3. Instead of "Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day", Jesus Christ declared “The Sabbath day was made to help people. People were not made to be ruled by the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord of every day, even the Sabbath.” - Mark 2 vs 27 - 28, essentially doing away with the need for a holy day. undecided

4. Instead of "Honor your mother and Father that your days may be long in the land that He have their fathers...", Jesus Christ instead declared that only those who abandon their parents and families for His sake are worthy Him and eternity in His Heaven - Luke 14 vs 26. undecided

5. Instead of “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”, Jesus Christ declared that even by simply lusting in your heart, you are already guilty of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 30 undecided

6. Instead of “Thou shalt not steal. ” , Jesus Christ declared that if you have in your hand something that your neighbor has need of, don't tell him to come tomorrow, give him that which he asked for - Matthew 5 vs 42undecided

7. Instead of "Thou shall not Kill", Jesus instead declared that “You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, ‘You must not murder anyone.[a] Any person who commits murder will be judged.’ But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell." - Matthew 5 vs 21 - 23

8. Instead of "Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor", Jesus Christ declared, " But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." - Matthew 12 vs 36 - 37 undecided

Jesus Christ said His friends are those who submit to and obey His teachings and His commandments. Are you a friend of Jesus Christ or are you a foe? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God's Laws are eternal and absolute, and Jesus Christ is God's Law in the Kingdom of God. Those who love Jesus Christ are those who carefully obey the details of the Law that is Jesus Christ, and no other Law.

Jesus Christ never asked His followers to obey the 10 commandments, nor the other 603 other laws that complete that set of Old. He gave to them a New Covenant complete a new set of laws to which He called them to submitting to and obeying.

1. Instead of “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.” , Jesus Christ declared that you cannot serve two masters - Matthew 6 vs 24. undecided

2. Instead “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”, Jesus declared that no harm will come to those who insult Him or God, but only to those who insult the Spirit of God, an act He deemed unforgivable - Mark 3 vs 28 - 30. undecided

3. Instead of "Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day", Jesus Christ declared “The Sabbath day was made to help people. People were not made to be ruled by the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord of every day, even the Sabbath.” - Mark 2 vs 27 - 28, essentially doing away with the need for a holy day. undecided

4. Instead of "Honor your mother and Father that your days may be long in the land that He have their fathers...", Jesus Christ instead declared that only those who abandon their parents and families for His sake are worthy Him and eternity in His Heaven - Luke 14 vs 26. undecided

5. Instead of “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”, Jesus Christ declared that even by simply lusting in your heart, you are already guilty of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 30 undecided

6. Instead of “Thou shalt not steal. ” , Jesus Christ declared that if you have in your hand something that your neighbor has need of, don't tell him to come tomorrow, give him that which he asked for - Matthew 5 vs 42undecided

7. Instead of "Thou shall not Kill", Jesus instead declared that “You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, ‘You must not murder anyone.[a] Any person who commits murder will be judged.’ But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell." - Matthew 5 vs 21 - 23

8. Instead of "Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor", Jesus Christ declared, " But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." - Matthew 12 vs 36 - 37 undecided

Jesus Christ said His friends are those who submit to and obey His teachings and His commandments. Are you a friend of Jesus Christ or are you a foe? undecided

I like this.
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
CharisEleos:
I like this.
A short story about Mr A.

Mr. A was a believer in Jesus Christ and he attended church service, regularly for over 10 years, at the cities largest megachurch , which sits about 20 minutes from his home. His pastor was a close friend of the family and taught doctrines and traditions that included a belief in living according to the Old Covenant Law of Moses's 10 commandments found written of in Exodus 20 vs 1 -17, along with and what is known as the two greatest commandments.

Being a firm believer in His pastor and his churches doctrines, Mr. A strived to live his life, in all ways,in accordance to principles, which he had memorized. He taught them to his kids and his grandchildren, believing in his heart that he was guided by Spirit of God and was indeed a son of God. undecided

For over 6 months, Mr. A had been having battling lustful thoughts of his neighbors wife, Mrs. B,. He tried every possible way to shake off the thoughts but they remained. He talked to his pastor who warned him that the devil was attacking him for being a devoted believer. The pastor advised Mr. A to fast and pray for a week, and ensure to stay away from any direct interaction with the Mrs.B in question.

Mr. A did as his pastor had advised but the lustful feelings lingered. Mr. A then took to consoling himself by believing that so long as he had not given in, and have sexual intercourse with the Mrs.B , he remained in the free and clear with God.

One fateful Sunday morning, on his way to service at his megachurch, Mr. A died in a car accident.

Fast forward to judgement day, and Mr. A is informed that one of a long list of sins he was condemned for was adultery , the very same sin he had battled the 6 months prior to his death against. Puzzled, Mr.A sought answers to defend Himself proclaiming that he never slept with his neighbors wife. undecided

However, unfortunately for Mr. A, had he paid close attention to the teachings of Jesus Christ, he would have noted how very very different the standards were between the Old and the New Covenant Laws. undecided
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A short story about Mr A.

Mr. A was a believer in Jesus Christ and he attended church service, regularly for over 10 years, at the cities largest megachurch , which sits about 20 minutes from his home. His pastor was a close friend of the family and taught doctrines and traditions that included a belief in living according to the Old Covenant Law of Moses's 10 commandments found written of in Exodus 20 vs 1 -17, along with and what is known as the two greatest commandments.

Being a firm believer in His pastor and his churches doctrines, Mr. A strived to live his life, in all ways,in accordance to principles, which he had memorized. He taught them to his kids and his grandchildren, believing in his heart that he was guided by Spirit of God and was indeed a son of God. undecided

For over 6 months, Mr. A had been having battling lustful thoughts of his neighbors wife, Mrs. B,. He tried every possible way to shake off the thoughts but they remained. He talked to his pastor who warned him that the devil was attacking him for being a devoted believer. The pastor advised Mr. A to fast and pray for a week, and ensure to stay away from any direct interaction with the Mrs.B in question.

Mr. A did as his pastor had advised but the lustful feelings lingered. Mr. A then took to consoling himself by believing that so long as he had not given in, and have sexual intercourse with the Mrs.B , he remained in the free and clear with God.

One fateful Sunday morning, on his way to service at his megachurch, Mr. A died in a car accident.

Fast forward to judgement day, and Mr. A is informed that one of a long list of sins he was condemned for was adultery , the very same sin he had battled the 6 months prior to his death against. Puzzled, Mr.A sought answers to defend Himself proclaiming that he never slept with his neighbors wife. undecided

However, unfortunately for Mr. A, had he paid close attention to the teachings of Jesus Christ, he would have noted how very very different the standards were between the Old and the New Covenant Laws. undecided

Hmmm... Yeah. I know what Jesus says about lusting after your neighbor in your heart which also translates to fornication.

Now, you know this feeling is a natural thing that is beyond ones control and requires serious self-control to put it in check.
It's something one cannot really stop from happening but can only control.

So are you saying, it's a sin for one to experience such feelings that is beyond them? Even when they are not willing to do it?
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
CharisEleos:

Hmmm... Yeah. I know what Jesus says about lusting after your neighbor in your heart which also translates to fornication.

Now, you know this feeling is a natural thing that is beyond ones control and requires serious self-control to put it in check.
It's something one cannot really stop from happening but can only control.

So are you saying, it's a sin for one to experience such feelings that is beyond their them? Even when they are not willing to do it?
1. The feeling is not a "natural thing". It only seems that way to those who have submitted to it as their lot or accepted it as a natural thing for themselves. Much like masturbation and any other sexual norms in today's society. undecided

2. You can gain control over that which you truly desire control over. More than a decade ago, it was even believed that addiction to nicotine was beyond our control and so may people sued tobacco companies and won millions too. Now, that ain't the case anymore, why? Because we now know better about addictions and how the responsiblity lies with the addicted,this and medical advancements. Now, you can quit smoking in a mater of days or even months. undecided

These feelings are not beyond you - definitely not beyond even your control. That thinking is itself a lie your mind has learned from being controlled to cling to and decieve you with, keeping you bound/enslaved to these desires. undecided

Did you know that there are pills that can help take away even those thoughts, albeit temporarily? undecided

3. Now, Jesus Christ,however, taught us that the way to obtain "deliverance" from these things that He declared sin is through KNOWING the Truth of God for only the Truth of God can set one free from bondage to sin. This since sin is disobedience of God's direct comandments/rules. undecided

What is the Truth of God? Jesus Christ, God's very own Law, and it is through continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments that you KNOW - John 8 vs 31 - 39. undecided

How do you submit and obey in this case? Everytime the thought comes, recall what Jesus Christ said and refocus your attention. Continue to do this for every sin, as defined on the teachings of Jesus Christ, and before too long, you will see that these thoughts no longer rule over you. undecided

It is important to be patient and also pay close attention to sin as defined in the teachings of Jesus Christ and not some other source. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Did you know that there are pills that can help take away even those thoughts, albeit temporarily? undecided

undecided

Really... How does it work?

Is it solely for suppressing sexual emotions or meant for other psychological disorders too?
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
CharisEleos:

Really... How does it work?
Is it solely for suppressing sexual emotions or meant for other ailments too?
1. Sure, there are pills meant for suppressing sexual urges. undecided

2. Also pills meant for other ailments that have the side effect of suppressing sexual urges. undecided
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Sure, there are pills meant for suppressing sexual urges. undecided

2. Also pills meant for other ailments that have the side effect of suppressing sexual urges. undecided

Hmmm.. interesting.

Now, won't it be a sin to use such drugs that suppresses the natural feelings God deposited in us?
That is, destroying Gods creation?
Re: What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2021
CharisEleos:

Hmmm.. interesting.

Now, won't it be a sin to use such drugs that suppresses the natural feelings God deposited in us?
That is, destroying Gods creation?
interesting question! undecided

Suppress natural feelings God deposited in you? Are you referring here to the same sexual Lust which God said is a sin against Him? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know What Destiny Really Is? / Symbolic Violence Against Muslim Pupils By Lagos State Gov’t / Only For Those Who Know Their Bibles: Old Testament Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.