Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria (539 Views)

Deontay Wilder Is From Edo, Nigeria / Deontay Wilder Shoves Off Tyson Fury During Fight Promotional Campaign (photos) / Heavyweight Boxer,mcgregor Flaunts Penis Erection On IG (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by boman2014: 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
Former World Boxing Champion, Deontay Wilder, has
disclosed that he has traced his roots to Edo State, Nigeria.

In a viral video seen by SaharaReporters on Saturday, Wilder
said he would like to go back home to learn about his culture.

The United States professional boxer said, “I want to go back
and learn more about my culture and information with things
about me. Once I’m done with what I’m doing, I’m going back
to see my tribe, Edo.

“I want to see my culture and my ancestors and learn a lot of
things. We all have lots of things that we are connected to
that we know nothing about. I’ll love to go there and do
research about my roots and my tribe.”

Wilder, who adopted the moniker “Bronze Bomber”, enjoyed a five-year reign as the WBC heavyweight champion between
2015 and 2020, losing his strap in a bout with Tyson Fury in
February 2020.

It is not immediately clear if Wilder’s realisation of his roots
informed his moniker, “Bronze Bomber.”

The Binis in Edo State are known for their expertise in bronze
works. Unfortunately, many ancient Benin bronze carvings
were carted away to the West during colonial raids.

After suffering his first professional defeat at the hand of Fury in a seven-round bout last February, the former WBC
champion will in July seek to reclaim his title as he takes on
Fury for the third time.

The fight is billed to be held at the T-Mobile Arena in Nevada
on July 24, and the winner would challenge Anthony Joshua.
Nigeria has been a force in world boxing since the 1940s,
producing top boxers like Dick Tiger and Hogan Bassey; both
undisputed world champions, Tiger at middle and light
heavyweight, and Bassey at featherweight.

Nigeria has had a fair share of boxing champions, producing
the likes of Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/20/deontay-wilder-says-he-hails-edo-state-nigeria

lalasticlala
Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by Kriss216: 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Buhari and APC will add this as one of their numerous achievements.

They'll be like... Deontay Wilder admitted he's from Nigeria during our administration.

Ndi ara!

8 Likes

Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by ncpat(m): 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
Our Edo pikin don come
Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by Wawelexy(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
ncpat:
Our Edo pikin don come
.... Everyone tryna relate.
Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by thamilet(m): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
Edo right now wild like Wilder
Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by pyyxxaro: 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
Edo witches wud be preparing to receive him cool
Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by insidelife22(m): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
Edo Una do'oo
Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by Quelme: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
You are welcome home son, to the cradle of ancient civilization.... May the spirit of Igodomigodos and the Ekaladerhans guide and lead you henceforth.... Iseeee!

Oba gha tokpere, Iseeeee!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by paulolee(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
that's nice...go arrange Sweet Edo babes for am...make DM drill wilder well n e no go lose fight again
Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by hisgrace090: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Let him be cautiouse cause there are many criminsls arround, the american soldier of imo state origin comes to mind how he was kidnapped and killed in his imo state home town living his wife and children traumatized.
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Heavyweight Boxer, Deontay Wilder Says He Hails From Edo State, Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
[quote author=ncpat post=102909564]Our Edo pikin don come [/quote
Did anybody tell him how wicked our witches are

(1) (Reply)

10 Amazing Facts About Cristiano Ronaldo You Probably Didn’t Know / Oliver Giroud Signs For AC Milan / PSG Put 10 Players On Transfer List To Fund Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.