Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful (365 Views)

The Lady Who I Pay To Park Keeps Offering Me Coconuts Until She Was Shown That I / Writerspay Is Offering 5 New Authors Free Accounts. Hurry! / Weak Offering, Weak Harvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful by generalpelu(m): 2:09am On Jun 21, 2021
There's no other way to say this than the blunt way. Any outsourcer offering below ₦2 per
word is ridiculous and disrespectful.

With the current rate of hike in prices of commodities in Nigeria, employers should be thinking of how to step up their pay rate.

Writing is not a side hustle. It's a full time job. No matter how flexible it is for some freelancers, it doesn't mean they don't expend worthy and quality time to come up with good jobs.

We deserve pay rate in commensurate with jobs well done.

Writers, up your game, no one will up it for you. If some of these outsourcers know it's no business of one one naira any longer, they will adjust.

Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful by Zhunnurayn(m): 8:52am On Jun 21, 2021
Well said, maybe the federal government will do something about it grin, or we will create an online association of writers, where we would enact laws governing payment, and pass it into law..Op come join me

1 Like

Re: Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful by CookingPot(f): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2021
Atimes they claim it's because they are out sourcing

1 Like

Re: Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful by Brunicekid(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2021
generalpelu:
There's no other way to say this than the blunt way. Any outsourcer offering below ₦2 per
word is ridiculous and disrespectful.

With the current rate of hike in prices of commodities in Nigeria, employers should be thinking of how to step up their pay rate.

Writing is not a side hustle. It's a full time job. No matter how flexible it is for some freelancers, it doesn't mean they don't expend worthy and quality time to come up with good jobs.

We deserve pay rate in commensurate with jobs well done.

Writers, up your game, no one will up it for you. If some of these outsourcers know it's no business of one one naira any longer, they will adjust.

Thank you.
You are very much right... Any pay less than 2 naira per word is not fair enough..

1 Like

Re: Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful by generalpelu(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
I have a group where we are a group of writers. It's not taken shape yet. But in a little way, we will help one another. Pass jobs around when we are occupied and build ourselves.

If you care to join, 08067541098, just message me.
Re: Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful by generalpelu(m): 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
I wrote for a guy recently, he paid ₦5000 for the article. Just over a thousand words.
Re: Offering Writers Anything Below ₦2 Is Disrespectful by NgoziLovelyn(f): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
You are absolutely right. That's why I have my own blog where I earn from my stories. I no fit shout.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Say No And Don't Feel Bad About It! / How Can My Story Get To The Front Page / Hire Me To Write Your Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.