Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction (1947 Views)

I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak / The Supernatural World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 2:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
As a successful student of life and traditions I am here to settle an ever so old score.to start with
Supernatural beliefs are beliefs in things that do not and cannot exist to the best of scientific knowledge, but which appear real to believers. Examples are the belief in god, angels, daemons, reincarnation, ghosts, spirits,rituals etc.
Having done an extensive research and visited tons of herbalists and traditionalists personally for my study I can very well conclude that spirits, rituals and charms are just superstitious belief,the only power it has is the influence it has on believers who are at the mercy of the traditions they grew up into.

When people are asked to justify their belief in such invisible beings, they often appeal to two things. First, to testimony: to reports of sightings, miraculous events supposedly caused by such beings, and so on(this testimonies has never been confirmed in the real sense). Any New Age bookshop will be able to provide numerous testimonies regarding invisible agency that might seem hard to account for naturalistically in terms of hallucination, self-deception, misidentified natural phenomena, trickery, and so on. Second, many will also claim a subjective sense of presence: they ‘just know’ their dead Auntie is in the room with them, or that they have a guardian angel, by means of some sort of extra sense: a spirit sense. Many contemporary religious folk believe they can sense divinity by means of some sort of god-sense.

If there really are no good grounds for believing such beings exist, however, why do people believe in them? There’s much scientific speculation about that but, as yet, no definitive answer.

One obvious advantage of positing invisible agents is that they can account for what might otherwise be baffling. I could swear I left my keys on the table, but there they are under the sofa. How on Earth did that happen? Someone died around my house and my Windows won't keep shut,the spirit must still be lingering around even though there is a strong wind coursing through the weather.
I think the reason why they are so many believers in this part of the world is because people need something to rely on,they need a safety blanket,they need to feel like they're not alone and they're accountable for Thier actions

I welcome arguments from from enlightened and matured minds,afterall no one is an island of knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
Feel free to chip in

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Adamgeneral12: 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
No problem. Just dey go to cemetery at mid nights for good one year if u no see the unseen come back here and call me names
OR
Try this one. Carry gun for night,come enter jungle dey find bush meat to kill,by the time u spend like 6 month taking those two step u will change ur mind.

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by peggywebbs(f): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
Your resume is incomplete. All you have said is you're a successful student in life and traditions.

1. What is your field of study?
2. What state do you come come?
3. What state do the herbalists you sought reside?
4. What enquiries did you make and how did you arrive at your conclusion?

5. What spells did you cast?
6. Did you make any attempt to conjure a supernatural creature.
7. Let me help you, get the sixth and seventh books of Moses. Do one of the spells or rituals there and test if it works. You have to follow the exact steps and recite the sayings properly by mediating.

If you can do this, let's hear your experience. Just try it alone without distractions.

PS: Even the science you're screaming has not denied the existence of the supernatural. They admit that they have not been able to proof it hence why research continues all over the world. Scientists are testing theories, looking for provable facts but none have expressedly concluded that because they can't prove it, it doesn't exist.

If you are a Nigerian and you don't believe in the supernatural, good luck to you. But I will say one thing, you are not being truthful to yourself.
Besides the supernatural is not limited or restricted to religion. If you don't believe in God, angels and the rest that's another thing but to comfortably deny an entire existence is ridiculousness at its peak.
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Juliusmomoh: 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Go to benin and do your research...

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
peggywebbs:
Your resume is incomplete. All you have said is you're a successful student in life and traditions.

7. Let me help you, get the sixth and seventh books of Moses. Do one of the spells or rituals there and test if it works. You have to follow the exact steps and recite the sayings properly by mediating.

If you can do this, let's hear your experience. Just try it alone without distractions.

PS: Even the science you're screaming has not denied the existence of the supernatural. They admit that they have not been able to proof it hence why research continues all over the world. Scientists are testing theories, looking for provable facts but none have expressedly concluded that because they can't prove it, it doesn't exist.

If you are a Nigerian and you don't believe in the supernatural, good luck to you. But I will say one thing, you are not being truthful to yourself.
Besides the supernatural is not limited or restricted to religion. If you don't believe in God, angels and the rest that's another thing but to comfortably deny an entire existence is ridiculousness at its peak.
Just as I expected hearsays with no tangible real inputs, according to you I have to believe in supernatural because I am a Nigerian even though there is no logical theory that supports it. I understand that some of you just want to have something to believe in but that shouldn't close your eyes to the obvious.
This picture below shows the assortment of charms some gunmen weilded some few days back yet they were arrested and killed effortlessly.why didn't Thier charm work.

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
Adamgeneral12:
No problem. Just dey go to cemetery at mid nights for good one year if u no see the unseen come back here and call me names
OR
Try this one. Carry gun for night,come enter jungle dey find bush meat to kill,by the time u spend like 6 month taking those two step u will change ur mind.
Look here bro, I've frequent morgues a couple hundred times to get ice block very frequently seeing as how I live very close to one,I tell you today if you're scared of a dead inanimate object because of some schoolchild belief that it will wake up and hunt you then you should slap your self for being this silly.death in the FINITO, there is no single activity in the cemetery except the tricks your already weak minds play on you sir.
It is all in your head

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Go to benin and do your research...
Look at you,I was born in ijebu which is the juju capital of this country and hear me when I tell you I know better than you on this subject of discuss
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by peggywebbs(f): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
Again you have dodged my questions. You can't come on a public forum to argue blindly.

When you are ready, you can give a concrete answer to these questions I have asked and try my solution.

shogsman:

Just as I expected hearsays with no tangible real inputs, according to you I have to believe in supernatural because I am a Nigerian even though there is no logical theory that supports it. I understand that some of you just want to have something to believe in but that shouldn't close your eyes to the obvious.
This picture below shows the assortment of charms some gunmen weilded some few days back yet they were arrested and killed effortlessly.why didn't Thier charm work.
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by peggywebbs(f): 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hmmm.. you don't believe in the supernatural but here you are claiming your people's jazz is better than Benin City.... I can see you're free today.
grin

shogsman:

Look at you,I was born in ijebu which is the juju capital of this country and hear me when I tell you I know better than you on this subject of discuss
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Adamgeneral12: 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

Look here bro, I've frequent morgues a couple hundred times to get ice block very frequently seeing as how I live very close to one,I tell you today if you're scared of a dead inanimate object because of some schoolchild belief that it will wake up and hunt you then you should slap your self for being this silly.death in the FINITO, there is no single activity in the cemetery except the tricks your already weak minds play on you sir.
It is all in your head
Why did u think I u should do that for a year?
Don't u know that,those spirit appeare when people don't expect them?
If u try that for few times and u come across them,that means something is wrong somewhere.
Is when u have relent on going to buy pure water that u will know
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
peggywebbs:
Hmmm.. you don't believe in the supernatural but here you are claiming your people's jazz is better than Benin City.... I can see you're free today.
grin

Common this is common sense,where did I mention jazz being better,ijebu people believes in charms way more than your people, that is obviously what my statement is trying to portray
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Juliusmomoh: 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

Come and carry out ur reseach in kogi state (ibaji) na your dead body go commot there cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Adamgeneral12: 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

Shebi u said u are from ijebu?
U suppose to know why there chame faded off.
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
peggywebbs:
Again you have dodged my questions. You can't come on a public forum to argue blindly.

When you are ready, you can give a concrete answer to these questions I have asked and try my solution.

What part of I have visited tons of herbalists didn't you understand ma'am,this is pure logical research, common reasoning even,and I'm pretty sure my course of study doesn't have anything to do with any of this,by the way I am from ijebu and I'm pretty sure I'm way more intertwined with your supposed supernatural world than you.
And the fact that you think you can do a spell from a book of Moses shows how far you've been brainwashed ma,it is very funny actually.
One question please, could you show me proof of you conjuring a spirit,a video will suffice even.afterall we live in a global age ahn

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Come and carry out ur reseach in kogi state (ibaji) na your dead body go commot there cheesy
The ignorance of people like you baffles me, it's pulsating to say the least,all you do is assume and chatter without any reasonable input or evidence.i suppose you have access to this charms right,why can't you conjure a spirit to perhaps kill me today, I'll tell you why because your beliefs are as bogus and dumb as it can get, sorry for the language

2 Likes

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I don't need assumption ma'am,give me proof,read up on HYPOTHESIS and get back to me please
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2021
Adamgeneral12:

Shebi u said u are from ijebu?
U suppose to know why there chame faded off.

Chame?
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Adamgeneral12: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

Chame?

Na my error make u they find
U said u be ijebu? O ya answer now
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Adamgeneral12:

Na my error make u they find
U said u be ijebu? O ya answer now
Usually when someone put a question Mark at the end of your comment the intention is to explain what the word means or to at least rewrite it in a way the person would understand,your ability or inability to make errors is not a concern of mine, I ask again what do you mean by chame?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Juliusmomoh: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

The ignorance of people like you baffles me, it's pulsating to say the least,all you do is assume and chatter without any reasonable input or evidence.i suppose you have access to this charms right,why can't you conjure a spirit to perhaps kill me today, I'll tell you why because your beliefs are as bogus and dumb as it can get, sorry for the language
Just help me do the following and u will see the result...
Give me your mother's name .. Your state.. and snap your footprint and send it to me now. Social media is not anominous as u think...... Be fast about it please
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Juliusmomoh: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

I don't need assumption ma'am,give me proof,read up on HYPOTHESIS and get back to me please
I pray scientist will not lead you to your early grave.. #amen
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Just help me do the following and u will see the result...
Give me your mother's name .. Your state.. and snap your footprint and send it to me now. Social media is not anominous as u think...... Be fast about it please
Get me your mail and you'll have those information in a matter of minutes,I will show you how stupid you have being today,sorry for my language once again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Like I said I will show you how stupid you have being today,some of you bask in your ignorance while the rest of the world laughs at you and yet you continue to wallow in abject naivety even when you don't have any logical or reasonable reason to.

2 Likes

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Juliusmomoh: 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

Get me your mail and you'll have those information in a matter of minutes,I will show you how stupid you have being today,sorry for my language once again
Mosesjulius3304@gmail.com ... But note: curiousity kill the cat....... Metion me when u sent it
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

You claim you have supernatural powers but as a Nigerian you have a great multitude of problem that you don't have a fix for, you have supernatural powers you still go to school in order to get a job,when you could just conjure yourself some money and live a nice life,you have supernatural powers but you still rely on hospitals and medicine to get by when you fall sick,I will not mince words with you madam,I don't see any sanity in your actions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Mosesjulius3304@gmail.com ... But note: curiousity kill the cat....... Metion me when u sent it
Oh you're even a guy,that explains your staunch foolish arguments,you will receive the details in some couple of minutes
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

You're not the first or the 7th ignoramus that would try this with me, it's actually fun,since you're a guy I don't mind meeting you even, perhaps In a public place if you're in lagos,so you can try those JuJu on me
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Juliusmomoh: 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

Oh you're even a guy,that explains your staunch foolish arguments,you will receive the details in some couple of minutes
Young man stop being childish with your reply. Stop blowing grammer up and down just to prove your fact. Stop insulting someone you meet online just to seek justification. Stop it.... It shows how empty you are. Thank you..... But don't forget to send me those items for curiousity sake
Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Aren't you the same dude that posted this rubbish the other day, permit my language.

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by shogsman(m): 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Young man stop being childish with your reply. Stop blowing grammer up and down just to prove your fact. Stop insulting someone you meet online just to seek justification. Stop it.... It shows how empty you are. Thank you..... But don't forget to send me those items for curiousity sake
Boy you're still in school,I have people that I have sponsored beyond nysc stage so don't ever call me young man again,it is kinda out of place,let's have a little bit of respect please.
I'm not insulting you, you're putting yourself out for slaughter

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural World Is An Old Fiction by Juliusmomoh: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogsman:

Boy you're still in school,I have people that I have sponsored beyond nysc stage so don't ever call me young man again,it is kinda out of place,let's have a little bit of respect please.
I'm not insulting you, you're putting yourself out for slaughter
You got angry just because i said " young man " ? .... I can bet my balls that you are catching cruise with this statement. You were the first to insult me. Calling me stupid is the worst insult ever.... But i don't get angry. But i can't fathom how " young man " is an insult to you. #bye i don't speak with arrogant minded human.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution / Deeper Life High School Saga: Parties Settle Out Of Court / Practical Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.