Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,142 members, 7,811,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori (32087 Views)

Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Title, Defeats Vettori / Atiku, Ben Bruce, DJ Cuppy Congratulate Anthony Joshua For Defeating Andy Ruiz / Anthony Joshua To Pocket N10.8billion For Defeating Joseph Parker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by FBIBOT(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
Pauladex:
How I wish I can endure the beating just once without dying with broken ribes, neck and teeth.

grin grin grin broken nose and jaw nko
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Dirkcoyt: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
This is cheap asś money! Those who follows boxing will tell you! Come on izzy is a ducking champion and star ! How the hell do you pay him 500,000$! Do you know how much a star of his magnitude is paid in boxing! I’ve just learnt a big difference today that being in the news doesn’t make you rich!

I’ve considered boxing a dying sport compared to other sport but still pull in the ratios . Boeing was more popular in the 80s-2000s ! Imagine UFC enjoying almost the same popularity boxing once had and all it could pay some of his biggest brand name is a meager 500,000$! Pathetic for all the noise about UFC.

If the biggest MMA sport is pay a paltry 500,000$ to its tops stars then one wonder what Glory kickboxing, one championship and bellator would be paying their fighters ! BOXING � is still the biggest paying combat fücking sport!

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by tricosite(m): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
Which God do sport people worship?
There money is big big...

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Adakintroy: 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
SonOfAfonja:

Na hunger go kee you...hope you’re not contemplating raising a child with this mentality? Else your news and pictures will be splashed all over Nairaland on how your kids hack you to death.

Eminem once said he saw a watch on display but the price was too expensive. He called his manager to know if he can afford it. He did not quite know how much he had.

I don't know if am rich or poor but I pay for everything around me including the bikes.

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Elxandre(m): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by rhektor(m): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Make dem book Mayweather for me abeg. I know say he go beat me Ooooo! But the money wey i go earn go do me. I no go spend pass 200k treating myself and enjoy the main loot.
Punch never kill person for your presence before? Beware o, punch dey kill grin
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Lordbinsmar: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Nairalanders contemplating on challenging Anthony Joshua, they're not interested in defeating him cos they know that they can't, they're only after the hundreds of thousands of dollars they would receive for loosing, which if they convert to naira, will catapult them out of poverty.

This I have seen.

False Prophet, please open a miracle center so that people can benefit more from your prophecies. I like your prophetic messages. grin grin grin grin
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Germi9: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
Someone should set the stage ,beat me up thoroughly and pay me Money
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by skayT: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
Please when your call does get through, tell him to thank his parents more for getting him out of this shit hole of a country called Nigeria. I can bet my life that this guy would never have attained this height if he lived all his life in Nigeria.
XshegzzyeeiX:
Too much money. Abeg who get this guy phone number. I need to specially congratulate him.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Kingrefreshed: 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
KrazyDave16:

About 250M.

Sniper is cheap if wailing isn't enough cheesy

Lol grin grin grin
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
skayT:
Please when your call does get through, tell him to thank his parents more for getting him out of this shit hole of a country called Nigeria. I can bet my life that this guy would never have attained this height if he lived all his life in Nigeria.

Apt.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by 123readygo: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
This is nothing compared to what boxers earn. And it's even more brutal than boxing!
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by okuta007: 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Can you imagine?

Even in defeat, they still pay you a mouth-watering salary that an average Bank Manager struggle to earn in 10yrs?

Maybe I should just drop this Masters Degree program and go for this sport that shows someone LOVE in defeat.

which bank manager makes $50,000 a year in Nigeria ? N25 million a year ?
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by saajus: 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2021
If it's AJ, na millions o. You will be earning around $4m no matter how unpopular you are.Andy Ruiz earned over $8m for the first fight and over $9m for the second one. That's why the thief is begging for 3rd.

FalseProphet1:
I see Nairalanders contemplating on challenging Anthony Joshua, they're not interested in defeating him cos they know that they can't, they're only after the hundreds of thousands of dollars they would receive for loosing, which if they convert to naira, will catapult them out of poverty.

This I have seen.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by kyuniii(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
chiiraq802:
I studied Civil Engineering in FUTO but something inside me is telling me that my calling is to be an Ultimate Fighting Champion.
Why not, you can do both some thing like Civil Ultimate Fighting Champion Engineer.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Ekealterego: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2021
Dirkcoyt:
This is cheap asś money! Those who follows boxing will tell you! Come on izzy is a ducking champion and star ! How the hell do you pay him 500,000$! Do you know how much a star of his magnitude is paid in boxing! I’ve just learnt a big difference today that being in the news doesn’t make you rich!

I’ve considered boxing a dying sport compared to other sport but still pull in the ratios . Boeing was more popular in the 80s-2000s ! Imagine UFC enjoying almost the same popularity boxing once had and all it could pay some of his biggest brand name is a meager 500,000$! Pathetic for all the noise about UFC.

If the biggest MMA sport is pay a paltry 500,000$ to its tops stars then one wonder what Glory kickboxing, one championship and bellator would be paying their fighters ! BOXING � is still the biggest paying combat fücking sport!
That's why all these MMA guys are calling out YouTubers, Jake and Logan for a payday... That is why a legend like Silva still went into boxing even at 46 with that Legend's son this past weekend.
That's why most boxers will not go to MMA when there is a cross sports fight... If Mayweather fought Conor in the Octagon, they wouldn't make as much money.

The world of boxing in terms of promotion is a bit more decentralised, much more historic and have still way more followers and sponsorship and the boxers still have a lot of power especially when you already have star power... If Izzy had this same amount of fame and talent in the world of boxing, he will be contending for the top tier of the highest sports earners in the world.

Look at Woodley, he would probably make more money fighting Jake Paul than all his last 4 fights in the UFC combined.

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Dirkcoyt: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

That's why all these MMA guys are calling out YouTubers, Jake and Logan for a payday... That is why a legend like Silva still went into boxing even at 46 with that Legend's son this past weekend.
That's why most boxers will not go to MMA when there is a cross sports fight... If Mayweather fought Conor in the Octagon, they wouldn't make as much money.

The world of boxing in terms of promotion is a bit more decentralised, much more historic and have still way more followers and sponsorship and the boxers still have a lot of power especially when you already have star power... If Izzy had this same amount of fame and talent in the world of boxing, he will be contending for the top tier of the highest sports earners in the world.

Look at Woodley, he would probably make more money fighting Jake Paul than all his last 4 fights in the UFC combined.

It’s very embarrassing! What’s the problem with the pay? Is it Dana white or lack of promotion or just nothing?

Cause truth be told UFC is very popular now. And considering the risk of taking a fist and a kick that’s an abysmal payout . They’re all calling out boxers. And honestly the youtubers have got the money to salvage these poor MMA boys. Connor was smart to taste the cookie very early before that scope was .....

Bro really I was surprised many on the thread are saying big money then I knew many don’t know a thing about combat sport . That’s a very poor money very poor compared to the risk involve ! That’s like saying cause a doctor earn 500,000naira in Nigeria he’s rich when his American counterpart put in as much effprt as he does and gets way over that !

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Ekealterego: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
Dirkcoyt:

It’s very embarrassing! What’s the problem with the pay? Is it Dana white or lack of promotion or just nothing?

Cause truth be told UFC is very popular now. And considering the risk of taking a fist and a kick that’s an abysmal payout . They’re all calling out boxers. And honestly the youtubers have got the money to salvage these poor MMA boys. Connor was smart to taste the cookie very early before that scope was .....

Bro really I was surprised many on the thread are saying big money then I knew many don’t know a thing about combat sport . That’s a very poor money very poor compared to the risk involve ! That’s like saying cause a doctor earn 500,000naira in Nigeria he’s rich when his American counterpart put in as much effprt as he does and gets way over that !
I wonder how these guys even survive? Maybe independent sponsorship deals? Cos they will have to pay coaches, pay for their gym, travel costs, etc. In the western world, that money will finish faster than I can blink, taking all these associated costs into consideration.. What about insurance, etc..

I am hoping they make up in sponsorship deals, what they lack in fight night pay.

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by dankorode(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Can you imagine?

Even in defeat, they still pay you a mouth-watering salary that an average Bank Manager struggle to earn in 10yrs?

Maybe I should just drop this Masters Degree program and go for this sport that shows someone LOVE in defeat.
do you know the meaning of this song"ile lon lo tararaaaaa!!!!!
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Ayobami7(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2021
Nice
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Dirkcoyt: 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

I wonder how these guys even survive? Maybe independent sponsorship deals? Cos they will have to pay coaches, pay for their gym, travel costs, etc. In the western world, that money will finish faster than I can blink, taking all these associated costs into consideration.. What about insurance, etc..

I am hoping they make up in sponsorship deals, what they lack in fight night pay.

Many will go broke faster after the career ends . Only DANA wins !
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by remedick: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
Julianaa:
200 million naira just for one fight lipsrsealed

Champ
don't forget he also has staff that he will pay. His coacher, sparing partners, medical doctors etc
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by wunmi590(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Can you imagine?

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by fredoooooo: 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Can you imagine?

You can do it , don't forget there're thousand out there're too that are looking foe same opportunities o ..
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Make dem book Mayweather for me abeg. I know say he go beat me Ooooo! But the money wey i go earn go do me. I no go spend pass 200k treating myself and enjoy the main loot.

Make I book you with Anthony Joshua for Ijebu Ode covered stadium. Isreal must pay tax when he comes to Naija, I trust this government
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Clintonchiedzie(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2021
Israel where r u.... Power in your name!!!

grin grin grin
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Clintonchiedzie(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
[quote author=chiiraq802 post=102974950]I studied Civil Engineering in FUTO but something inside me is telling me that my calling is to be an Ultimate Fighting Champion.
Which year?

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by Chamberlin1983(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
Na your body go tell you bro. Hope you are ready for the hard punches?
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by UncleJudax(m): 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Can you imagine?

masters in Grievance studies?
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori by chiiraq802(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
[quote author=Clintonchiedzie post=102979918]

2013-2018 set

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 Groups & Fixtures. / NFF Appoints Joseph Yobo As Super Eagles Assistant Coach / 15-year-old Coco Gauff Becomes Youngest To Win WTA Title In 42 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.