Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Nigerian Passport: New Application & Renewal; United Kingdom - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport: New Application & Renewal; United Kingdom (395 Views)

Nigerian Passport: New York Branch / U.S Visiting Visa Application/renewal: Trumps Visa Ban Experiences / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport: New Application & Renewal; United Kingdom by oieda: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
Dear all,

Starting off this thread to get information and experience from Nigerians in the United Kingdom who have had to renew or apply for a new passport in the United Kingdom.

I am aware this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/1969461/cost-nigeria-international-passport/ - exists for passport costs and related information and experience.

The annoying part of doing so in the United Kingdom is the fact the Nigerian Embassy does not answer emails and calls from all I have gathered and experienced.
I am aware that quite recently (~April, 2021), the new leadership of the Nigerian High Commission in London have started treating backlogs of applications since December, 2019, and that applications (new and renewal) can now be done online with the interviews conducted in person on invitation.

I attached the latest news release from the Nigeria High Commission in the United Kingdom dated 21st May, 2021.

Does anyone have any experience and 'ground' information for applications in London, United Kingdom - when did you apply, how long before you got an invite for the interview, when did you finally get the new/renewed passport, how long did the interview at the High commission take, did they post the passport to your address, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can An Expired Passport Be Renewed / Afghanistan Airspace Is Actually Restricted Now / Got Stuck Up Nelson's Column At Trafalgar Square, London - Never Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.