Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,438 members, 7,843,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football (452 Views)

Osimhen Scores Two To Take Napoli To Joint-top In Serie A / Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Joker In Halloween Costume (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Arabmoniq(m): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo has become the joint-top scoring men's international player of all time.
The Portugal star fired home two goals from the spot against France in a heavyweight Euro 2020 clash on Wednesday.
That takes him up to 109 goals in 176 matches for the national team, putting him at the top of the list of goalscorers on the international stage.
Whose record has Ronaldo equalled?
Ronaldo needs one goal to become the sole highest scorer.
He is currently tied with Iran legend Ali Daei, who scored 109 times in 149 matches between 1993 and 2006.
The pair are far ahead of any other player on the list, as Malaysia hero Mokhtar Dahari, who retired in 1985, is the third top scorer on 89 goals and Hungary icon Ferenc Puskas finished his career in 1956 with 84.
What records has Ronaldo broken at Euro 2020?
The 36-year-old set several records in Portugal's opening game of the competition, with the five-time Ballon d'Or winner scoring twice in the latter stages of the 3-0 win against Hungary.
Article continues below
This tournament marks the fifth European Championship in which the Juventus star has played and scored and he is the first player ever to do so.
Ronaldo, who also found the net in Portugal's 4-2 defeat to Germany on matchday two, is now the all-time top scorer in Euros history, having broken Michel Platini's record of nine goals. Plus, no player has won more matches at Euros than he has. Cristiano Ronaldo has become the joint-top scoring men's international player of all time.
The Portugal star fired home two goals from the spot against France in a heavyweight Euro 2020 clash on Wednesday.
That takes him up to 109 goals in 176 matches for the national team, putting him at the top of the list of goalscorers on the international stage.
He is currently tied with Iran legend Ali Daei, who scored 109 times in 149 matches between 1993 and 2006.
The pair are far ahead of any other player on the list, as Malaysia hero Mokhtar Dahari, who retired in 1985, is the third top scorer on 89 goals and Hungary icon Ferenc Puskas finished his career in 1956 with 84.
The 36-year-old set several records in Portugal's opening game of the competition, with the five-time Ballon d'Or winner scoring twice in the latter stages of the 3-0 win against Hungary.
Article continues below
This tournament marks the fifth European Championship in which the Juventus star has played and scored and he is the first player ever to do so.
Ronaldo, who also found the net in Portugal's 4-2 defeat to Germany on matchday two, is now the all-time top scorer in Euros history, having broken Michel Platini's record of nine goals. Plus, no player has won more matches at Euros than he has.
Cristiano Ronaldo has become the joint-top scoring men's international player of all time.
Article continues below
Ronaldo, who also found the net in Portugal's 4-2 defeat to Germany on matchday two, is now the all-time top scorer in Euros history, having broken Michel Platini's record of nine goals. Plus, no player has won more matches at Euros than he has.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Lamasta(m): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
O R O R O we know..,...

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Ishiewo: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
Some men are just born unique.
Thumbs up #C-score, you too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
Two more penalties added to his portfolio of penalties today.

Champion at penalty goals.
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by ojaysam25(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
Congrat to ororo and portugal....his goals has help them to qualifer from that group of death but others need to step up.....6 of portugal 7 goals were supplied by ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
ojaysam25:
Congrat to ororo and portugal....his goals has help them to qualifer from that group of death but others need to step up.....6 of portugal 7 goals were supplied by ronaldo.

It is actually 5 of 6 goals.

3 out of the 5 goals were from penalties that did not involve Ronaldo in a scoring position before the foul, but which he typically rushes to get the ball for to improve his goal stats.
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Amotolongbo(f): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ishiewo:
Some men are just born unique.
Thumbs up #C-score, you too much
Like Messi

Some made themselves unique, like Ronaldo
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Amotolongbo(f): 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
Gamesmart:

3 out of the 5 goals were from penalties that did not involve Ronaldo in a scoring position before the foul, but which he typically rushes to get the ball for to improve his goal stats.
How did the second penalty for Portugal happen today?
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Angelmichael63: 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2021
Gamesmart:

who was involved in the last penalty sir.did you even watch the match at all?
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Angelmichael63: 11:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Greatest player I must say

CR7 THE ONLY GOAT I KNOW.
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Lamasta(m): 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
Gamesmart:

This your hatred for football GOAT Will not help you o grin

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
Amotolongbo:
How did the second penalty for Portugal happen today?

I guess you are struggling with grammar?
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
Angelmichael63:
who was involved in the last penalty sir.did you even watch the match at all?

I guess you too are struggling with grammar?
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lamasta:
[/b]
This your hatred for football GOAT Will not help you o grin

I love the picture. It is a sign of his reality.

GOAT at putting the ball on the penalty spot and blasting it into the net. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Lamasta(m): 11:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Gamesmart:

I love the picture.

GOAT at putting the ball on the penalty spot and blasting it into the net. grin grin grin grin grin grin
If Messi had put his own at the back of the net may be he would have won an international trophy by now

Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Amotolongbo(f): 11:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Gamesmart:

I guess you are struggling with grammar?
Now I realize where your brain lies.

What defines a scoring position?
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 11:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lamasta:

If Messi had put his own at the back of the net may be he would have won an international trophy by now

When you get sense, you will tell me what international trophy that Ronaldo has won that Messi has not won more.
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 11:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Now I realize where your brain lies.

What defines a scoring position?

If your brain is at a level where my brain is lying above it, you will know.
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Amotolongbo(f): 11:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
Gamesmart:

If your brain is at a level where my brain is lying above it, you will know.
My brain can’t lie on the same level with yours cos yours has been turned to manure for plants.

What defines a scoring position in a game of football ?
Are there definite scoring positions?
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Lamasta(m): 11:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
Gamesmart:

When you get sense, you will tell me what international trophy that Ronaldo has won that Messi has not won more.
Show me the international trophy messi have one biko no time to argue

Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 11:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
Amotolongbo:
My brain can’t lie on the same level with yours cos yours has been turned to manure for plants.

What defines a scoring position in a game of football ?
Are there definite scoring positions?

Your brain is the one which just got manure na.

Abi no be after manure you understood grammar?

Now water your brain to understand what a goal scoring position is.
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Gamesmart: 11:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lamasta:

Show me the international trophy messi have one biko no time to argue

I told you to tell me the one that Ronaldo has won that Messi has not won.

Oya, go and find and tell me.
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by Amotolongbo(f): 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
[s]
Gamesmart:

Your brain is the one which just got manure na.

Abi no be after manure you understood grammar?

Now water your brain to understand what a goal scoring position is.
[/s]gibberish as expected
Re: Ronaldo Becomes Joint-top Scorer In Men's International Football by ojaysam25(m): 12:02am On Jun 24, 2021
Gamesmart:

5 goals 1 assit that made it 6 goal contribution.

(1) (Reply)

"You Won't Sleep Well For Awarding England A Penalty" - Mourinho Blasts Referee / The Maradona Cup (ITALY VS ARGENTINA) / Manchester United Is Delighted To Announce The Arrival Of A New Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.