Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Marriage Without White Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Without White Wedding (853 Views)

Court Marriage Without Paying Bride Price / Woman Delivers Quintuplets After 20 Years Of Marriage Without A Child [photo] / Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Without White Wedding by Darlingme(f): 2:37am On Jun 24, 2021
Marriage counseling, classes and exams for 6 months, honestly, we can't wait.

Please, what are the procedures for court wedding?

Traditional marriage and then court marriage without white wedding, does it prove one is completely married?

ignoring white wedding, when does one gets to wear wedding gown for nice pictures and all that. (I've always fantasized that)

We're getting married soon, but due to some reasons, thinking of skipping white wedding, but I don't know how it will look.
Please, suggestions
Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by lilvicky68(m): 3:00am On Jun 24, 2021
If it's for financial reasons..you can do it with just a pastor and few family members..court and traditional is still very okay..

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by GboyegaD(m): 3:14am On Jun 24, 2021
You can use the white gown for court and take your pictures with it.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by Bola146(f): 3:52am On Jun 24, 2021
You can just wear any of your beautiful clothe just to go to the court or sow any affordable gown that you can still be wearing after the party. Just the traditional marriage, your pastors can pray for you there too.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by Smile4mee01: 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
Darlingme:
Marriage counseling, classes and exams for 6 months, honestly, we can't wait.

Please, what are the procedures for court wedding?

Traditional marriage and then court marriage without white wedding, does it prove one is completely married?

ignoring white wedding, when does one gets to wear wedding gown for nice pictures and all that. (I've always fantasized that)

We're getting married soon, but due to some reasons, thinking of skipping white wedding, but I don't know how it will look.
Please, suggestions

Happy Married Life in Future.

I still don't understand why Weddings mean so much to women ?

Anyways, A valid marriage to me is one with the consent ( Bride price ) from the parents and registry to make the union formal by law. Every other thing is extra. A wedding can take place in a sitting room with blessing from your pastor and parents.

Let's not forget, a white wedding is to the White Man what our traditional wedding is to us. How do you think our people got married before the white man invaded Africa?

If you love the picture thingy so much, Have a series of pre-wedding pictures for memories sake.

Meanwhile, With the increase in Marriages and divorces. I hope you are more focused on the marriage and not the wedding.

All the Best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
You can wear a nice, white wedding dress for the court marriage. Happy married life in advance.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by bishopjoe02(m): 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
You can do traditional, court then do Thanksgiving in church,

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by Richy4(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Why not do Corona virus compliant wedding of 13 guests....It is the new normal ..either white or traditional...OR even both.. It is cheap and affordable.. it is virus free too smiley...By the way congratulations

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by mutter(f): 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
A church wedding is for religious purposes.
If you can't do a church wedding you can still do a blessing of the marriage.For instance if one party is a divorced catholic... You cannot exchange vows but can get a blessing.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by Karleb(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
You better skip that. To set up traditional wedding, you fit spend upto N500k depending on your location and it will not even be loud.

Marriage without white wedding is still marriage.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Happy Married Life in Future.

I still don't understand why Weddings mean so much to women ?

Anyways, A valid marriage to me is one with the consent ( Bride price ) from the parents and registry to make the union formal by law. Every other thing is extra. A wedding can take place in a sitting room with blessing from your pastor and parents.

Let's not forget, a white wedding is to the White Man what our traditional wedding is to us. How do you think our people got married before the white man invaded Africa?

If you love the picture thingy so much, Have a series of pre-wedding pictures for memories sake.

Meanwhile, With the increase in Marriages and divorces. I hope you are more focused on the marriage and not the wedding.

All the Best.
Quod

Erat

Demonstrandum
Re: Marriage Without White Wedding by Darlingme(f): 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
Alright. Thanks @all

(1) (Reply)

This Teenage Boy Is Missing In Kubwa, Abuja(photo) / . / Japa/Relocation Sales? Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.