Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,317 members, 7,853,472 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:17 PM

Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? (1413 Views)

Setup Flash Alerts For Incoming Calls On TECNO Spark4 Without A Third-party App. / Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) / How Can I Update Coloured Whatsapp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Sikay19(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hello good people smiley, My Tecno Spark4 hangs or I should say its operation is very slow and lagging cry. Even to type on the keyboard is a war talk more using the apps angry. I receive notifications that the new updates are available. I'm considering wiping the phone but I don't want to lose some details on it. Will new update make the phone to operate smoothly

I don't want to relocate close to Carlcare office please grin. So, resist the urge to tell me that tongue.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Rareoil(m): 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello good people smiley, My Tecno Spark4 hangs or I should say its operation is very slow and lagging cry. Even to type on the keyboard is a war talk more using the apps angry. I receive notifications that the new updates are available. I'm considering wiping the phone but I don't want to lose some details on it. Will new update make the phone to operate smoothly

I don't want to relocate close to Carlcare office please grin. So, resist the urge to tell me that tongue.
Thank you.

Bros no do am

If you update am na carlcare you dey go.
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by sunshineV(f): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
update it. you'll join the queue at carlcare
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Haakeem(m): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
Resetting it is the best option.
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by tayo60(f): 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Rareoil:

Bros no do am

sunshineV:
update it. you'll join the queue at carlcare
But guys, update can resolve d issue now. Why not let him do d update first and see wetin happen after? And even if na Carlcare him go go later.
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Sikay19(m): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
tayo60:
But guys, update can resolve d issue now. Why not let him do d update first and see wetin happen after? And even if na Carlcare him go go later.
Aunty, the last part of this your comment weak me o. It defeats what you said earlier undecided

1 Like

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Karleb(m): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
The reason your phone hangs is because there's a lot of things in the storage.
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Sikay19(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Karleb:
The reason your phone hangs is because there's a lot of things in the storage.

Nit really true. I have just used 1.2gig out of 2 gig ram and 24/32 gig rom respectively. So, what's the ideal space I can consume that will not affect it's operation ?
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Karleb(m): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sikay19:

Nit really true. I have just used 1.2gig out of 2 gig ram and 24/32 gig rom respectively. So, what's the ideal space I can consume that will not affect it's operation ?

Omo! embarassed

I just checked mine and I've used more memory and storage than you but my phone doesn't hang.

You can try the upgrade.

2 Likes

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
Updating won’t solve anything.
Spark4 is your typical low quality transsion product with an optimal operational lifespan of 6-18 months. Yours’ has hit the mark I guess.
I’d rather format the phone instead; that should help.

5 Likes

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Kingsean(m): 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sikay19:

Thank you.

you better don't update if you want to see your phone alive again. if your phone storage is full, you better start removing all the unnecessary stuff there

1 Like

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Rareoil(m): 2:40am On Jun 25, 2021
tayo60:

his phone is slow because of the processor which is a weak hardware, no update can change that

1 Like

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Shuregirl: 6:48am On Jun 25, 2021
Updating your device would ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently, and would give you more features so why you dey waste time
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Emmanuel224(m): 6:55am On Jun 25, 2021
Bro update ur phone, infact they made major changes and added minimal animations...u'll love it

My phone never hanged, so I wudnt knw . Bt it shud at least increase performance as they wrote "system stability" and all that

1 Like

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Emmanuel224(m): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2021
Rareoil:

his phone is slow because of the processor which is a weak hardware, no update can change that
y na, I use same processor with him bt my phone never hanged in anyway honestly... Let him do the update and let see his feedback which I know will be positive

1 Like

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Sikay19(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Emmanuel224:
Bro update ur phone, infact they made major changes and added minimal animations...u'll love it

My phone never hanged, so I wudnt knw . Bt it shud at least increase performance as they wrote "system stability" and all that

What's the current status of your storage bro ?Let me confirm something
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by sunshineV(f): 8:52am On Jun 25, 2021
tayo60:
thats what we said na
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Ajilenu: 10:29am On Jun 25, 2021
I understand your fear for updating but you never can tell until you try you know. Just do it and you'll be fine.
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by iseoluwanimi: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2021
well update or no update, try to delete unused apps to free your storage...

Since there's an update available for it you can update it na cool
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Freelancerx: 10:45am On Jun 25, 2021
Rgade:
Updating won’t solve anything.
Spark4 is your typical low quality transsion product with an optimal operational lifespan of 6-18 months. Yours’ has hit the mark I guess.
I’d rather format the phone instead; that should help.
this is not true. my mom has been using hers for so long now and it is still going strong
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Emmanuel224(m): 10:48am On Jun 25, 2021
Sikay19:

What's the current status of your storage bro ?Let me confirm something
I have Abt 2.2 gig are u scared of the update size?

If yes then the storage that was taken during update will be brought back after update is completed
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Ajilenu: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
Sikay19:

Thank you.
you should free up some space on your phone.
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Cheezzyy: 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Update your OS, you should know what updating does to a phone
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Kayconcept2(m): 10:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Probably you need to reduce the loads on your phone, and then update your OS and try also to update your applications to latest versions.

1 Like

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Wanni25(f): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
I had similar problem, I actually updated my device and now is perfectly working fine.

I have larger space, no hanging and all

1 Like

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
carlcare is calling you, calling you and you are going there, for sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Kunja2: 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sikay19:

Thank you.
just update your phone.
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Kunja2: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
tayo60:
how will he go to carlcare later? Just cos of update?
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Kunja2: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kayconcept2:
Probably you need to reduce the loads on your phone, and then update your OS and try also to update your applications to latest versions.
this is exactly what he should even do
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Niswayne19: 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Update your phone it would help
Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by Rubiesangel: 9:59am On Jun 28, 2021
No na,I've updated mine several times upn release of new update and it was smooth and seamless.
Rareoil:

Bros no do am

Re: Will My Spark4 Stop Hanging If I Update The OS? by koskilala: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2021
Supposedly it should

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Price / I see security code Notification With Strange Nos On Whatsapp groups(pic) / Help On Phone To Buy With A Range Of 180-200k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.