Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) (62401 Views)

53-Year-Old Bridge Collapse After Heavy Downpour In Shendam, Plateau / Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos / Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by AvalonSpace(m): 3:33am On Jun 27, 2021
Na to go buy canoe sure pass.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by nick50(m): 3:41am On Jun 27, 2021
Typical Yoruba dominated village in Lagos with thier trademark brown roof
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 27, 2021
History555:

You wrote absolute rubbish. How hard is it to build closed drainage. How will people drop refuse in closed drainage. Till today lagos state govt is still building roads with open drainage. How hard is it to build closed drainage system

How hard is it to stay in your own state and urge the governor and leaders of your own region to provide jobs for you or your folks instead of being an economic refugee in Lagos, Ibadan etc and talking yen yen yen yen yen...?

The money the government would use to build closed drainage system is rather used to maintain a bulging population made up of largely other ethnicities who have abandoned their own region to rot and moved to West because we are in a "one-Nigeria" system.

Same thing with Oyo state where the governor is trying to prove to be super urbane. Housing and feeding beggars from other regions and other countries with resources meant for the indigenes of Oyo state.

When we say Yorubaland is carrying the burden of the useless federation called Nigeria, this is what we mean.

Cities are bursting at the seams with ever growing population, and yet it's almost the same allocation given to all the states of the federation. Some in the South south are even collecting mega packages, yet they provide absolutely nothing for their people who the move westwards.

They go there and begin to yarn okpas asking how difficult is it for the state government to build closed drainage yen yen yen yen yen...
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 27, 2021
nowhere:
I dey Ontario.

Pele o, ara Ontario, talking nonsense from thousands of kilometers.

Maybe you should better face your life in Ontario and stop talking about what you have no awareness of.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2021
Prodigee:
The worst disaster in this part of the world is the humans! Check the drainages and na pure water nylon, plastic bottles and all sorts of trash go full am. Why flooding no go happen.
Though the government is nothing to write home about, the people are as bad. They will destroy the little they have, believing it doesn't affect them.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:37am On Jun 27, 2021
All over the world most major cities get flooded so there is no news about this.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by hofeshhomes: 7:38am On Jun 27, 2021
Blocked drainage is one of the factors that can cause this.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ariesbull: 7:49am On Jun 27, 2021
abbey621:

How do you want to plan Lagos? Kick some people out, una say no, tear down houses and illegal structure, una frown face. What exactly is government to do? Even with waste disposal our people refuse to do the right thing, I grew up in Mushin, everytime rain fell heavily na national garbage day. You buy pure water, biscuit, na ground the wrapper dey go, do we think all these things won't have consequences?

If dem start locking people up for pollution, na we go still shout say human right......

The stupidity of you guys is that kicking people out ..what Is wrong with you fools...80% of people in Lagos aren't from Lagos ....they are from Ogun, Osun. East, north etc....in Lagos there are places that has been taken forever places like Agege, Alaba Rago. Alaba Suru, Idi araba, Obalende has been taken over by the Hausa and it's gone forever Apapa inclusive

Places like festac, to satellite town all the way to Alaba Ann okokomaikao has been taken over by the igbo

Egbeda has been dominated by the Edo and Esan folks...

Now I know that Yoruba can't fight these tribes and Yoruba are not even know to fight and Yoruba can't gift because they are also migratory from other states

Lagos is just what it is ...you just can't take people out ..you can rant online and that is where it ends ...you can't fight the whole Nigeria....the only tribe that did that and did standing are Igbo they did it for 3 solid years and the whole country git tired and said No Victor no vanquished

So if you want to chase people out, get ready for a fight and stop making noise online... You guys have been making these noise for years , please put it to action...nobody takes you serious again from the lagoon Oba to the tout collecting levies from the Abule Ado bus stop

Eko has been shared , deal with it and lets plan Lagos
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ariesbull: 7:51am On Jun 27, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
All over the world most major cities get flooded so there is no news about this.
lies...Lagos is as a result of lack of planning ....and dirtiness

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ariesbull: 7:53am On Jun 27, 2021
TripleOh7:

How hard is it to stay in your own state and urge the governor and leaders of your own region to provide jobs for you or your folks instead of being an economic refugee in Lagos, Ibadan etc and talking yen yen yen yen yen...?

The money the government would use to build closed drainage system is rather used to maintain a bulging population made up of largely other ethnicities who have abandoned their own region to rot and moved to West because we are in a "one-Nigeria" system.

Same thing with Oyo state where the governor is trying to prove to be super urbane. Housing and feeding beggars from other regions and other countries with resources meant for the indigenes of Oyo state.

When we say Yorubaland is carrying the burden of the useless federation called Nigeria, this is what we mean.

Cities are bursting at the seams with ever growing population, and yet it's almost the same allocation given to all the states of the federation. Some in the South south are even collecting mega packages, yet they provide absolutely nothing for their people who the move westwards.

They go there and begin to yarn okpas asking how difficult is it for the state government to build closed drainage yen yen yen yen yen...

Lagos has been shared and to that us writing isn't even from Lagos but Ogun....

My guy you can write state in your own state ..it tends online....

Lagos has been shared between the tribes in Nigeria... Can you fight all of them !

Awolowo fought for one Nigeria in the 70s so you enjoy the sharing of Lagos and stfu
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 27, 2021
ariesbull:

Lagos has been shared and to that us writing isn't even from Lagos but Ogun....

My guy you can write state in your own state ..it tends online....

Lagos has been shared between the tribes in Nigeria... Can you fight all of them !

Awolowo fought for one Nigeria in the 70s so you enjoy the sharing of Lagos and stfu

Maybe you should type in your native language.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by MSesan: 8:26am On Jun 27, 2021
Prodigee:
The worst disaster in this part of the world is the humans! Check the drainages and na pure water nylon, plastic bottles and all sorts of trash go full am. Why flooding no go happen.

Especially in Lagos, you'll see big man eating from his luxurious car and drop all the dirt on the road. Common sense is not common among Lagosians only few has it...
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Gfskw: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Really
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ofiko123(m): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:
All my life i haven't seen a state that is overrated and overhyped like Lagos State.

Imagine the so called mega shit undecided
l

Lagos is a state like the rest of the 35 states in the federal republic of Nigeria..
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by abbey621(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
ariesbull:

The stupidity of you guys is that kicking people out ..what Is wrong with you fools...80% of people in Lagos aren't from Lagos ....they are from Ogun, Osun. East, north etc....in Lagos there are places that has been taken forever places like Agege, Alaba Rago. Alaba Suru, Idi araba, Obalende has been taken over by the Hausa and it's gone forever Apapa inclusive

Places like festac, to satellite town all the way to Alaba Ann okokomaikao has been taken over by the igbo

Egbeda has been dominated by the Edo and Esan folks...

Now I know that Yoruba can't fight these tribes and Yoruba are not even know to fight and Yoruba can't gift because they are also migratory from other states

Lagos is just what it is ...you just can't take people out ..you can rant online and that is where it ends ...you can't fight the whole Nigeria....the only tribe that did that and did standing are Igbo they did it for 3 solid years and the whole country git tired and said No Victor no vanquished

So if you want to chase people out, get ready for a fight and stop making noise online... You guys have been making these noise for years , please put it to action...nobody takes you serious again from the lagoon Oba to the tout collecting levies from the Abule Ado bus stop

Eko has been shared , deal with it and lets plan Lagos

You read but lack comprehension, seek wisdom before ranting! There are strategic ways to kick people out without resulting to ethnic or bigotry ways. Make taxes 15 or 20 times higher for some areas of the state such as Lekki, Ajah and Ikoyi, demolish houses within 3-5 km of beaches, this will force many people to relocate, protect those areas as non habitable areas and direct or redirect water pipelines from mainland areas towards those sites so thatwhen it rains the water has somewhere to go. Lagos does not have proper drainage because apart from the dirty nature of its habitants, the drainage system is a closed system doomed to fail.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Bifwoli: 11:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
Prodigee:
Where's the Lagos city solid waste department when all this is going on?
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2021
Suffering and smiling. I lived in Nigeria for years and in Lagos for some and you said I should travel a little. I just told you where I am and now I know nothing about your sufferings.
TripleOh7:

Pele o, ara Ontario, talking nonsense from thousands of kilometers.

Maybe you should better face your life in Ontario and stop talking about what you have no awareness of.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
nowhere:
Suffering and smiling. I lived in Nigeria for years and in Lagos for some and you said I should travel a little. I just told you where I am and now I know nothing about your sufferings.

Mumu. Because you're the only person from your village that has managed to get out of the country doesn't mean other Nigerians are trapped in Nigeria.

I won't be surprised if you've never even stepped in an airport before. Lol.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
Suffering and smiling! You're trapped and raped in Nigeria.
TripleOh7:

Mumu. Because you're the only person from your village that has managed to get out of the country doesn't mean other Nigerians are trapped in Nigeria.

I won't be surprised if you've never even stepped in an airport before. Lol.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
[s]
nowhere:
Suffering and smiling! You're trapped and raped in Nigeria.
[/s]

You can run along now, junior.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
90% of Nigerians in Nigeria are being raped daily and you're one of them. I sympathize though.
TripleOh7:
[s][/s]

You can run along now, junior.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2021
nowhere:
90% of Nigerians in Nigeria are being raped daily and I am one of them. Please sympathize with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. / Photo Of Keke Carrying A Big Water Tank / Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.