Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God (509 Views)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Funkybabee(f): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Happy Sunday to my fellow Nairaland ladies and gentlemen.

There's something that prone me to create a counter thread like this because it seems some people outside Christianity did not know why we called Jesus a son of God and God..

I know you guys also believe in scripture so u guys can also follow my little explaining backup by the scripture which u are free to ask me any questions that might have contradict ur opinion.

Let begin from Gen 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

These verses made it clear to us that God (The Father is made up of spirit and word(Jesus Christ that came in flesh)

Now come to John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 :

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1 :

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1 :

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1 :

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

1 :

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

1 :

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

1 :

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

1 :

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

1 :

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

1 :

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

1:

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

1:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 :

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now you can read the verse 14 very well, it speaks about the word again, which dwell with us and was made a flesh, which is Jesus Christ that John bear his witness.

Now, the same God sent his word(Jesus Christ) to us to deliver us from our sins which his part of him in the beginning states they are one

And back to the slave and son arguments

Every body knows that there's different between slaves, servant and child

God has given us power to become a son of God through Jesus Christ in John1:

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Why would I now come down to a stage of being slaves while I have access to be a son or even friend through Christ..

Fine, I can call me a servant, that's when am serving my Father, which is God.

In dictionary, there's different definition given to this word one by one

Slave

Servant

Child

So remember that, Christ have redeem us from the curse of the law, u are Gods children, there are a lots benefit in Christ.

It does not cost you anything to follow him, salvation is free, you can repent today and be the son of God.

Don't let devil deceive you that ur sins cannot be redeemed, there's no amount of sins that Christ blood cannot redeem. Give your life to him today because tomorrow might be too late.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Janosky: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
Funkybabee:

There's something that prone me to create a counter thread like this because it seems some people outside Christianity did not know why we called Jesus a son of God and God..

I know you guys also believe in scripture so u guys can also follow my little explaining backup by the scripture which u are free to ask me any questions that might have contradict ur opinion.

Let begin from Gen 1:

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

These verses made it clear to us that God (The Father, is made of flesh, spirit and word)

Now come to John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 :

1 :

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1 :

1 :

1 :

1 :

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

1 :

1 :

1 :

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

1 :

1:

1:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 :

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now you can read the verse 14 very well, it speaks about the word again, which dwell with us and was made a flesh, which is Jesus Christ that John bear his witness.

Now, the same God sent his word(Jesus Christ) to us to deliver us from our sins which his part of him in the beginning states they are one

Why would I now come down to a stage of being slaves while I have access to be a son or even friend through Christ..

Slave

Servant

Child

So remember that, Christ have redeem us from the curse of the law, u are Gods children, there are a lots benefit in Christ.

It does not cost you anything to follow him, salvation is free, you can repent today and be the son of God.

Don't let devil deceive you that ur sins cannot be redeemed, there's no amount of sins that Christ blood cannot redeem. Give your life to him today because tomorrow might be too late.

Shalom
OP, that your claim ( "These verses made it clear to us that God (The Father, is made of flesh, spirit and word)"
Its NOT in Genesis 1:1-3, which other chapter and verse can I check it?

"The Father is made up of flesh, spirit and word."
Hhhhmmm ! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Funkybabee(f): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
Janosky:

OP, that your claim ( "These verses made it clear to us that God (The Father, is made of flesh, spirit and word)"
Its NOT in Genesis 1:1-3, which other chapter and verse can I check it?

"The Father is made up of flesh, spirit and word."
Hhhhmmm ! grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you for the quote, I want to include Christ who came in flesh to it
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Janosky: 12:19am On Jun 28, 2021
Funkybabee:

Thank you for the quote, I want to include Christ who came in flesh to it
You mean your previous statement,
"These verses made it clear to us that God (The Father, is made of flesh, spirit and word)" is NOT correct?
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Funkybabee(f): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
Janosky:

You mean your previous statement,
"These verses made it clear to us that God (The Father, is made of flesh, spirit and word)" is NOT correct?

Read my respond again

And check the post again
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2021
Unfortunately many anti christ have gone ahead of us to teach weak minds that Jesus is not God

They claim he was Michael
They claim he is only son
They claim he is God mighty but not almighty

Well nothing u say can make them see the truth it hidden from them they can't see that Jesus is God
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
Funkybabee:

Let begin from Gen 1:

These verses made it clear to us that God (The Father is made up of spirit and word(Jesus Christ that came in flesh)

Now come to John 1

1 :

1 :

1 :

1 :

1 :

1 :

1 :

1 :

1 :

1 :

1:

1:

1 :

Slave

Servant

Child

Shalom

Jesus is not a God

The English is wrong

Jesus is God
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Funkybabee(f): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Jesus is not a God

The English is wrong

Jesus is God

God will open your eyes to see more of it

The word is beyond a physical understand
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Funkybabee:

May Jesus our God have mercy on u for not knowing him properly
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Janosky: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
Funkybabee:

Bishopkingsley:

May Jesus our God have mercy on u for not knowing him properly
My Igbo brethren will say: "Just negodu !"

The same 'oly ghost giving 'Bishop K' & 'Funky B's conflicting revelations & DECEIVING them.
The God & Father of all is NOT the God of confusion, Ephesians 4:6.1 Corinthians 14:33.
You guys are indeed super confused grin grin grin

Matthew 16:13-17, 1 Corinthians 3:23, 1Corinthians 11:1,3, & John 20:17,Did Paul and Peter receive conflicting teaching from Jesus Christ?
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Janosky: 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Unfortunately many anti christ have gone ahead of us to teach weak minds that Jesus is not God

1. They claim he was Michael
2. They claim he is only son
3. They claim he is God mighty but not almighty

Well nothing u say can make them see the truth it hidden from them they can't see that Jesus is God

Bros, John 20:17, did Jesus reject your claim?
Why do you DECEIVE yourself? grin

1. Daniel 10:13 & Daniel 12:1, Geneva
Bible,1599.
The Geneva Bible was used to produce your KJV..
2. Bros, you made a FALSE claim &
DUBIOUSLY framed the expression "only
son."
Jesus called himself "only begotten son,"
3. Bros, why do you dispute against Jesus Christ @ John 20:17 & Revelation 3:5,12?

"Mighty God" is a title for man, Jesus, angels & Yahweh.
Bros, roger that.

grin grin

Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Janosky: 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2021
Funkybabee:

Read my respond again

And check the post again
John3:16, Jesus the son came in the flesh.
Compare John 5:37 & John 20:17, Jesus says "I am ascending to my God & your God, my Father & your Father"?

What is your view about Jesus statement @ John 20:17 & John 5:37 ?
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Funkybabee(f): 8:08am On Jun 29, 2021
Like I said, everyone are entitled to their opinion.

Let whom has the ear hears

Shalom
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Funkybabee(f): 8:11am On Jun 29, 2021
Janosky:

Bros, John 20:17, did Jesus reject your claim?
Why do you DECEIVE yourself? grin

1. Daniel 10:13 & Daniel 12:1, Geneva
Bible,1599.
The Geneva Bible was used to produce your KJV..
2. Bros, you made a FALSE claim &
DUBIOUSLY framed the expression "only
son."
Jesus called himself "only begotten son,"
3. Bros, why do you dispute against Jesus Christ @ John 20:17 & Revelation 3:5,12?

"Mighty God" is a title for man, Jesus, angels & Yahweh.
Bros, roger that.

grin grin

I salute your footnotes oooo grin
Re: Why Jesus Is The Son Of God, And Why We Called Him A God by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2021
Philippians 2:5-6 “You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.”

John 17:21 “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”

John 1:18 “No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.“

Colossians 2:9-10 “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily. and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.“

John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.“

. John 5:18 “This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.“

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.“

John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.“

1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.“

Romans 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

(i am He) note this is God name in old testament when he told Moses see it bellow

John 8:57-58 “The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?” Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!”

John 8:22-24 “This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?” But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

John 13:18-19 “I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: ‘He who shared my bread has turned against me.’ “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.

Isaiah 44:6 “Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.”

1 Corinthians 8:6 “Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.”

. Revelation 2:8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.“

Revelation 1:17-18 “When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.“

Only God can be worshiped. Jesus was worshiped.

Matthew 2:1-2 “After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

Matthew 28:8-9 “So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.“

Jesus is prayed to revealing that He is God
Below

. Acts 7:59-60 “And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.“

Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”

. 2 Corinthians 13:14 “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”

John 20:27-28 “Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Peter 1:1 “Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.“

Acts 20:28 “Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.“

John 10:30 “The Father and I are one.”

(1) (Reply)

I've Never Been As Unsure Of Nigeria Future As I Am Now. bishop Matthew H. Kukah / First Address By Mrs Evelyn Joshua, The New Leader Of TB Joshua Church (SCOAN) / 14 Best New Global Online Revivalists (Tested and Trusted)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.