Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga (78362 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Pictures Of Four Oduduwa Monuments In Different Cities / Some Interesting Nigerian Proverbs With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by drinoayo: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
A Nigerian student at the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom Gift Odoh has shared photos of his foreign friends online dressed in Nigerian attires, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Odoh’s white friends were in the picture dressed in Idoma attire and Babariga.

The Nigerian graduated with a first class in electrical and electronic engineering from the Modibbo Adama University of Technology in Yola.

“Very often, my friends ask about Nigeria and our rich culture. So one evening, I casually said to my friends, I have some cultural attires from Nigeria, and they immediately wanted to try them. Funny story, I almost forgot, and they reminded me about the dresses as they were looking forward to it. I think they rocked it pretty well!” he wrote on Instagram.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/giftodoh_nigeria-activity-6815182511170183169-cQva/

Odoh is currently doing his master’s with focus on artificial intelligence, robotics and control.

He added that his friends have also tasted ogbono, egusi and groundnut soups with semo and eba, beans and garri and “our world best Jollof Rice.”

“They want to see the beautiful country and people that is #Nigeria someday, and I hope it becomes a reality,” he added.

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by KillMNKnow(f): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2021
God bless Buhari

58 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Simplyleo: 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2021
The dress no get fitting for their body.

See them looking like dolls. undecided

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by athaboi(f): 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2021
Africa

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2021
Cultural misappropriation according to liberals and black Americans grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2021
We wey com dey wear suit nko without causing any stir nko embarassed angry

189 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by orikoku: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
Yoruba cultures... Sweet

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by mbak(m): 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
I hope if I wear onyibo suit, they will celebrate me

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
orikoku:
Yoruba cultures... Sweet

Idoma culture not yoruba.

They look similar but that is the attire for idomas

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by DDDEnterprises: 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2021
Interesting!!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by r4bbit: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2021
Simplyleo:
The dress no get fitting for their body.

See them looking like dolls. undecided
De truth be seh you be Mumu....!!!

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by r4bbit: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Anyways.... It's still good.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by FreeStuffsNG: 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

It's actually aso oke. There are aso oke with different designs that have the similar stripes of the tiv/idoma Benue brothers.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
It's actually aso oke. There are aso oke with different designs that have the similar tribes of the tiv/idoma Benue brothers.

Aso oke is the name given to it by the yorubas but the idomas have their own name for it

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by illicit(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
Not bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Coldie(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
Alot of people see taking pictures with oyibo as lifetime achievement

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by jesmond3945: 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2021
drinoayo:
A Nigerian student at the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom Gift Odoh has shared photos of his foreign friends online dressed in Nigerian attires, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Odoh’s white friends were in the picture dressed in Idoma attire and Babariga.

The Nigerian graduated with a first class in electrical and electronic engineering from the Modibbo Adama University of Technology in Yola.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/giftodoh_nigeria-activity-6815182511170183169-cQva/

Odoh is currently doing his master’s with focus on artificial intelligence, robotics and control.

He added that his friends have also tasted ogbono, egusi and groundnut soups with semo and eba, beans and garri and “our world best Jollof Rice.”

“They want to see the beautiful country and people that is #Nigeria someday, and I hope it becomes a reality,” he added.

Lalasticlala
op I think you are the Nigerian student

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Richy4(m): 3:09am On Jun 30, 2021
What destroyed the whole thing was their choice of footwear... apart from that, they are good....The Odoh man should have at least explained that native especially 1500 doesn't go with boots smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by khia: 3:30am On Jun 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Cultural misappropriation according to liberals and black Americans grin grin

Actually it's you Nigerians that accuse Black Americans of appropriating when we dress in African attire but I guess it's a sign of respect and appreciation when whites wear African clothing. SMH undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Almaigaa: 4:54am On Jun 30, 2021
IDOMA Amaka

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Iceyjayz: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2021
Nice one though

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 30, 2021
grin
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Divoc19(f): 10:47am On Jun 30, 2021
Positive influence. Ride on.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by tutudesz: 11:41am On Jun 30, 2021
undecided grin
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Calmthunder(m): 11:41am On Jun 30, 2021
Beautiful!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.