Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging (1297 Views)

10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ / The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State / WAEC RUNS And WAEC Miracle Centers: Why You Must Avoid Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
Have you ever thought about what the future holds for Nigerian Students especially Fresh Graduates? Take a minute and just think about it.

Every time I see Secondary school students, my heart bleeds. And I am wondering how all of these people are going to get jobs when they finish school.

Interestingly the Nigerian Student covers more than 50% of the Nigerian Population. Graduates are churned out from Nigerian Universities in their thousands yearly. Nigeria's unemployment rate has grown worse since the Buhari Administration step into the office.
The report has it that there are 308-degree awarding institutions in Nigeria out of which 134 are polytechnics and 174 universities. Now, all of these institutions admit about 2 Million people annually and only 600,000 graduates each year.
Here is the shock, from the report; I discovered that these 600,000 graduates contribute to the 25 Million unemployed graduates in Nigeria. Please feel free to Google this information online.
Just in 2014, we had 520,000 graduates storm recruitment centers to apply for 4000 vacant positions in the Nigeria Immigration Service. Can you imagine that? And this happens every time.
To make matters worse, 16 people died in the stampede on that day.
My pain is, if we don't see this as a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately, that means we are ready for serious poverty in this country.
The reason I am talking about this is because when I and my course mates graduated from Covenant University in 2013, we faced similar issues in the labor market. But I quickly found out many of us were making four terrible mistakes at the time of our graduation. And these are mistakes even you can easily make or you are already making.
Here are the mistakes and how to correct them:

1. The assumption that once you graduate, you are going to get a job: This is the biggest lie of this century. Even our Uncles and Lecturers who promised some of us a Job after school has failed to uphold their promises. The Nigerian Economy strategically positioned by the past and the present administration is designed to keep people unemployed. And you know why? So youths can be easily manipulated with the money they throw all around.

2. The assumption that your certificate will feed you: I am sorry this is one of those mistakes, but many graduates today are not using their certificates at all. They tried to but couldn't use it. So the earlier you delete this assumption from your mind the better for you. What will eventually feed you is what you can do. Organizations want people that know what to do in every situation; they are less concerned with your degree. Can you provide a solution to a problem? Then you will feed well.

3. The third mistake Fresh graduates make and this is for those working. Graduates forget that their new job is supposed to fund their dream careers. This happens a lot. I have seen people spend 30 years in a job they didn't like and regretted they didn't take a step out to pursue their dream. People get into a job and because of how they have suffered before getting one, their whole plan of getting their dream career changes. All because of the salary they get monthly. This is the worst and most common mistake with graduates today.

4. Fresh graduates who save money for the rainy days: Now I am not against saving. In fact, saving is one of the bedrock of building wealth. But the problem is, graduates, fail to understand the purpose of saving money. I personally believe that the purpose of saving money for any graduate today is so they can invest same in building valuable skills that will increase their worth. The more valuable you are in the marketplace, the more money anyone will pay you to help them. Nothing is wrong with saving money for that fine dress you have always wanted but also save money so you can attend courses that will help you build skills and capacity the world really needs today. There are valuable courses online and offline that cost as low as N10,000 and as high as N100,000 that can help you do that. These were courses that even helped many graduates today own their businesses. This I believe should be the main purpose for saving as a fresh graduate.

Now is here is why I wrote this article. I know and am sure you will also agree with me, that the rate of unemployment in Nigeria will continue to go worse. Because the numbers of graduates these days are more than ten times the available jobs today. My concern is to ensure that you are not part of those that will be affected.

This is why you can actually start to plan your way out of unemployment. This free video explains the skills you can build up immediately to escape unemployment especially when you graduate.

The link below helps you watch this special video https://realbricks.aweb.page/p/4bece02a-36e1-4977-b6b5-87438c41d87a

Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2021
Adelakstaichi:
Have you ever thought about what the future holds for Nigerian Students especially Fresh Graduates? Take a minute and just think about it.

Every time I see Secondary school students, my heart bleeds. And I am wondering how all of these people are going to get jobs when they finish school.

Interestingly the Nigerian Student covers more than 50% of the Nigerian Population. Graduates are churned out from Nigerian Universities in their thousands yearly. Nigeria's unemployment rate has grown worse since the Buhari Administration step into the office.
The report has it that there are 308-degree awarding institutions in Nigeria out of which 134 are polytechnics and 174 universities. Now, all of these institutions admit about 2 Million people annually and only 600,000 graduates each year.
Here is the shock, from the report; I discovered that these 600,000 graduates contribute to the 25 Million unemployed graduates in Nigeria. Please feel free to Google this information online.
Just in 2014, we had 520,000 graduates storm recruitment centers to apply for 4000 vacant positions in the Nigeria Immigration Service. Can you imagine that? And this happens every time.
My pain is, if we don't see this as a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately, that means we are ready for serious poverty in this country.
The reason I am talking about this is because when I and my course mates graduated from Covenant University in 2013, we faced similar issues in the labor market. But I quickly found out many of us were making four terrible mistakes at the time of our graduation. And these are mistakes even you can easily make or you are already making.

1. The assumption that once you graduate, you are going to get a job: This is the biggest lie of this century. Even our Uncles and Lecturers who promised some of us a Job after school has failed to uphold their promises. The Nigerian Economy strategically positioned by the past and the present administration is designed to keep people unemployed. And you know why? So youths can be easily manipulated with the money they throw all around.

2. The assumption that your certificate will feed you: I am sorry this is one of those mistakes, but many graduates today are not using their certificates at all. They tried to but couldn't use it. So the earlier you delete this assumption from your mind the better for you. What will eventually feed you is what you can do. Organizations want people that know what to do in every situation; they are less concerned with your degree. Can you provide a solution to a problem? Then you will feed well.

3. The third mistake Fresh graduates make and this is for those working. Graduates forget that their new job is supposed to fund their dream careers. This happens a lot. I have seen people spend 30 years in a job they didn't like and regretted they didn't take a step out to pursue their dream. People get into a job and because of how they have suffered before getting one, their whole plan of getting their dream career changes. All because of the salary they get monthly. This is the worst and most common mistake with graduates today.

4. Fresh graduates who save money for the rainy days: Now I am not against saving. In fact, saving is one of the bedrock of building wealth. But the problem is, graduates, fail to understand the purpose of saving money. I personally believe that the purpose of saving money for any graduate today is so they can invest same in building valuable skills that will increase their worth. The more valuable you are in the marketplace, the more money anyone will pay you to help them. Nothing is wrong with saving money for that fine dress you have always wanted but also save money so you can attend courses that will help you build skills and capacity the world really needs today. There are valuable courses online and offline that cost as low as N10,000 and as high as N100,000 that can help you do that. These were courses that even helped many graduates today own their businesses. This I believe should be the main purpose for saving as a fresh graduate.

Now is here is why I wrote this article. I know and am sure you will also agree with me, that the rate of unemployment in Nigeria will continue to go worse. Because the numbers of graduates these days are more than ten times the available jobs today. My concern is to ensure that you are not part of those that will be affected.

This is why you can actually start to plan your way out of unemployment. This free video explains the skills you can build up immediately to escape unemployment especially when you graduate.

The link below helps you watch this special video https://realbricks.aweb.page/p/4bece02a-36e1-4977-b6b5-87438c41d87a.

Cheers smiley
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
[quote author=Adelakstaichi post=103289906][/quote] https://realbricks.aweb.page/p/4bece02a-36e1-4977-b6b5-87438c41d87a
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by kodded(m): 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2021
Excaly
That's why I support buhari when he said that nigerian youths are lazy

A typical nigerian youths mentality revolves around going to university, get a good grade, look for a job, survive with the job till retirement.

Repeat the cycle again with the next generation undecided
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
You hit the nail on the head. If I show you what some youths and doing with affiliate marketing online. Making good money. Our education system has really crippled us. Am glad I found this online business am doing.
kodded:
Excaly

A typical nigerian youths mentality revolves around going to university, get a good grade, look for a job, survive with the job till retirement.

Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2021
Adelakstaichi:
You hit the nail on the head. If I show you what some youths and doing with affiliate marketing online. Making good money. Our education system has really crippled us. Am glad I found this online business am doing.
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by kodded(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Adelakstaichi:
thanks, please are you into affiliate marketing?
If yes, please can I send you a message on whastapp?
I would love to learn more about affiliate marketing
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Jaydot01: 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
Nice write up
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 6:07am On Jul 03, 2021
Yes, I am into affiliate marketing. And I making good money from it since April this year. Kindly click on the write-up and fill in your details. I will contact you immediately.
kodded:
thanks, please are you into affiliate marketing?
If yes, please can I send you a message on whastapp?
I would love to learn more about affiliate marketing
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 8:55am On Jul 03, 2021
Thanks. Click the link below to get free access to the special video on how you can make genuinemoney online.
Jaydot01:
Nice write up
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2021
Adelakstaichi:
Thanks. Click the link below to get free access to the special video on how you can make genuinemoney online.
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
Looking at this again ehn. I will say the Buhari Administration knows what they are doing. It's all planned I swear. If you think this government is dumb we will be the biggest fools on the planet.
kodded:
Excaly

Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 12:22am On Jul 05, 2021
Hello chief, please have you been able to fill your details in the form. Or kindly send me your phone number here
Adelakstaichi:
Yes, I am into affiliate marketing. And I making good money from it since April this year. Kindly click on the write-up and fill in your details. I will contact you immediately.
Re: Four Terrible Mistakes Graduates Must Avoid That Will Save Them From Begging by Adelakstaichi(m): 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2021

Interestingly the Nigerian Student covers more than 50% of the Nigerian Population. Graduates are churned out from Nigerian Universities in their thousands yearly. Nigeria's unemployment rate has grown worse since the Buhari Administration step into office.
The reason I am talking about this is that when I and my course mates graduated from Covenant University in 2013, we faced similar issues in the labor market. But I quickly found out many of us were making four terrible mistakes at the time of our graduation. And these are mistakes even you can easily make or you are already making.

The link below helps you watch this special video: https://adelakuntaiwo5-2fece.gr8.com/

(1) (Reply)

Super Earth With Possibility For Life, 10.8 days Makes A Year Discovered (Pics) / Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible / Peter Obi At Throne Room Ministry In Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.