Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World (7582 Views)

Cost Effective 3 Bedroom Bungalow Arc Design / What Is The Most Cost Effective Way To Waybill Items Cheaply Within Nigeria / Affiliate Marketing: Why Is It One Of The Most Cost-effective Ways To Advertise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 12:12am On Jul 05, 2021
*....And how it cut the cost of building a house up to 15%*

Hello there,

I'm Emmanuel from hydraform block homes

In this article we will discuss about this cost effective building system,

We would look at what this system is...

what you stand to benefit from it( if you use it to build your house)

And…

Answers to some questions I know you might have.

Without further ado, let's dive in.

The most cost effective building solution is called the hydraform building system.

This building system uses INTERLOCKING blocks made by compressing the mixture of red earth, cement and water.

The compression is done by the hydraulic hammer in the hydraform interlocking block making machine.

Unlike the conventional building blocks, these interlocking blocks don't need "mortar" to hold them in place--they are dry stacked!

The blocks are interlocked on four sides: the front, back, bottom and top; this feature is one of the innovations this building system brings.

It doesn't end there,

another innovation is, the blocks are produced at clients site thus eliminating the need for transporting the blocks to site and also the COST that would have been INCURRED for the transportation.

Features of the blocks

The block comes in different sizes and shapes.

It comes in 9"( the size of block is 220mm wide, 110mm high, 220 long)

While the 6" has a dimension of 150mm wide, 110mm high and 220mm long)

The colour of the block is usually red brown; this is as a result of the redish colour of laterite used as fine aggregate in production of the block.

The block has a KEY-LIKE EDGE on the top, bottom, front and back side...it is this edge that makes it POSSIBLE for the blocks to be INTERLOCK!

See picture of the block below[image]

Features of this building system

1...the block are dry stacked, they don't need mortar to hold them together because they interlock on four sides: the front, back, bottom and top

2...For a bungalow you don't need columns if you are using this system. The block(wall) becomes the load bearing member that carries the load and transmits it to the foundation and then to the subsoil.

But, for duplexes and multi storey buildings, frame structures are deployed, as load bearing wall structure wouldn't work.

What I mean is for duplexes and multi storey buildings you will need columns, beams and other load bearing members.

3..The block comes with a smooth surface and there is no need for plastering (especially the exterior wall)--you just polish it.

Some people prefer plastering, especially the interior part of the wall to give it the normal look and feel of the conventional building.

4...the block has thermal properties that keeps the house warm inside, when it's cold outside...and keeps inside cold when it's hot outside.

You should consider building your house with this interlocking block because it has tons of benefits.

See some of the benefits of below:

Benefits of hydraform building system

This building system reduces the cost of building a house up to 15%.

Little wonder the governments of some African countries and even Asian countries are heavily vested in it.

They use this system for the development of low cost housing estates for their citizens.

One major African country that has adopted this system is South Africa and other countries are following suit.

how this system reduce the cost of building a house by 15%:

It's able to do so because of the following:

1...since the blocks are interlocked and don't need mortar to hold them together, the money that would have been spent on buying cement and sharp sand is saved.

To drive this point home let's take a look at this example:

In Nigeria if you are building a house with the conventional block...you need two bags of cement and some sand for mortar to set the 100 blocks.

100 blocks is 10SQM.

A bag of cement costs 4000 naira now( and it's still climbing).

If you use interlocking block(hydraform building system) you would have saved N8,000 on cement that would have been used to set the 100 blocks, because with the interlocking blocks there is no need for mortar.

Now…

If what you are building is say a 3 bedroom bungalow...what you need is 4000 blocks ( factoring breakages)

If 2 bags of cement is needed for mortar to hold 100 blocks together,

Then you will need 80 bags of cement for the 3 bedroom.

The cost of 80 bags is (80×4000 naira) N320,000.

But, when you use this building system you will save N320,000 on cement that would have been used for mortar!

You also SAVED money on the SHARP SAND(say 20tons which is sold for around N55,000) that would have been needed for the mortar.

These building system CUT down the AMOUNT of CEMENT needed in a building by 70%.

Yes you heard me clearly by 70%!

2… the second benefit of this system is:

if what you are building is a bungalow, the wall will act as the load bearing member,

It will carry and transmit the load to the foundation and then to the subsoil.

There will be no need for columns!

What this means is the amount of granite you will need will be reduced, as It will only be used in the foundation.

Also, the number of reinforcement needed will be minimal as it will only be required in the foundation work…

And am sure you know what the cost of reinforcement is right now.

Lastly, the number of cement will be reduced too.

By using the walls as a load bearing member you save money on CEMENT, REINFORCEMENT and GRANITE.

3...Since the block comes with a smooth surface, you can decide not to plaster the wall, especially the outer part of the wall. You just polish..and again you SAVE MONEY" on the "CEMENT" you would have used for plaster and the amount of plaster sand you would buy.

4...the cost of laterite(red earth) used in production of the interlocking blocks is affordable and readily available….and you know when the supply of a thing exceeds demand the price of that thing becomes very affordable.

5...I spoke of the thermal property of the block, it's ability to regulate the temperature; when it's hot outside, the inside stays cool.

This block has the same thermal property of the CLAY POT our fathers used to store water.(If you remember, the water in the pot is always cool irrespective of the scorching sun and hot temperature).

The benefit of this is minimal need for the Air condition to be turned on...

...and Minimal need for always turning on the generator(you save money on fuel that would have been used to run the generator)...

The accumulation of all the cost saved in different areas of the building(which I just showed you) using the hydraform building system, makes it possible for the building system to cut down the cost of building a house by up to 15% when compared to using the conventional building method.

As a matter of fact we did a cost comparative analysis of what it will cost to build a 3 bedroom flat using a hydraform building system and what it will cost using the conventional built system..

The result was that the hydraform building system cost 18% less than the conventional building system.

Don't take my word for it...I would love to send you the PDF document showing this analysis and other informative documents about this system.

To get it Call or WhatsApp 08061164526

Back to where we were before I diverted a little.

There are other strategy we deploy to help even further cut down on the cost of building a house like:

The choice of roof...

The type of roofing sheet used and lots more...

The building design...

The Building Finishing etc..

"At hydraform block homes" the design and build team takes care of these.

We come up with peculiar and bespoke designs that fit your needs, desires or specifics!

This is only possible after we might have discussed with you to know what you really want in a house, how you want the house to look and feel.

For me the design stage is the most interesting because it involves taking an intangible idea and interpreting it on paper.

I can't wait to hear what your idea of a house is.

Quickly, here are the answers to some of the questions I think you might have.

1...will water not penetrate through the wall since it is not held together by mortar?

Answer: No it will not. The joints are tight and water can't pass through.

2... wouldn't the block swell since it's made with red earth (a.k.a clay soil)

Answer: it would not. The block is stabilized with cement (each block has 10% cement content) and it's cured for seven days after production before it's used.

3...since the blocks are not hollow how do you pass the plumbing pipes and electrical pipes?

Answer: The plumbing pipes can be installed as conduit, same with the electric pipe.

Just like how it is in the conventional building system.

4... wouldn't the wall fall when chiseling the holes to insert the electrical and plumbing pipes?

Answer: No it will not fall. We will not chisel the wall but rather, what we will do is cut the wall neatly with a special cutting tool and insert the pipes.

5...in the bathroom will the wall be left bare?wouldn't water cause mold and algae to grow on the wall?

Answer: the walls of the toilet and bathroom will be tiled the same way it's done with the conventional blocks.

Note: the bathroom will have the same toilet wares as the conventional building system.

6...how many interlocking block makes a SQM

Answer: 38

7...Do you sell the block?

Answer: No we don't. We produce the blocks at the client site.

8...if I want to build with this system what do I do? How do we go about it?

Answer: We first need to discuss with you to know the concept you have in mind and show you the different approach to making it a reality.

To learn more about this building system
Call or WhatsApp 08061164526 MTN/ 08122492678 AIRTEL

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by JohnasI: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write so much detailed information on the subject. I was very pleased to read this. Also, I would like to share something with you. I mean the good roofers in Burleson tx who helped me with the roof repair last winter. It was terrible, but they did the job. Totally recommended.
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
JohnasI:
Thank you for taking the time to write so much detailed information on the subject. I was very pleased to read this. Also, I would like to share something with you. I mean the good roofers in Burleson tx who helped me with the roof repair last winter. It was terrible, but they did the job. Totally recommended.

Nice back link strategy.

2 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2021
More frequently asked questions:

How much do you sell the block?

Do you sell the block?

I get this question a lot lately.

The answer or my response to that question is NO I DON'T SELL THE BLOCK!

We produce the blocks at the client's site. We come with the full team... The production team and the installation team.

Why?

BECAUSE it COST EFFECTIVE TO DO SO!

THE COST IMPLICATIONS OF THIS TO THE CLIENT IS

The client is told the amount of CEMENT, LATERITE to buy... And the client pays the cost of production.

The cost of production entails or encompasses

The machine cost

Diesel the machine will run on

The Labour cost of 6 people that work with the machine to produce the blocks.

Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 9:45am On Jul 10, 2021
Contd:

Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
Contd
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2021
Emmelix:
Contd

Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by vpaymoney(m): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
How much is the estimated cost to build a standard 3bdrm flat bungalow all ensuite with your your system? And is it only Lagos you guys operate?
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2021
Contd
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2021
Emmelix:
Contd
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2021
vpaymoney:
How much is the estimated cost to build a standard 3bdrm flat bungalow all ensuite with your your system? And is it only Lagos you guys operate?

It's not only in Lagos, we build a there in Nigeria EXCEPT sambisa ):

As regards your questions;

I need to know the location you plan on building as it will help me to determine the kind of foundation to deploy.

Then I also need to see a plan...to help me come up with a BOQ!

Except you just want me to give you estimate on just the block work

Send me a WhatsApp on 08061164526!
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 11:38am On Jul 17, 2021
Hi, I have been getting a lot of calls from prospective clients lately and I noticed a trend.

In the course of the conversation I realized that a few of them mistake COST-EFFECTIVENESS for CHEAP.

Let's look at a simple definition of cost-effectiveness.

Cost-effectiveness is producing good result without costing a lot of money!

In one of the calls I got this question:

Can this your building system cut the cost of building a house by 50%?

I was stunned when I heard that...but I explained to him why it can't.

There are other factors that determine the cost of building a house, like:

The cost of labour or man power

Woods needed for roofing and other wood works

Your choice of the building finishing and cost of the material for the finishing.

I had to add this so it can help you understand this system more.

Above all, if a new building innovation that can cut the cost of building a house by 50% pop's up (without jeopardising it's structural integrity and aesthetics),

I will definitely roll it out!
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Details about the Interlocking block production machine:

The machine below is called hydraform Interlocking M7M1 machine.

Comes in different mould size.

Production capacity is 1500 blocks daily.

Six persons work with this machine daily to produce the blocks.

Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
):
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2021
CONTD
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
Emmelix:
CONTD
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
?
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2021
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 11:30am On Jul 27, 2021
Contd
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
Emmelix:
Contd
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
Emmelix:
Contd
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2021
More topics coming shortly
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Paulo3ree(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2021
Hi Emmelix
How do one manage such building in termites infested area
Thanks
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 9:44am On Aug 04, 2021
Paulo3ree:
Hi Emmelix
How do one manage such building in termites infested area
Thanks

): Smiles...

*If you are wondering if termite will bore holes through the blocks...or build their house inside the block you have nothing to worry about.*

If you read the post there is a paragraph where I told you how the block is produced.

I said, it's produces by compressing the mixture of CEMENT laterite and water(small quantity of it).

For a grade A red Interlocking we use 10% cement content.

The cement helps to stabilise the block...make it strong.

*Do you know BULLET can't penetrate the grade A Interlocking block*

Well if you didn't...NOW you do!

Do you know I have never thought about this way...

...And No prospects has asked me this question before- you are the first!

Thank you for this question, I will add it to my FAQ page.

If you have any other questions you can ask me.
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Paulo3ree(m): 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
Emmelix:

*If you are wondering if termite will bore holes through the blocks...or build their house inside the block you have nothing to worry about.*

If you read the post there is a paragraph where I told you how the block is produced.

I said, it's produces by compressing the mixture of CEMENT laterite and water(small quantity of it).

Probably they don't have it disturbing them in their area(state)
Thanks
[more info about it will be appreciated]
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Roysnickz: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2021
Very good work, I must admit. Those lateral-cement interlocking blocks when properly mould and curled are stronger than the normal cement blocks. This is in addition to being more economical. Your sample pictures are also good. The only downturn here is the floor finishing. As seen in the pictures, the floors are not finished to a befitting test. Perhaps, that may not be your work.
Fortunately enough, this is exactly where I comes in...For a classic and epic stamp concrete floor finishing, you can contact us through 08034942861
snickzroy@gmail.com

Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2021
Emmelix:

If you have read this till this point, and still have questions (about the red Interlocking block or hydraform building system that the article was not able to address) you can ask me here or shoot me a WhatsApp message.

Although, I prefer you ask me here so other that might have same question we see my answer.

I hope this helps

I will prefer you ask it here so
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2021
Paulo3ree:

Probably they don't have it disturbing them in their area(state)
Thanks
[more info about it will be appreciated]

Where do you stay?

Where is your area?

You reply tells me you're still skeptical and you don't believe the answer I gave you.

Does termite bore hole through a sandcrete block?

If your answer is NO, then...

Why do you think they don't?

*If you stay in Lagos,I would love to invite you to my office so we can talk about this building system,and also so I can take you on a tour to all the projects we have done using this block.*

*If you are not in Lagos I will let be to ship one of the blocks to you so you can keep close to any ant mole in your area...

Leave it for four weeks then go back and check if the termite's has bore a hole through it*

I would love to use some engineering terminology but I want this article to be so simple that a sixth grade can read and understand it.

Lastly remember I told you one of the material used in making the block is CEMENT...
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Paulo3ree(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2021
Emmelix:

Where do you stay?

Where is your area?

You reply tells me you're still skeptical and you don't believe the answer I gave you.

*If you stay in Lagos,I would love to invite you to my office so we can talk about this building system,and also so I can take you on a tour to all the projects we have done using this block.*

*If you are not in Lagos I will let be to ship one of the blocks to you so you can keep close to any ant mole in your area...

Leave it for four weeks then go back and check if the termite's has bore a hole through it*

I would love to use some engineering terminology but I want this article to be so simple that a sixth grade can read and understand it.

Lastly remember I told you one of the material used in making the block is CEMENT...

I opt for the 2nd*
A sample test would be wonderful.
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2021
Emmelix:

Where do you stay?

Where is your area?

Still waiting for more questions please
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 7:25am On Aug 11, 2021
Emmelix:

Still waiting for more questions please
Re: All You Need To Know About The MOST Cost Effective Building System In The World by Emmelix(m): 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2021
?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can I Open Another Bank Account, My BVN Is Linked To So Many Old, Huge Debts / Help With Naira Mastercard/visacard International Spending Limit / Grant Empowerment Program Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.