Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. (2831 Views)

Implementation of Part of speech tagger for Igbo and Yoruba / Web Based Software Vs Standalone Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. by Alexanda07(m): 5:13am On May 10, 2011
Dear programmers in the house, am a final year computer science student of Unizik, currently writing my project. What are the tools needed to develop and implement a web based student academic record generating system. Its very necessary. Also can i design it myself within the shortest time possible. Thanks, Alexander.
Re: Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. by talk2hb1(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2011
yes you can achieve it in the shortest possible time, you can download an open source application at sourceforge.net and customize it to your taste
sanjuma
Re: Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. by csharpjava(m): 12:28pm On May 10, 2011
I will recommend you use C# if you known some Java as the syntax are very similar. For the database I will recommend ms access. You will need to setup IIS on your computer so that you can test your application locally on a windows computer.
Re: Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. by ogzille(m): 10:15pm On May 10, 2011
@csharpjava, he said web based!
Re: Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. by csharpjava(m): 10:23pm On May 10, 2011
ogzille
@csharpjava, he said web based!

My suggestion is the first step to creating a web based application with C# on a windows computer, the second stage is to deploy the application onto a web server.

The poster has not told us whether the application should be deployed onto a web server.
Re: Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. by Alexanda07(m): 4:06am On May 11, 2011
This is just a project. It will not be deployed in a web server. Well, considering previous post, c# is very difficult to learn as i hate any compiled language including java. I just need it with PHP and not ASP.net. What about the interface, is css the best to use. Thanks
Re: Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. by csharpjava(m): 10:50pm On May 11, 2011
It will be easier for you to use tables to present the data from the database see example below:

<html>
<body>
<?php
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuser = "dbusername";
$dbpass = "dbpassword";
$dbname = "dbname";
//Connect to MySQL Server
mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass);
//Select Database
mysql_select_db($dbname) or die(mysql_error());
// Retrieve data from Query String
$age = $_GET['age'];
$sex = $_GET['sex'];
$wpm = $_GET['wpm'];
// Escape User Input to help prevent SQL Injection
$age = mysql_real_escape_string($age);
$sex = mysql_real_escape_string($sex);
$wpm = mysql_real_escape_string($wpm);
//build query
$query = "SELECT * FROM StudentRecord WHERE ae_sex = '$sex'";
if(is_numeric($age))
$query .= " AND ae_age <= $age";
if(is_numeric($wpm))
$query .= " AND ae_wpm <= $wpm";
//Execute query
$qry_result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

//Build Result String
$display_string = "<table>";
$display_string .= "<tr>";
$display_string .= "<th>Name</th>";
$display_string .= "<th>Age</th>";
$display_string .= "<th>Sex</th>";
$display_string .= "<th>WPM</th>";
$display_string .= "</tr>";

// Insert a new row in the table for each person returned
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($qry_result)){
$display_string .= "<tr>";
$display_string .= "<td>$row[ae_name]</td>";
$display_string .= "<td>$row[ae_age]</td>";
$display_string .= "<td>$row[ae_sex]</td>";
$display_string .= "<td>$row[ae_wpm]</td>";
$display_string .= "</tr>";

}
echo "Query: " . $query . "
";
$display_string .= "</table>";
echo $display_string;
?>
</body>
</html>

Source: http://www.tizag.com/ajaxTutorial/ajax-mysql-database.php
Re: Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. by abbyode(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2011
Send me an email on abiodunode@aol.com.
i am sure I can sort you out.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With MEAN Stack Technology? Get In Here / HNG 8.0!!! Lets Connect√√√ / Pls Help Me With Video Tutorials On Html;css;adobe And Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.