Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Argentina Beats Columbia To Proceed To Finals; Messi with 1 Assist, 1 Goal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Beats Columbia To Proceed To Finals; Messi with 1 Assist, 1 Goal (488 Views)

The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ / Juventus May Explore Possibility Of Pairing Messi With Ronaldo / Lionel Messi With His Wife And Sons In Cute Family Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina Beats Columbia To Proceed To Finals; Messi with 1 Assist, 1 Goal by Gospel367: 6:46am On Jul 07, 2021
It was yet another glorious night for the Argentines as they were able to proceed to finals of Copa America 2021 after a well deserved win over Columbia. With this win, they will be battling with Brazil for the cup in the finals.

Messi in yet another brilliant display proved that he still got a lot to offer in the world of football. He was able to provide the only goal assist which placed Argentina one goal ahead. However, the Columbians weren't just a team to walk over. They proved their strength and were able to score later on which equalised the scoreline at 1:1

Argentine team lost some good chances, one being from Lauraro Martinez who missed a goal that no one could ever imagine he would miss. Messi still missed a
goal chance after an amazing finish with the ball just hitting the goal post.

After 90 minutes, the game ended at draw scoreline of 1:1 and then proceeded straight to Penalty shooutout. Messi scored his penalty shoot, with two other Argentine players scoring their goals. However, Columbia missed lots of theirs grabbing only two goal and missing three. The penalty shootout ended at 3:2. With that, Argentina became the winner of the day after a nice play and control of the game.

In another development, Italy beat Spain to proceed to Finals. After 1:1 draw with goals from Chiesa of Italy and Morata of Spain, the game proceeded to penalty shootout and the scoreline ended at 4:2. Morata missed his penalty shoot while Olma who provided the goal assist for the goal scored by Morata also missed his penalty shoot.

With this, Italy awaits for either England or Denmark at the finals depending on who emerges winner of the game between England and Denmark today.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Beats Columbia To Proceed To Finals; Messi with 1 Assist, 1 Goal by caesymore(m): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2021
I watched the match it was a electrifying, I have been seeing Argentina's games in this Copa America and the telepathic transmission between Lionel Messi , Lautaro Martínez and Nicolas Gonzalezand is extra ordinary and in them I see more aggressive team work than was found in the days of Kun Sergio Aguero , Rodrigo Sebastián Palacio along side Lionel Messi .
I believe Messi has got a team that has agreed he leads and definitely I hope he will be leading them to lifting the Copa America.

5 Likes

Re: Argentina Beats Columbia To Proceed To Finals; Messi with 1 Assist, 1 Goal by sorsor(m): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2021
They have tried but I see Brazil lifting this cup no team is a match for them this period

1 Like

Re: Argentina Beats Columbia To Proceed To Finals; Messi with 1 Assist, 1 Goal by Nbotee(m): 8:24am On Jul 07, 2021
How Messi starts every single attacking move and also gets at the end of it is something else..

4 Likes

Re: Argentina Beats Columbia To Proceed To Finals; Messi with 1 Assist, 1 Goal by ojaysam25(m): 10:10am On Jul 07, 2021
They have tried...but this is the end of the road for them...i think the south america fa should organise the copa every year with argentina has host so messi can finally win one. This edition is for the host and nothing can stop this brazil team from winning this copa as they always win whenever they are the host plus the last team to beat argentina were the brazillians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Messi Has Been Confirmed As The 2021 Ballon D'or Winner. / Mohammed Salah Will Not Score In His Next Five Matches For Celebrating Christmas / Transfer News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.