Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? (3692 Views)

Is Studying Physics Actually A Useless Course In Nigeria? / 10 Reasons Why Npower Is A Useless Scheme Of Frustration. / Is The Job Interview Process Becoming Useless In Nigeria? - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by phemmylink(m): 9:22am On Jul 07, 2021
I graduated school in 2009, finished NYSC 2011, I went from teaching to marketing and even thought about business before God helped me in 2014 to secure a job at one of the pharmaceutical firms in Nigeria. Ever since, God has been helping my to jostle payment is debts I got into through expired products and transacting with terrible people, achieving my target (which is getting higher by the year) and constant pressure for sales every day of my life. It has been a living hell. However, I noticed most of my colleagues, those people I graduated with in 2009 have delve into different spheres of business, many make up artists, bankers, fashion designers and alot are still unemployed, only few are practicing as microbiologist. Funny enough I still see some jambites aspiring to be a microbiologist and their loving parents are supporting them going forward. I wonder why this is so, the course doesn't have a future in Nigeria and we keep producing more grads with a degree in Microbiology. If I had known I will be venturing into businesses or sales when I was writing my jamb, I would have tried to get pharmacy or med lab instead. I know if I was told back then I might not listen but one of my biggest regrets is studying microbiology. I want to beg and plead with those people nursing fantasies about the course. Please stay away, it's mainly for research laboratory scientists... Kindly ask yourself a question... How many research labs are available in your area...?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by Kingsean(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
Nigeria is really bleeped up. I would never allow any of my kids study Microbiology or Biochemistry

3 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by uc4uandc(f): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
When you go to do your I.T don't do it in a hospital. Go for the food industry.
Meanwhile, learn to process food on your own.
It would be useful. Focus on food processing .

1 Like

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
Not at all, at least not as useless as Biochemistry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by wunmi590(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
undecided

Is not even one of the most useless, but it is the most useless....

I studied microbiology, when I graduated, after my 2month of job hunting, i luckily got a job in Multichoice from there i went to bank, from bank i went to an I.T company, where I was employed as Admin/Assistant HR and Facility maintenance officer...

From there I went to retail company and was also employed as admin/Assistant HR and facility maintenance Officer.

Went on from there to to a construction company to work as office Manager before I now left to my present place now as the same head of administrative/HR and Facility manager...

E shock you?

6 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by rowland545(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
Graduated from microbiology since 2018 did Nysc in 2019...as I day type now nah papa house I day no job...

Nah Crypto and other small small online things I day use hold body ..

Not easy....but I know God will see me through...as I still day find job

Hope I've answered your question...

5 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by Angelacruz: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
Both r useless
GlorifiedTunde:
Not at all, at least not as useless as Biochemistry.
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by KUNZEH(m): 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
No course is useful in Nigeria.
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by AgentGoat: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2021
Very useless.

1 Like

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by Abubaka50(m): 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
95% of courses we study in school are all useless. Accept you get long leg . grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by DaInferno(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2021
rowland545:
Graduated from microbiology since 2018 did Nysc in 2019...as I day type now nah papa house I day no job...

Nah Crypto and other small small online things I day use hold body ..

Not easy....but I know God will see me through...as I still day find job

Hope I've answered your question...
grin abeg, which other online biz b that. Seriously? I d find work,before I go vex go collect soap
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by toygod2: 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2021
wunmi590:
undecided

Is not even one of the most useless, but it is the most useless....

I studied microbiology, when I graduated, after my 2month of job hunting, i luckily got a job in Multichoice from there i went to bank, from bank i went to an I.T company, where I was employed as Admin/Assistant HR and Facility maintenance officer...

From there I went to retail company and was also employed as admin/Assistant HR and facility maintenance Officer.

Went on from there to to a construction company to work as office Manager before I now left to my present place now as the same head of administrative/HR and Facility manager...

E shock you?

Ur case still better
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by toygod2: 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2021
phemmylink:
I graduated school in 2009, finished NYSC 2011, I went from teaching to marketing and even thought about business before God helped me in 2014 to secure a job at one of the pharmaceutical firms in Nigeria. Ever since, God has been helping my to jostle payment is debts I got into through expired products and transacting with terrible people, achieving my target (which is getting higher by the year) and constant pressure for sales every day of my life. It has been a living hell. However, I noticed most of my colleagues, those people I graduated with in 2009 have delve into different spheres of business, many make up artists, bankers, fashion designers and alot are still unemployed, only few are practicing as microbiologist. Funny enough I still see some jambites aspiring to be a microbiologist and their loving parents are supporting them going forward. I wonder why this is so, the course doesn't have a future in Nigeria and we keep producing more grads with a degree in Microbiology. If I had known I will be venturing into businesses or sales when I was writing my jamb, I would have tried to get pharmacy or med lab instead. I know if I was told back then I might not listen but one of my biggest regrets is studying microbiology. I want to beg and plead with those people nursing fantasies about the course. Please stay away, it's mainly for research laboratory scientists... Kindly ask yourself a question... How many research labs are available in your area...?

You and I are or were in same shoes.

But now, thank God.
Tho not where I want to be but I am not where I used to be.

We move forward everyday

1 Like

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by wunmi590(m): 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
toygod2:

Ur case still better

All thanks to the living God
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by duro4chang(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
Is there any course that has not become useless in this country today?

2 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by Karleb(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2021
No. It is a very useless course.

2 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by Dahunsipaul(m): 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
Mehn this is disheartening

1 Like

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by rowland545(m): 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2021
DaInferno:
grin abeg, which other online biz b that. Seriously? I d find work,before I go vex go collect soap
I just recently got a job as a search engine evaluator...with lionbridge...e hard to do ooo but dey pay in dollars and they pay at d end of the month...nah just 30$ I don make so far.

But they have closed d application sha
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by DaInferno(m): 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2021
rowland545:
I just recently got a job as a search engine evaluator...with lionbridge...e hard to do ooo but dey pay in dollars and they pay at d end of the month...nah just 30$ I don make so far.

damn! But there's has to be something you could hook a brother on, yh?
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by Dahunsipaul(m): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2021
E get as e be, I’ll rather do community health in school of health tech than take up microbiology bsc

2 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by rowland545(m): 7:17am On Jul 08, 2021
DaInferno:
damn! But there's has to be something you could hook a brother on, yh?
bro der is nothing oooh I'm currently learning copy writing... So I can take jobs on fiver and d rest freelancing site.

But dat thing is not easy
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by doghorp(m): 7:23am On Jul 08, 2021
My cousin did microbiology but he has been working in Environmental Laboratory Since he left he left NYSC (2010) till date he just concluded his Masters Degree in Environmental Management

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by Johnchrix(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2021
I did biochemistry till year 4 Infact I'm fed up, low grades, u can't easily pass exams. At the end no jobi

4 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by DaInferno(m): 7:38am On Jul 08, 2021
rowland545:
bro der is nothing oooh I'm currently learning copy writing... So I can take jobs on fiver and d rest freelancing site.

But dat thing is not easy
still good and and interested...sites or media you learning from?
So I could join you
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by rowland545(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2021
DaInferno:
still good and and interested...sites or media you learning from?
So I could join you
I was learning from one guy I met on Twitter.... But d guy com introduce fee later on...so I ran.

But now I day on a hold...I day learn graphics design with canva app on YouTube.... If u fit try learn graphics design..

1 Like

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by DaInferno(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2021
rowland545:
I was learning from one guy I met on Twitter.... But d guy com introduce fee later on...so I ran.

But now I day on a hold...I day learn graphics design with canva app on YouTube.... If u fit try learn graphics design..
thanks bro. God no go shame us
Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by omonla10(m): 8:54am On Jul 08, 2021
I also graduated from microbiology oauife 2009..omo I didn't bother doing NYSC cos I already lost hope in Nigeria(or securing a well paying job) a long time ago.. I'm always grateful to God that I took that bold step..
Now a successful clearing agent with over 10years years experience..

2 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by SeyiObj: 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
Both microbiology and Biochemistry are both useless siblings. Infact over useless they worry the two of them for naija

3 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by saxha: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2021
Even if you study Employment as a course in Nigeria, you'll still be Unemployed.

If not for multinational firms, banks and to some extent Schools, how many non-governmental firms in Nigeria can employ 10 people at a go, with good pay, and not waka waka marketers of less than 50k?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by Tohsynetita1: 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
phemmylink:

What most doesn't know is that most things had changed. Those highly competitive courses are still highly competitive but may not be lucrative. The era we are is the era whereby those courses are living on past glories they garnered in the past. I heard of a barrister that left Law profession and turned a cab driver when he discovered his livelihood there. No be to eat, sleep and clothing be basic human need. And if the aforementioned is catered for without practicing the course by profession, why won't people delve.

1 Like

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by kings4sera(m): 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
I am a Microbiology Graduate of ABUZaria and I've had a successful career in Banking.
I know of a Graduate of Microbiology who is a senior procurement Manager with Total in Portharcourt.
Total is the 11th top notch company he is working with,he wrote CIPS UK after graduation and became a procurement expert.A friend of mine who is also a graduate of Microbiology rose to become the head of HR of inter switch Nigeria in just 10 years after graduation.
Pick a field like accounting and write ACCA,pick procurement and write CIPS,pick finance and write CFA,pick HR and write CIPM UK.
The sky is your limit

Dont be carried away with initial success.Is not who started the race that we be in the front row.You can also choose academics by going for Masters in a top school and thereafter source for PHD funding.
Malaria is a good option especially Molecular studies of Malaria,you can visit the site titled MESA malaria project for funding

2 Likes

Re: Is Microbiology actually a useless course in Nigeria? by samsard(m): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
rowland545:

Hello. How's your search engine evaluator gig going? I signed up recently. Mind if we connect?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Salary Range: National Maritime Authority Nigeria / NITDA Scholarship 2015 Shortlisted Candidates And Exam Details Out / PVTI Invite For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.