Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? (3498 Views)

Any Idea On This Assignment? / I Have A Unique Web/Application Idea / I Need Final Year Project Idea For Computer Science Related 2 Andriod App (2) (3) (4)

Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by elomi: 11:41am On May 10, 2011
This clearly shows that Nigerians are lacking in ideas. Just so you know vertical companies have replaced traditional call center agents with IVR systems which are more efficient, faster, cheaper and more robust and better,

what do you guys think?
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by NET1(m): 12:40pm On May 10, 2011
We need more facts on this story. Mind giving us a link?

Meanwhile, I dey come Lagos by end of the month for that thing we discuss last week on phone. Howz work?

(.NET) Joshua
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by elomi: 1:50pm On May 10, 2011
There you go pal.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/05/09/call-camp-wins-garage48-lagos/

This is pathetic, There are even better ideas from the event if you ask me.
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Bijemi(m): 2:05pm On May 10, 2011
Seun pls frontpage sharp sharp,  this na we own.

In as much as I appreciate the effort and purpose of the event, one would wonder and question the selection process and acceptance. Anyway, I hope this doesn't represent the software development community as a whole. can you imagine? see ideas.

God save us O!
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Slyr0x: 9:31pm On May 10, 2011
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Bijemi(m): 4:28am On May 11, 2011
Did yhu guys read other ideas?

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/05/09/some-of-the-ideas-that-were-in-development-at-garage48-lagos/

That's the point. Some of the other ideas are even better than the "Winner idea".

Shows very poor selection process and a wake-up call for us all.
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Nobody: 6:03am On May 14, 2011
Guys. . . An average idea properly executed, presented trumps a fantastic idea poorly presented any day. So what are you whining about?
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Nobody: 6:16am On May 14, 2011
Besides, i think call camp is the most comprehensive problem solving app of the lot. Customer service is terrible in nigeria and it helps reduces the number of unemployed.
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by enyojo(f): 7:35am On May 14, 2011
It can be an innovation on how better to soak garri for all I care.
Life must get better. undecided undecided
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Nobody: 7:47am On May 14, 2011
I love that cooknchop idea grin grin

but i tot for the idea to really merit any award there should be some content on the site.
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Cuteobi(f): 8:44am On May 14, 2011
Whats garage 48?
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by MMM2(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2011
some1 is lost here
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 14, 2011
Well,kudos to them,even if people feel its crap its one thing to come up with an idea and another to complete it.in Nigeria today where a developer has to take time and Nepa in consideration.besides if people feel they can do better maybe they shud ave participated.anyway cloudcamp it'd be cool if peeps attend.
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Slyr0x: 11:31am On May 14, 2011
^^^ Why not a black African Woman in yo header?
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by blindcopy: 11:59am On May 14, 2011
Hi, guys! Callcamp Project Manager and mobile dev here :-)

Just to help us out a little here, callcamp, the winner of garage48, is not a "call center application"

When you find out what it actually is, and what we were actually able to demo, you may think of it as a little more than "lacking in ideas" :-D

I have a writeup on the front page of my blog here: www.portlagos.com: Its pretty long, but if you go through it, you'll get an idea about what it is we did, what we couldn't do, and what the experience of garage48 was.

In the end, you may feel Nigerians are not exactly "lacking in ideas", anymore! To be honest, I met so many bright and capable Nigerians there, people who actually know how to write code, not the usual PHP cut-and-paste kiddies. I met so many people with incredible skill and a true love for all things tech, There were guys who only ever use Linux and the VI text editor to write code and the pumped out working systems at lightning speed!

To cut a long story short: Callcamp is not simply a call-center application. It's job is to lower call-center costs by allowing freelance agents to sign up, and have support requests routed to them wherever they are!

The system we demoed would take a generic SMS, search through and locate any free agents with a high enough "callcamp score" and via an android application (which we also demoed, in fully functional form) enable the agent to execute a callback. This would be routed to the SMS-originator's phone and then support can be given!

We also demoed a broadcast system that enables the agent to read up on the current status of whatever he is supporting, since obviously free agents are not on site. We didnt demo escalation, but in the final version, an agent who recieves a support call that he deems above his answering level can proceed to escalate it to frontline customer service with priority! Of course escalation in this form may affect their "callcamp score", but we have a pretty sophisticated idea for how we will do the ranking, and of course we plan to have the customer decide on this as well!

In the end, it will lower call center costs, raise the quality of support calls/requests, provide a great way to earn extra money for those with a lot of knowledge and free time!

Finally, to the guy who mentioned IVR systems: We all know that an IVR is basically a way of accepting defeat when it comes to customer service. I dont think they are useful for anything apart from automated "grunt work" such as activations registration, and so forth. Our agents will be able to route calls for such automation-friendly tasks to an IVR also!

SO, once more, www.portlagos.com, check it out, and peace :-)
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Dsense(m): 2:54am On May 15, 2011
OP.
I have just gone through Callcamp blog,Callcamp presented a fascinating work and merit the award,However i'm looking forward to other events/competions such as this to take place in the country . . .It was a great competion. smiley
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by dellnet: 4:35am On May 15, 2011
@blindcopy, much props and I think this idea will surely be welcomed around the world. Looking forward to see it in action.
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by hercules07: 5:35pm On May 15, 2011
Our software engineers need to start writing codecs and the like that they can license, I believe we need to leave all these entry level coding and go deeper into systems programming. Can we get someone to write an implementation of the spanning tree protocol in C?
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by Gboliwe: 1:46pm On May 16, 2011
What is garage48?
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by dimson: 4:30am On May 22, 2011
Hello guys how do i contact the guys that develope myCash, because i urgently some1 that can hwlp me develope a mobile application. Please an serious and its urgent.
Re: Garage48 Winner's Idea - "A call Center Application"? by meri21: 8:26am On Aug 04, 2011
I am also working for one call center and we are working in voice over ip and we have vonage based system . although it is working good but it creates problem of connection some time. and I am willing to change it soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------
call center service ,

Andela, Udacity And Google Team Up To Teach Nigerians Android Development 4 Free / Get Free Wordpress Website + Free Domain Name + Free Hosting For A Year / How Do I Pay For Apps On Google Play Store