Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF (778 Views)

World Heavyweight Boxing: Fury Vs Wilder Trilogy Sat.9th Oct.2021 / Anthony Joshua Calls For Face-to-face Talks With Deontay Wilder (video) / Deontay Wilder Shoves Off Tyson Fury During Fight Promotional Campaign (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by NwaNimo1(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2021
COVID KO Tyson Fury tests positive for coronavirus with Deontay Wilder trilogy fight OFF and ‘pushed back to October 9’

TYSON FURY has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus meaning his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder is OFF.

There were reports last night of a Covid-19 outbreak in the Gypsy King's camp.

Tyson Fury's fight with Deontay Wilder is off after he tested positive for coronavirus

But now the WBC heavyweight king has contracted the virus.

Dan Rafael stated Fury does have symptoms and is feeling ill.

The reporter added assistant trainer Andy Lee, featherweight Isaac Lowe and former WBO heavyweight champ Joseph Parker also returned positive test results.

And that guarantees the fight cannot go ahead on July 24 as planned.

A new date is being targeted later in the year with October 9 the likely option with major events in both August and September already in the boxing calendar.

Fury and Wilder drew their first instalment before the British star crushed his American rival in their rematch in 2020.

He was due to head back to Las Vegas for fight No3 two weeks from now but he will need to self-isolate.

It is understood Fury has had his first coronavirus vaccination but not his second jab.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15540241/tyson-fury-coronavirus-wilder-fight-off/
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2021
grin
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by Nbotee(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2021
Dis fight jus no wan happen
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by Mokason288(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2021
grin
I see AJ using JUJU to do this

Watch and see October

Wilder will contact his own Covid

And the fight will be postponed again till MAY 2022

Sense will not kill me
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by paulolee(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2021
wahala...which covid again?? or dm just wan delay d fight?
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by Great100000: 6:15am On Jul 10, 2021
But why now.... I wan see Fury vs Edo Man Fight na....
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by meobizy(f): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2021
I don't care. With MMA the longest fans can wait for a fight is one year. In boxing the fans have to contend with almost six years before super fights occur.
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by Kachi4christ(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2021
Fury is a dosser I knew this would happen, don't be surprised if he doesn't fight wilder for the 3rd time, he knows what's in store, imagine after getting through wilder( which I know he won't) then he face AJ. He can't beat wilder this time nor beat AJ....this should tell the whole world AJ is not a dosser, he faces his mandatories without excuses .
Fury cheated on the 2nd fight and all eyes will be on him now....am not surprised the fight was shifted.
Mokason288:
grin
I see AJ using JUJU to do this

Watch and see October

Wilder will contact his own Covid

And the fight will be postponed again till MAY 2022

Sense will not kill me
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by Mokason288(m): 9:18am On Jul 10, 2021
Kachi4christ:
Fury is a dosser I knew this would happen, don't be surprised if he doesn't fight wilder for the 3rd time, he knows what's in store, imagine after getting wilder u face AJ.
He cheated on the 2nd fight and all eyes will be on him now....am not surprised the fight was shifted.
How did fury cheat?

I’m sure I’m not the only boxing lover in this forum that will love to hear this
Re: Tyson Fury Tests Positive For Coronavirus With Deontay Wilder Trilogy Fight OFF by Kachi4christ(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2021
His gloves were lose, his hands were flapping thereby making his punches to be strong when landed the videos are all over YouTube
Mokason288:

How did fury cheat?

I’m sure I’m not the only boxing lover in this forum that will love to hear this

(1) (Reply)

Drogba: Willian, Luiz And Cech Were Chelsea Agents At Arsenal / 5 Managers With The Most Progressive Playing Style In Football Right Now / Photo: Sadio Mane's Phone & His Love For His People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.