Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

How To Get Started With CFA Program - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Get Started With CFA Program (4529 Views)

Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! / CFA Candidates In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Started With CFA Program by Actman(m): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2007
Getting started with the Chartered Financial Analyst program

Four easy steps to become a Candidate in the CFA Program

Find out about the program
Make sure you know what you’re getting into as a candidate in the program and what opportunities you’ll get out of it as a CFA charterholder once you’ve completed the program.
- Overview
- Benefits
- Course of study

Is this the program for you?
Not everyone is ready to enter the CFA Program. But if you’re an investment professional planning to advance your career, this could be the right step.   
• Review the program entrance requirements, including educational background and professional conduct
• Find out why current charterholders went through the program
• Learn about the jobs that benefit from the experience that comes with a CFA charter

What’s the first step?
You’ve decided to enter the CFA Program. Now what?
• Review the fees: Confirm that you’re ready to pay the one-time program enrollment fee and the registration fee for your first exam
• Learn more about scheduling: Find out how long it will take and when you should sign up
• Prepare for your exam: Remember to plan on at least 250 hours of study time (plenty of tools to help you prepare)

• Enroll in the program and register for exams online

Requirements

1.  Fulfill the entrance requirements. You must:
•  Have a US. bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree, be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program, or have four years of qualified, professional work experience or a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years
•  Meet the professional conduct admission criteria (during the application process, you will be asked to sign statements of Professional Conduct and Candidate Responsibility)
•  Be prepared to take the exams in English

2. Sign up for your first exam. Registering for the first exam also enrolls you as a candidate in the CFA Program. Requires one-time program enrollment fee in addition to exam registration fee.

Please check the official website for more information on the above: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/index.html or www.cfainstitute.org

Regards.
Re: How To Get Started With CFA Program by oludunamis(m): 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2007
@Actman

Are you currently studying for CFA or you are qualified already. It would be nice to rub minds with prospective CFAs
cheers
Re: How To Get Started With CFA Program by Actman(m): 12:48am On Jul 18, 2007
Hello Oludunamis,

Am currently studying for the Level 1 exam coming up in December 1st 2007. Sharing ideas, materials, and other related useful information, also creating awareness of the CFA progam - are my primary reasons for posting the topic. So, if it's a matter of rubbing minds together regarding the CFA exams, then you're welcomed.

Regards.
Re: How To Get Started With CFA Program by ulohomuno: 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2007
hello,
I am trying to take the december 2007 CFA part 1 exam. how can i get the Curricullum.

i am in nigeria and planning to organise a study group base in lagos.

thanks
Re: How To Get Started With CFA Program by Actman(m): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2007
Hi Ulohomuno,

The first way to get CFA Curriculum is to buy it directly from the Institute. But beginning from June 08, those who register for the exam will get among other packages the study Curriculum. Another way is to buy it from those who had previously written the exams and are willing to sell their materials, but always better to get currently materials becos of changes in the subsequent editions. Also, you can get it from other organisations that conduct trainings for prospective candidates such as Schweser [Study notes] and Allen Resources. You can even get to download some of the past study notes free online on some websites.

Are you just planning to register for the forth coming December 07 exam or you've registered already? Am presently not in Lagos otherwise I would have loved to join the study group. I guess I've answered the question you raised, if not, you can email me personally for further clarifications [progressman1 at yahoo dot come].

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Facilities Managers And Interests / Glo NG Salary Structure: Salary Of Globacom Telecom PLC / Nigerian Police Promotion List 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.